IGNORED

Scott Twine

DaveF

The overreaction to this news is mental.

It’s like we are the only club to ever have a player out injured.

Atkinson & Sykes are both on the way back, one of the others who is absent (Benarous) has only started 7 league games ever, I’d say the amount of players we are currently missing is probably around average for a Championship team.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The overreaction to this news is mental.

It’s like we are the only club to ever have a player out injured.

Atkinson & Sykes are both on the way back, one of the others who is absent (Benarous) has only started 7 league games ever, I’d say the amount of players we are currently missing is probably around average for a Championship team.

it's more about the context, the timing of the injury. We've just signed him on loan, and now he's injured after one game. I think there is an overreaction to the reaction! People are pissed off, nothing wrong with that

• Like 10
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

No reason why this team can’t get a result.

Absolutely, plus it is sensible to rotate the squad & being able to bring on the likes of Conway, James & McCrorie is decent.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Two weeks is a lot better than I was expecting - that’s good news on the scheme of things 🤞🤞

That’s a ‘Bristol City’ two weeks. 

So, probably the last we see of him. Hopefully, we had a clause to return. 

Anyhow, time for the squad minus Twine and any other first team squad additions to prove JL and Tins right. Top 6 here we come. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Also don’t we have 7 games in 23 days. 

Yep & also know Pring & TGH can’t face Forest.

I predicted 10/11 of this side, (thought McCrorie would play) but am fully behind being sensible with him & can guess the reaction on here if he pulled up in the first half..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Two weeks is a lot better than I was expecting - that’s good news on the scheme of things 🤞🤞

They said Sykes would be out for '"a few weeks", he's been out for a month and still isn't on the bench

Edited by Unan
  • Like 1

The thing with loan players (and remember we’ve had a loan physio previously) is that you naturally (a) have to tread carefully and (b) defer to the parents judgement of the injury. It’s one reason why I’m not a fan of loans overall - the time out of the team is always going to be a touch higher as on a 50/50 call you, out of deference to the parent club, err on the side of caution. There may be nothing wrong in that long term but it is a fact that the judgement is not that of your medical team alone. And city may think he’s fine but if Burnley have any doubt - he’s not playing.

(NB - he is clearly injured, this is more to say any period out is likely to be longer than if he was contracted)

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Presumably if we had bought him he wouldn't have got an issue? 

If we had bought him he’d be a long term asset, not a short term play to make the play-offs. We’ll see if he can do it but he’ll struggle for the next few weeks!

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I can’t see anything other than a Cov win in all honesty. They’re just too good at home for me to be too optimistic. Will be watching O’Hare longingly though. 

Van Ewijk is rapid.  I imagine will Mehmeti for Twine, he’ll be responsible for helping Pring with him and Sakamoto.

18 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

Good point.  Let's be honest, we wont see Twine until March at the earliest.  

Friend who told us this on Friday night said his source said it’s a bad quad and it’s ‘up to 3 months’. I seriously hope he isn’t right!