IGNORED

Scott Twine

DaveF

On 21/01/2024 at 07:11, Silvio Dante said:

H - watching with naked eye (and again I think/hope it’s a wavelength thing), I do struggle to remember what from open play could be classed as a key pass (and my determination of that is that it’s either an assist to a chance or an “assist to an assist”) - therefore the number here does surprise me.

Im not doubting its providence, but is it a case that it includes key passes from set pieces and is therefore a bit of the same angle on what’s being said (ie as a minimum McCrorie should have scored from a corner - key pass - from Twine and Dickie nearly did). If it’s fully open play, I didn’t see that volume of key passes.

Sorry Silvio I completely missed this reply. 
Yes, I certainly acknowledge that the key passes referenced were from set pieces. 
My initial response where I mentioned this was to the poster who basically said “oh, he gave it away every time”. I was simply saying “well his performance was good enough for me”. 

My main point in my first post on this thread was that he allowed us to play differently. He offered a pass to feet in central areas. Thats the big thing that’s been missing from our game for a long long time. 
I wouldn’t say my praise of Twine was overly gushing - it was just that I saw his ability to offer something different.  
Yes, he did give the ball away a number of times - actually more than he normally would to be fair, and about 8 of those were in the first 20 minutes, so perhaps he can be excused for having only had 1 training session with the team prior to going straight into the lineup. 

I’ve watched the game back now and I counted 13 times where Twine was able to receive a ball to feet, facing his own goal. Thats the missing link. Thats what will allow us to play quicker from the back. We haven’t seen those sort of numbers in years! Once he gets familiar with his teammates he should be able to succeed in a few more passes. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Not seen it mentioned (so I prolly just missed it) but Scott Twine made the EFL team of the week

see here

Well done Scott.

Well done indeed.. there’s a lot of midfield talent to compete against up there in the top end of the championship ⚽👋. Quite a debut..

12 hours ago, FNQ said:

Well done indeed.. there’s a lot of midfield talent to compete against up there in the top end of the championship ⚽👋. Quite a debut..

They obviously studied his display in detail? ........Apparently he found the back of the net with one of his two shots?   Liquid football?

• Facepalm 1

35 minutes ago, maxjak said:

They obviously studied his display in detail? ........Apparently he found the back of the net with one of his two shots?   Liquid football?

You obviously studied him and see things differently then? In his one game for us while learning to fit in with his new team mates, and in addition to making that EFL team of the week, he’s already scored more goals this season than Joe and is now level with TGH, Anis and Harry. He is a better player than what we’ve got and therefore is the type of player that we need. Turn that frown upside down 😎👍

• Haha 1

I take little notice of the various teams of the week. In Twine's case (as is often) a goal gets them noticed hence they get it.

I thought it was a very decent debut, could / should have had another goal & offers something a bit different to the others. However without that goal he wouldn't be in the team of the week.

My only concern is that I hope he doesn't block Mehmeti, who for me, has been looking much better in the recent games.

5 hours ago, FNQ said:

You obviously studied him and see things differently then? In his one game for us while learning to fit in with his new team mates, and in addition to making that EFL team of the week, he’s already scored more goals this season than Joe and is now level with TGH, Anis and Harry. He is a better player than what we’ve got and therefore is the type of player that we need. Turn that frown upside down 😎👍

What frown?.........i was making the point that he scored with a "HEADER" and not a shot........so they couldn't have studied very closely?  I want us to sign him permanently, but am concerned that we might not be able to?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, maxjak said:

What frown?.........i was making the point that he scored with a "HEADER" and not a shot........so they couldn't have studied very closely?  I want us to sign him permanently, but am concerned that we might not be able to?

Are you saying a header isn't a shot?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Are you saying a header isn't a shot?

It's a question of semantics..............you can call it whatever you like.   But when i played football, if a high cross came over.....I never heard anyone shout "Shoot it " ?   

Edited by maxjak
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It's a question of semantics..............you can call it whatever you like.   But when i played football, if a high cross came over.....I never heard anyone shout "Shoot it " ?   

To be fair, if a low cross came in I never heard anyone shout "shoot it" either.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

For betting purposes a header will be classed as a shot on target

For all purposes it will be a shot on target.

Opta defines a shot on target as any goal attempt that is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal.

Nothing about whic part of the body is used to make the the attempt.

2 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I like to think my teammates knew what to do in those circumstances without me telling them.

For betting purposes a header will be classed as a shot on target

So in your football career...up front or at the back....you never once heard someone shout......"Head it"   ?   You realise your unique?   Ha!      Anyway, Whatever, seems like i've started a pedant's paradise?

Edited by maxjak
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

Semantics, or definitions I guess. It’s a shot on target, so it’s a shot.

56 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

For all purposes it will be a shot on target.

Opta defines a shot on target as any goal attempt that is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal.

Nothing about whic part of the body is used to make the the attempt.

Let’s not get into the ones that bookies have avoided paying out on that they didn’t class as “shots” 🤣

52 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Semantics, or definitions I guess. It’s a shot on target, so it’s a shot.

Let’s not get into the ones that bookies have avoided paying out on that they didn’t class as “shots” 🤣

Quite honestly i am bored of this now.........there really are some sad people around?

Only rumours right now. Some have said that Twine was out on the grass training normally today. If there was any substance to the 'story', you'd have thought it would have easily leaked here, similar to the Afobe incident in 2019. My advice, believe nothing until its official.

Edited by Curr Avon

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Only rumours right now. Some have said that Twine was out on the grass training normally today. If there was any substance to the 'story', you'd have thought it would have easily leeked here, similar to the Afobe incident in 2019. My advice, believe nothing until its official.

Hope this is true (that he was training today) as had heard that he’d picked up a Quad injury…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Hope this is true (that he was training today) as had heard that he’d picked up a Quad injury…

I heard that too, but as the club has previously leaked like a sieve, I'm surprised that none of our ITK posters have mentioned it. That gives me hope that it's wide of the mark.

Edited by Curr Avon

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

I heard that too, but as the club has previously leaked like a sieve, I'm surprised that none of our ITK posters have mentioned it. That gives me hope that it's wide of the mark.

Well, you were sat with Mr ITK in the coffee shop today, what did he say?

10 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Only rumours right now. Some have said that Twine was out on the grass training normally today. If there was any substance to the 'story', you'd have thought it would have easily leaked here, similar to the Afobe incident in 2019. My advice, believe nothing until its official.

Are you @Robbored in disguise?