IGNORED

Max

GrahamC

Great with the ball at his feet and coming off of his line, handling was good  and distribution was OK.

But let's be honest, the defence was so good (or Forest so poor) that he had very little to do tonight. 

Good defensive performance.

34 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

One of the best things he did tonight was come 45 yards off his line when Forest had that quick break, that’s what you call sweeper keeping.

I’m calling him Maxuel Neuer from now on. His positioning was excellent tonight. 

• Like 1

Max had a brilliant game tonight, great positioning and sweeping all night, distribution was great and commanded his box very well. 

For some reason some people often say, “well he didn’t really do much and didn’t have many saves to make”. Being a good keeper is a lot more than making saves, and whilst he didn’t have to make any worldie saves this evening, he did everything else very very well. His improvement in all round game is one of the main reasons why our defence looks so strong imo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TommyD68 said:

Max had a brilliant game tonight, great positioning and sweeping all night, distribution was great and commanded his box very well. 

For some reason some people often say, “well he didn’t really do much and didn’t have many saves to make”. Being a good keeper is a lot more than making saves, and whilst he didn’t have to make any worldie saves this evening, he did everything else very very well. His improvement in all round game is one of the main reasons why our defence looks so strong imo. 

there was one moment when he came out of his box and intercepted a forest through ball, and uber-casually played it to dickie, I think. looked so assured tonight. 

11 minutes ago, DolmanGaz said:

there was one moment when he came out of his box and intercepted a forest through ball, and uber-casually played it to dickie, I think. looked so assured tonight. 

Yeah I remember and agree he looked very assured tonight. I don’t think anything really fazes him and seems very calm in situations like that. Going back to the West Ham game, he came out of his box to sweep up which led to our goal straight down the other end. Only a few days before he was caught out at PNE in a similar situation, but I think that speaks volumes.. A lot of players in that position may have shied away but he didn’t and I don’t get the impression he ever will. I think he’s hugely underrated by some of the fan base and is getting better and better. 

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

One of the best things he did tonight was come 45 yards off his line when Forest had that quick break, that’s what you call sweeper keeping.

I’ve said it ever since he got back into the side last season….his starting position is so much higher than Bents, it closes the gaps between him and defence and makes it harder for our opponents.  He’s not perfect, but this is just one element of the difference he makes.  That piece of anticipation was excellent, snuffed out a really dangerous opportunity.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I thought this at the time, combined with a solid first time pass without the need control it. That was good vision, it took courage and was a highlight of the game for me.

I've been highly critical of MOL in the recent past, his confidence is growing, his positioning is improving, his distribution is improving....keep up the excellent work Max!

7 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Couple of decent cup games aside, he has cost us again tonight. Area of improvement needed in the summer if we are to progress over the next couple of seasons.

I know fans give him an easy ride as he came through the youth set up but reality is he isn’t good enough for anyone with promotion ambitions.

Nonsense.  Fans give him a tough ride as they can’t bear to be wrong after judging him 3 years ago 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Just judge him over the season and then no need to give him a tough ride tonight.  Just accept that every keeper makes the odd mistake. 

He’s only just off the back of another clanger at Preston - how many is he allowed?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Nonsense.  Fans give him a tough ride as they can’t bear to be wrong after judging him 3 years ago 

I don’t get this logic… Everyone wants to see the players perform, but especially when they come up through the ranks. Sometimes you have to say they aren’t of the standard needed.

Max is a good league one keeper and a decent back up at championship level. That’s the reality!

Just now, Rob k said:

He’s only just off the back of another clanger at Preston - how many is he allowed?

As many as he wants it would seem!

• Like 9

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

I don’t get this logic… Everyone wants to see the players perform, but especially when they come up through the ranks. Sometimes you have to say they aren’t of the standard needed.

Max is a good league one keeper and a decent back up at championship level. That’s the reality!

The logic is this. Fans form an opinion on a player early and then don’t want to be proved wrong so they give that player a hard time in a desperate bid to be proved correct. 

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Across a season he’s allowed to make mistakes. How close those mistakes happen isn’t relevant. If you think Max is having a bad season then wobble your head and think again 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Across a season he’s allowed to make mistakes. How close those mistakes happen isn’t relevant. If you think Max is having a bad season then wobble your head and think again 

He’s let in a few goals this season that he could and should have done better with - what championship club would spend money on max as their number 1 keeper? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The logic is this. Fans form an opinion on a player early and then don’t want to be proved wrong so they give that player a hard time in a desperate bid to be proved correct. 

Fans would love to be proved wrong. If not I would question why you would even call yourself a fan it.

Max has proved no one wrong!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

A few? Say 4?  Out of 33.  And he’s made some superb saves as well. Probably more than 4. 

We’re in the championship, the so called 4th best division in Europe, I’d expect a keeper to make a few good saves. 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

A few? Say 4?  Out of 33.  And he’s made some superb saves as well. Probably more than 4. 

His job is to prevent goals. 

Sometimes he does well at that and other times he doesn't. 

Do you have any stats which shows he has made saves that he really shouldn't have made? 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

His job is to prevent goals. 

Sometimes he does well at that and other times he doesn't. 

Do you have any stats which shows he has made saves that he really shouldn't have made? 

It’s always stats with you isn’t it! Just watch the game with your eyes 

10 minutes ago, Rob k said:

He’s let in a few goals this season that he could and should have done better with - what championship club would spend money on max as their number 1 keeper? 

Hull and Watford 100% definitely plus Coventry maybe Ipswich, West Brom and Middlesbrough just looking at clubs above us would all love Max as their number one. 

He is not the problem.

• Haha 1