IGNORED

Forest Replay: Ticket Details Announced 🎟️

Port Said Red

31 minutes ago, redkev said:

Yes not the best of hunting grounds for us , I still cling onto the league cup semi final 1-1 Paul mardon 8,000k city fans as my best memory thereΒ 

Were there really that many? Wow. I remember not really being able to see much, and extremely disappointed as John Pender put in the equaliser. It seemed to take forever to get over the line.

7 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Were there really that many? Wow. I remember not really being able to see much, and extremely disappointed as John Pender put in the equaliser. It seemed to take forever to get over the line.

Yes it was that many..my memory is not great but I'm fairly sure we had the full away end..which was an open end in those days and we had the lower tier of the main stand..the full length of the pitch. It was a great night.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-afcon-squads-named-9003494

Nigeria v Cameroon tonight

Senegal v Ivory Coast MondayΒ 

Senegal should beat Ivory Coast soΒ Willy Boly, Serge Aurier and Ibrahim Sangare should be back for the replay.

Β 

Β 

Just a brief update as the question is being asked: Willy Boly is Murillo’s usual CB partner and we are much more solid with him back. Mad Serge might be on the bench though Montial was pretty poor on Wed so he could start. Sangare was a Β£30m signing from PSV in the summer and meant to be transform our midfield but he’s struggled with the pace of the Prem so far. The replay could be Awoniyi’s first game back - thank **** - He’s deceptively quick and knocks CB’s about for fun. We’re trying to sign two wingers from Ajax and Dortmund and hopefully a competent GK - Could be Kasper Schmeichel. There could be 4 or 5 changes from Wednesday. Unfortunately Elanga will still be out. His speed is what unlocked Newcastle and Man U in recent games - I never though I’d see a player quicker then Bren Johnson play for us.

34 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Yes it was that many..my memory is not great but I'm fairly sure we had the full away end..which was an open end in those days and we had the lower tier of the main stand..the full length of the pitch. It was a great night.

It wasn’t the whole open end it was Β a large section in the corner that went up at an angle and like you say the whole bottom tier along the pitch that’s where I was , remember thinking how packed the terrace full of city wasΒ 

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

• Admin

How are away end allocations calculated in the FA Cup?

The calculation is quite simple in the FA Cup.

Prior to the semi-final and final, which are played at Wembley, visiting clubs are allowed up to 15 per cent of all tickets for the stadium they are playing at.

That is unless 15 per cent of the stadium exceeds 9,000. So clubs travelling to Old Trafford, the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the London Stadium and the Emirates Stadium will have their allocations capped at 9,000, unless the home clubs are willing to offer more.

Despite the calculation seeming quite simple, there are still a few stipulations.

The visiting club must make a request for the amount of tickets they would like for their fans within four days of the draw. More often than not, teams will request the full 15 per cent but, in some scenarios, they will take fewer tickets than they are allowed.

In the instance that not all away tickets are sold by the visiting club, the remaining tickets must be returned to the home club on or (preferably) before the day of the match.

The tickets in the away end are not the only ones that are accessible to the visiting club. They are also entitled to a third of seats usually reserved and known as β€œhome and visiting directors’ seats” up to a maximum of 24 seats.

The disabled facilities must also be separated. The visiting club have the right to claim 15 per cent of those seats as well.

Visiting clubs will not always be guaranteed 15 per cent of the seats throughout the stadium, though.

The Safety Advisory Group (SAG) must also agree to the away allocation that has been proposed. The SAG is made up of representatives of services including the police, fire, ambulance and building authority.

For fixtures that pose risks to health and safety, they can choose to decrease allocations for visiting clubs

TAKEN FROM : https://theathletic.com/4071358/2023/01/09/fa-cup-away-end-allocations-calculated/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

Prior to the semi-final and final, which are played at Wembley, visiting clubs are allowed up to 15 per cent of all tickets for the stadium they are playing at.

That is unless 15 per cent of the stadium exceeds 9,000. So clubs travelling to Old Trafford, the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the London Stadium and the Emirates Stadium will have their allocations capped at 9,000, unless the home clubs are willing to offer more.

Despite the calculation seeming quite simple, there are still a few stipulations.

The visiting club must make a request for the amount of tickets they would like for their fans within four days of the draw. More often than not, teams will request the full 15 per cent but, in some scenarios, they will take fewer tickets than they are allowed.

In the instance that not all away tickets are sold by the visiting club, the remaining tickets must be returned to the home club on or (preferably) before the day of the match.

The tickets in the away end are not the only ones that are accessible to the visiting club. They are also entitled to a third of seats usually reserved and known as β€œhome and visiting directors’ seats” up to a maximum of 24 seats.

The disabled facilities must also be separated. The visiting club have the right to claim 15 per cent of those seats as well.

Visiting clubs will not always be guaranteed 15 per cent of the seats throughout the stadium, though.

The Safety Advisory Group (SAG) must also agree to the away allocation that has been proposed. The SAG is made up of representatives of services including the police, fire, ambulance and building authority.

For fixtures that pose risks to health and safety, they can choose to decrease allocations for visiting clubs

TAKEN FROM : https://theathletic.com/4071358/2023/01/09/fa-cup-away-end-allocations-calculated/

I also thought that safe segregation came into it aswell , I could be wrong - according to the wife I usually amΒ 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Forest Red said:

Just a brief update as the question is being asked: Willy Boly is Murillo’s usual CB partner and we are much more solid with him back. Mad Serge might be on the bench though Montial was pretty poor on Wed so he could start. Sangare was a Β£30m signing from PSV in the summer and meant to be transform our midfield but he’s struggled with the pace of the Prem so far. The replay could be Awoniyi’s first game back - thank **** - He’s deceptively quick and knocks CB’s about for fun. We’re trying to sign two wingers from Ajax and Dortmund and hopefully a competent GK - Could be Kasper Schmeichel. There could be 4 or 5 changes from Wednesday. Unfortunately Elanga will still be out. His speed is what unlocked Newcastle and Man U in recent games - I never though I’d see a player quicker then Bren Johnson play for us.

Players that are signed after the first game are not eligible to play in a replay I believe.Β 

But considering your club are FFP cheats, is it wise to continue spending?Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

My memories of that match are that it was freezing cold, and big Joe Jordan got his ass kicked all over the pitch by their centre half Wilson.Β  And Joe hardly laid a finger on him.

Β 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Β 

But considering your club are FFP cheats, is it wise to continue spending?Β 

FFP cheats? No - what ever the outcome of process it doesn’t affect our spending in this season. It revolves around whether Johnson’s sale to Spurs was part of he 22/23 accounts or this years accounts

5 hours ago, redkev said:

It wasn’t the whole open end it was Β a large section in the corner that went up at an angle and like you say the whole bottom tier along the pitch that’s where I was , remember thinking how packed the terrace full of city wasΒ 

Pretty sure if my memory serves me right there was a bloody great floodlight in amongst us as well.Β 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Forest Red said:

FFP cheats? No - what ever the outcome of process it doesn’t affect our spending in this season. It revolves around whether Johnson’s sale to Spurs was part of he 22/23 accounts or this years accounts

Your club has admitted the breach because you have breached it. So yea, you're cheats.Β 

We're a club that did all we could to avoid breaching ffp. We sacrificed a lot to comply. Whilst we were cutting our cloth you were cheating so you'll likely find zero sympathy on here

The argument around Johnsons sale is ridiculous and its an argument that will surely be thrown out. Should have sold him before the ffp cut off.Β 

As Everton have recently found out, the year that you breach doesn't suddenly disappear. You sold around 70 millions worth and then spent 120 million. Now I'm no ffp expert but continuing spending like that will see you end up in more ffp bother next year and you'll continue to have no sympathy from me.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, phantom said:

All true. There is a little more to it than this though.

Home teams wants to maximize revenue from these FA Cup games. For this reason, bigger allocation offers often come with T&C's attached. For example, WHU offered City multiple different allocation sizes, the lower end ones coming without any conditions attached. However, the 9k allocation offer, which they were obliged to make, came with the condition that any unsold seats would need to be paid for by City. (Yes, clubs can do this). This is because it meant moving thousands of their ST holders, and because they were confident they could shift the tickets their end. Therefore, clubs have to choose their allocation carefully. In this case, it was a no brainer - a new stadium for most, top end PL club with recent European success, easy (ish) location, pretty convenient KO time, very cheap tickets, etc.

In the case of Forest, it's not so cut and dried that we'll take a huge following up there. We've played them a fair amount in recent years, it's a reasonably long trek for a midweek game, the opponents in any potential next round are unknown, ticket prices might not be as cheap (they are not obliged to match our pricing) etc etc.

So, it's not just a case of it's the FA Cup, we must accept 15%. There are lots of other factors that come into play.

1 minute ago, Tokyo Red said:

Home teams wants to maximize revenue from these FA Cup games. For this reason, bigger allocation offers often come with T&C's attached. For example, WHU offered City multiple different allocation sizes, the lower end ones coming without any conditions attached. However, the 9k allocation offer, which they were obliged to make, came with the condition that any unsold seats would need to be paid for by City. (Yes, clubs can do this). This is because it meant moving thousands of their ST holders, and because they were confident they could shift the tickets their end. Therefore, clubs have to choose their allocation carefully. In this case, it was a no brainer - a new stadium for most, top end PL club with recent European success, easy (ish) location, pretty convenient KO time, very cheap tickets, etc.

In the case of Forest, it's not so cut and dried that we'll take a huge following up there. We've played them a fair amount in recent years, it's a reasonably long trek for a midweek game, the opponents in any potential next round are unknown, ticket prices might not be as cheap (they are not obliged to match our pricing) etc etc.

So, it's not just a case of it's the FA Cup, we must accept 15%. There are lots of other factors that come into play.

Very interesting post …..

1 hour ago, Komazawa said:

You would hope Forest would offer reciprocal prices. However they did charge more for their home game Vs Blackpool than we did for the Forest game.Β 

We priced it at a tenner so hopefully they'd do the same. But then they are a greedy premier league club who's cheated ffp so who knows.Β 

When we were drawn against West Ham we both agreed on the prices in a reciprocal deal in case of a replay. Hence why West Ham announced their away tickets hours after the game finished.Β 

I don't know if we've done this with Forest.Β 

20 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-afcon-squads-named-9003494

Nigeria v Cameroon tonight

Senegal v Ivory Coast MondayΒ 

Senegal should beat Ivory Coast soΒ Willy Boly, Serge Aurier and Ibrahim Sangare should be back for the replay.

Β 

Β 

I don’t see them being brought back into the squad straight away tbh

They will probably be given a week to recover as is usualΒ 

15 hours ago, Forest Red said:

The sale was in a separate accounting period to the one you’re being charged over. Β  There is no β€˜whether’ about it. Β Hope you get done for it. Β Sick of clubs like yours taking the piss and then bleating over it.Β 

Edited by lenred
  • Like 2

So, with two games left to play, the replays are:

Forest v City

Southampton v Watford

Plymouth v Leeds

Villa v Chelsea

Coventry v Wednesday

Half a chance of ours being on TV? Villa v Chelsea & Plymouth v Leeds will be on I`m sure but provided there`s a winner in Newport v Man Utd & Blackburn v Wrexham I reckon there`s a chance.

20 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, with two games left to play, the replays are:

Forest v City

Southampton v Watford

Plymouth v Leeds

Villa v Chelsea

Coventry v Wednesday

Half a chance of ours being on TV? Villa v Chelsea & Plymouth v Leeds will be on I`m sure but provided there`s a winner in Newport v Man Utd & Blackburn v Wrexham I reckon there`s a chance.

I’d say our game is more likely to be on tv than Plymouth v Leeds.Β 

• Like 1