IGNORED

Forest Replay: Ticket Details Announced 🎟️

Port Said Red

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It should be but it`s Leeds the TV magnet.

I thought that magnet effect only worked in the Championship. Although all those Yorkshiremen having to get up before they go to bed to make it all the way down to deepest darkest Janner territory, might just mean someone will take pity on them and show it live instead…

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Decent prices, but I'm confused about how much members have to pay!

EDIT - I guess the "non" refers to the whole sentence, but it doesn't read very well.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 122045.png

It's decent when you consider it in the context of how expensive watching football is. 

However when you consider it in the context that we charged their fans a tenner then it's incredibly poor. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's decent when you consider it in the context of how expensive watching football is. 

However when you consider it in the context that we charged their fans a tenner then it's incredibly poor. 

Yep, fair point. Had forgotten that as I wasn’t able to make the home game.

13 minutes ago, RobImps said:

Thought the rules were 15% of total capacity up to a max of 9k?

We should be closer to 4.5k

Also needs addressing why were being hit for £17 when they had it as a tenner. 🤬

Basically City have to pay for all the tickets for whatever allocation we have. So if we ask for 4.5k tickets and only sell 3k then City still need to pay for the 1.5k tickets that are not sold. 

Yes thats really annoyed me. 

• The title was changed to Forest Replay: Ticket Details Announced 🎟️
10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Basically City have to pay for all the tickets for whatever allocation we have. So if we ask for 4.5k tickets and only sell 3k then City still need to pay for the 1.5k tickets that are not sold. 

A Forest fan in one of the group chats I’m in seems to think this is a SAG/police decision. 
2800 was all Blackpool were offered in round 3 as well. 

• Admin
47 minutes ago, RobImps said:

Thought the rules were 15% of total capacity up to a max of 9k?

We should be closer to 4.5k

Also needs addressing why were being hit for £17 when they had it as a tenner. 🤬

See below

On 27/01/2024 at 22:28, phantom said:

How are away end allocations calculated in the FA Cup?

The calculation is quite simple in the FA Cup.

Prior to the semi-final and final, which are played at Wembley, visiting clubs are allowed up to 15 per cent of all tickets for the stadium they are playing at.

That is unless 15 per cent of the stadium exceeds 9,000. So clubs travelling to Old Trafford, the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the London Stadium and the Emirates Stadium will have their allocations capped at 9,000, unless the home clubs are willing to offer more.

Despite the calculation seeming quite simple, there are still a few stipulations.

The visiting club must make a request for the amount of tickets they would like for their fans within four days of the draw. More often than not, teams will request the full 15 per cent but, in some scenarios, they will take fewer tickets than they are allowed.

In the instance that not all away tickets are sold by the visiting club, the remaining tickets must be returned to the home club on or (preferably) before the day of the match.

The tickets in the away end are not the only ones that are accessible to the visiting club. They are also entitled to a third of seats usually reserved and known as “home and visiting directors’ seats” up to a maximum of 24 seats.

The disabled facilities must also be separated. The visiting club have the right to claim 15 per cent of those seats as well.

Visiting clubs will not always be guaranteed 15 per cent of the seats throughout the stadium, though.

The Safety Advisory Group (SAG) must also agree to the away allocation that has been proposed. The SAG is made up of representatives of services including the police, fire, ambulance and building authority.

For fixtures that pose risks to health and safety, they can choose to decrease allocations for visiting clubs

TAKEN FROM : https://theathletic.com/4071358/2023/01/09/fa-cup-away-end-allocations-calculated/

33 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That's not correct, see above

You would be correct in we would take a hit if physical tickets were printed and then returned

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

That will because City decided to charge £10 for season ticket holders to attend while Forest have decided on £17, it’s as simple as that.

The first taste of if we ever get to the prem - premiership greed that’s why there charging £17 

if you read in one of the threads a forest fan says how much he enjoyed the gate / atmosphere etc etc then went on to say it’s ok when you get to the prem but it comes a huge cost and he doesn’t just mean money , limited away tickets , kick off times , plastic fans and an almighty bias to the big 6 teams , funny I was chatting to some brum fans a fair few years ago after they had been to the prem they said exactly the same thing - much preferred the championship 

double edged sword and all that 🙈🤷

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I can't believe some on here think it won't sell out, @scrumpy88 even suggesting as few as 1,500.

It's the 4th round of the FA Cup with the prospect of Man Utd in the next round. I'd be surprised if it even made general sale. 

I’m in scrumpy’s camp , 1800k I reckon , saying that though our support this season has been very decent , would happy to eat a large slice of humble pie 🍰🍴😬

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scrumpy88 said:

Pretty sure that we won’t take anymore than 1500/1800 anyway 

Not so sure..lot of interest in it as far as I can gather...spoke to quite a few today that are planning on going, some that don't go away very often...its the prize of the opponents in the 5th round that's creating the interest. If we had drawn Luton, Plymouth, Leeds etc we probably would have struggled to sell out.

33 minutes ago, redkev said:

I’m in scrumpy’s camp , 1800k I reckon , saying that though our support this season has been very decent , would happy to eat a large slice of humble pie 🍰🍴😬

It's a bit unpredictable for sure. It's certainly a winnable game, but we've played them in recent years and they aren't an attractive Premier League side.

I personally cannot go, even without extra time and traffic I don't see I would be getting home before 1am. I got to be at work at 6am, no chance of getting time off or swopping shifts as the rotas have been published and so set in stone as such. I can't be the only one working the next day in a job where there is no hiding or easy days?

1 hour ago, redkev said:

The first taste of if we ever get to the prem - premiership greed that’s why there charging £17 

if you read in one of the threads a forest fan says how much he enjoyed the gate / atmosphere etc etc then went on to say it’s ok when you get to the prem but it comes a huge cost and he doesn’t just mean money , limited away tickets , kick off times , plastic fans and an almighty bias to the big 6 teams , funny I was chatting to some brum fans a fair few years ago after they had been to the prem they said exactly the same thing - much preferred the championship 

double edged sword and all that 🙈🤷

Completely agree with you Kev. The idea of reaching The Prem is great, but the reality is often how you have described it.

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

I can't believe some on here think it won't sell out, @scrumpy88 even suggesting as few as 1,500.

It's the 4th round of the FA Cup with the prospect of Man Utd in the next round. I'd be surprised if it even made general sale. 

I’ll be amazed if it even makes members sale, I’m not expecting to be able to get a ticket.

I assume the bit about selling tickets re allocation is true though as Liverpool got 4000 2 years ago so it’s not a logistical issue in the ground (albeit they had to move st holders to accommodate them)

On 28/01/2024 at 16:07, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, with two games left to play, the replays are:

Forest v City

Southampton v Watford

Plymouth v Leeds

Villa v Chelsea

Coventry v Wednesday

Half a chance of ours being on TV? Villa v Chelsea & Plymouth v Leeds will be on I`m sure but provided there`s a winner in Newport v Man Utd & Blackburn v Wrexham I reckon there`s a chance.

With only us and Villa v Chelsea on the Wednesday (the other ties being played on the Tuesday), I assume we won't be on TV?

On 27/01/2024 at 14:59, bcfc01 said:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-afcon-squads-named-9003494

Nigeria v Cameroon tonight

Senegal v Ivory Coast Monday 

Senegal should beat Ivory Coast so Willy Boly, Serge Aurier and Ibrahim Sangare should be back for the replay.

Every little helps, as Ivory Coast went through tonight to the next round. Got t9 hang around for a bit longer.

On 27/01/2024 at 17:56, cidercity1987 said:

£50 travel

£20 food

£15 drinks

8 hours out of your day

I never understand why £10 ticket price difference is the factor in taking 3,000 or 1,000

£50 travel. no it’s not

£35 on food and drink. Don’t you eat or drink when you don’t go to a away game?

8 hours out of your day. It’s called leisure time, you charge yourself for that? 

• Like 1