IGNORED

Magnanimous Ian Gay!!

JP Hampton

What sums up Ian Gay and his ego is perfectly demonstrated as Dave does his usual

‘30 seconds’ summary of the game’

.... ‘Ian.....

Nearly 4 minutes later we still have the Football Messiahs analysis and explanations in full flow whilst everyone has to sit around 

He thinks it’s HIS Podcast

When he’s not speaking it’s also noticeable he’s not got the courtesy to listen to the other pod members as he’s too busy reading and typing comments or on X 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I'm sure they'll take on board what they say seriously. 🙈😆 It imo is why you hear from professionals that fans haven't got a clue what they are talking about. 

You'd be surprised how many do. 

I'm probably in a group of people that couldn't give a monkeys about it...but I've dared to mention it. 

If you read my post...I said about doing other interests, not just football 👍

God forbid you reading that 🙈😆

Good for you mate, if you don’t give a monkeys then it shouldn’t impact your life in any way then 👍🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

You miss my point...by being public it is accessible for managers, club officials players to hear. It's not a private conversation with mates. 

The thought of players, managers and the like listening to it and seeing who it is so publicly makes me feel sorry for them. 

Just my view...others see it differently. 👍

why would they want to listen to it? There's hundreds of fan's YT channels, Twitter accounts etc for every club in the country, do you think the professionals will bother to engage?

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@ashton_fan

The stagnating bit is subjective and perhaps a bit negative slanted by me, but the win ratio, PPG, some underlying numbers, win ratio all the same.

The highs can seem higher under Manning so far, but the lows..well it can be like going back 2 years when we were still very much in firefighting mode. IMO anyway.

My exasperation was not to do with your figures, it's that yet another thread (which was meant to be about a podcast) has evolved into yet another Pearson v Manning yawnfest, I wish people could wake up, smell the coffee and move on!

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

why would they want to listen to it? There's hundreds of fan's YT channels, Twitter accounts etc for every club in the country, do you think the professionals will bother to engage?

Because they do...ermmmm BT on twitter and if suspicions are true, bit if a loose cannon. 

Edited by spudski

8 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

My exasperation was not to do with your figures, it's that yet another thread (which was meant to be about a podcast) has evolved into yet another Pearson v Manning yawnfest, I wish people could wake up, smell the coffee and move on!

Suppose a greater baseline of performance would help.

It is kinda relevant though as Ian seems to give for whatever reason, Manning a fair bit more leeway than he did in respect of NP.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

yes, he's feeding IG allegedly, but who cares what he thinks?

So what's the point of listening?

And if it's true, obviously BT thinks feeding such an opinionated person is worthwhile, as people obviously listen and take on board what he thinks.

It's all a bit mindless all this itk stuff. 

What difference does it make to anyone's life, to know say 24 hours before it's announced what player is signed. Why's it so important to know before? Endless rumours etc. 

The players, agents, media, club officials all use platforms to get points across. 

So it's not necessarily throw away comments. 

Look at the traction this thread has...it obviously makes a noise so to speak. 

Bless em...let em crack on playing football manager, and if people want to waste their time listening to it and making them infamous in their own kitchen...great for them. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Suppose a greater baseline of performance would help.

It is kinda relevant though as Ian seems to give for whatever reason, Manning a fair bit more leeway than he did in respect of NP.

It's a podcast, why does he have to be fair? He's just expressing his opinions, if you don't agree you don't have to listen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

It's a podcast, why does he have to be fair? He's just expressing his opinions, if you don't agree you don't have to listen.

His right of course and tbh I dip in and out regardless but his double standards do amuse me.

Albeit if he is being fed by Tinnion, directly or otherwise that would put a different slant on it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

52 minutes ago, spudski said:

So what's the point of listening?

And if it's true, obviously BT thinks feeding such an opinionated person is worthwhile, as people obviously listen and take on board what he thinks.

It's all a bit mindless all this itk stuff. 

What difference does it make to anyone's life, to know say 24 hours before it's announced what player is signed. Why's it so important to know before? Endless rumours etc. 

The players, agents, media, club officials all use platforms to get points across. 

So it's not necessarily throw away comments. 

Look at the traction this thread has...it obviously makes a noise so to speak. 

Bless em...let em crack on playing football manager, and if people want to waste their time listening to it and making them infamous in their own kitchen...great for them. 

I meant Tins. I don't understand what you're talking about, I think there's cross wires somewhere.

I don't listen to the pod for club info, I listen for the match discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Of course they read the forum but not all laugh at what they see especially if the comments aimed at them are negative - I  know this as 100% fact. Some are particularly upset by negative remarks.

Thats largely why I rarely criticise any player.

Manning claims that he doesn’t read social media - I don’t t believe that for a second. Of course he reads it! 

And I know for a fact that many players have a laugh about it. If I was a pro I would certainly stay off on a Saturday evening, that’s for sure.

On 18/02/2024 at 10:45, JP Hampton said:

As always a good podcast. Echoing much of what fans have been saying on here, but what amazes me is how Ian is now able to be so reasonable about LM failings, having never been so with NP. It smacks of being so hypocritical having a go at fans who are moaning about yesterday. 
 He cuts LM so much slack. He mentions allowing him preparation time, the calibre of the players he’s got and “looking in his rear view mirror” about yesterdays game, in other words putting it behind us (which is fair enough but let’s have that across the board).
  He actually said that he was fed up with fans, who were exalting LM after the wins against Boro’ and S’Hampton and are now saying after yesterday’s game makes him the worst manager.  Said he can’t do tricks etc. Never heard him being so supportive of NP or allowing any of the very real challenges that NP faced as an excuse for not doing better.

This change of face seems to have come about since his ITK status, maybe coincidence?

Makes me laugh 😂

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Well to be fair it was about how what is now the most listened to “independent” podcast about city has a regular caster who has adopted two different stances on two managers. I guess it’s not really surprising if people give opinions about both gentlemen one way or another. 

However there seems to be a view that highly placed individuals within the club are passing information to members of the podcast. 

It all seems a bit cloak n dagger really whether it’s true or not but I’m looking forward to the next episode. 

• Like 1

Does Ian Gay really like Liam too much to criticise him?

Forget the season NP took over as he was really dealing with the aftermath at that time. So...

Lets look from the start of his 1st full season 21/22, after 17 games, we had 19 points, which came from 5 Wins, 4 Draws, 8 Lost. 

Move forward, Liam after his 17 games in charge (upto Southampton), attained 23 points, 6 Wins, 5 Draws, 6 Lost. That's just 4 points difference. It's an improvement but not a huge swing is it? The previous manager was being talked about being sacked. 

Listen TO THIS from 25 mins of the FBC podcast broadcasted on 3rd November 2021. Ian and the entire team are pretty much debating the sacking of NP and Ian questioned the contract given to him.

https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-nuqey-1cfdc1c3

Good listen...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Does Ian Gay really like Liam too much to criticise him?

Forget the season NP took over as he was really dealing with the aftermath at that time. So...

Lets look from the start of his 1st full season 21/22, after 17 games, we had 19 points, which came from 5 Wins, 4 Draws, 8 Lost. 

Move forward, Liam after his 17 games in charge (upto Southampton), attained 23 points, 6 Wins, 5 Draws, 6 Lost. That's just 4 points difference. It's an improvement but not a huge swing is it? The previous manager was being talked about being sacked. 

Listen TO THIS from 25 mins of the FBC podcast broadcasted on 3rd November 2021. Ian and the entire team are pretty much debating the sacking of NP and Ian questioned the contract given to him.

https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-nuqey-1cfdc1c3

Good listen...

I’ll listen to that later!

• Robin 1

35 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I’ll listen to that later!

Its worth listening to parts of the following podcast (7th November 2021) after the 3-2 away defeat to Coventry (from 24 minutes). Les and Ian say sack Pearson and Fleming in that episode, but Ian also mentions we had 8 players out injured🤣, on top of us trying to ship out expensive earners and trimming the squad...

The funniest comment is play Cundy. That worked out didn't it...:laugh:.

https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-5qvgi-1cfdc1c2

In summary, we all want Liam Manning to be successful but he is NO GOD Mr Gay (yet🤞).

Edited by Tomo

3 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Well perhaps you should have a word with Gay, apparently he does it every game.

Or, maybe just don't listen to the ******* idiot in the first place....

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

This is really kettle...calling... I dont know who Gray is and like most other City fans dont listen to podcasts by individual people. I talk/message City opinions amongst a set of people i've known are good, die-hard City fans for many a decade. Only recently joined OTIB

BUT for some people to criticize an individual for expressing an opinion when about a dozen people on OTIB post so regularly they must mistakenly think that others want to constantly hear their opinions, is quite weird.

Also, people banging on about "Nige this Nige that" have totally missed the plot. Our club didnt rate him in '22 nor '23, most fans didnt like his football nor his results over 30 months and are mostly pleased we have moved on to someone different. And, as for a tiny minority of City fans who seem to think they are ITK and cool by knocking one of the Club's all time legends,Tinman, they should ask themselves what they have done make true fans happy? 

i love the variety of opinions on here but knocking fellow social media fans like you are better than them is really childish. Hopefully content stays grown up

No issue with others nor myself being 'knocked' if and when blatantly being contradictory or non-objective, if the content of others doesn't keep views of other in check then what's the point of forum debate.

Could make the counter point of contradicting yourself in that one post.

You knock some on here as if we consider ourselves better than Ian (we don't, just differing views), then do the same yourself calling a portion of the same posters childish.

Literally pot kettle. Ironically.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

This discussion seems rather nonsensical. Isn’t it ironic that we’re criticising someone for expressing their opinion on a forum specifically designed for discussing opinions? Unlike Ian, who is open about his views, @W-S-M Seagull was invited on the pod to discuss his, but he has declined an invitation. That speaks volumes. Maybe the username W-S-M Chicken would be more appropriate? 

@headhunter mentioned that anyone could participate in the conversation, so why not step up if you’re fed-up of Ians view? Unfortunately, it seems unlikely anyone will.

While Ian is undeniably opinionated, aren’t we all? The real issue lies in hiding behind anonymous usernames while sharing our perspectives. At least Ian doesn’t do that. 

I won't speak for WSM.

But HH invited me on a while back and the timing due to my work schedule was completely unfeasible. Otherwise I would've absolutely loved shutting down some of Ian's made up references and anecdotes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I won't speak for WSM.

But HH invited me on a while back and the timing due to my work schedule was completely unfeasible. Otherwise I would've absolutely loved shutting down some of Ian's made up references and anecdotes.

It’s why I can only make it on sporadically, and in fairness to HH he’s got a big squad now, I’m like Andy King now!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I won't speak for WSM.

No personal attack should be aimed at Ian but there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with his views. That's why we love football so much. Game of opinions 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s why I can only make it on sporadically, and in fairness to HH he’s got a big squad now, I’m like Andy King now!

On the Subs Bench mate😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I won't speak for WSM.

You're welcome any time - just DM me.

@Davefevs - more Matty James than Andy King. Should always start when fit!

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Of course they read the forum but not all laugh at what they see especially if the comments aimed at them are negative - I  know this as 100% fact. Some are particularly upset by negative remarks.

Thats largely why I rarely criticise any player.

Manning claims that he doesn’t read social media - I don’t t believe that for a second. Of course he reads it! 

How could you possibly know that members of Bristol City staff read the forum and are upset by negative remarks…..?

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, soultrader said:

image.jpeg.592d7cb5ff99c0bcfcbde1cc0b476176.jpeg

What a film, absolutely brilliant.

Frank Sinatra wasn’t only the “voice of the century” boy could he act, too.

Angela Lansbury is also incredible in this.

Perhaps I should adopt a pseudonym on here, Barry Norman?

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It would be good to get @Davefevs and @TomSutton on together sometime.

Ian's less 'controversial' when Fevs is on as well. Double win.

In all fairness, Ian provides very good content 70% of the time but he doesn't like being told he's wrong or being biased. Unfortunately he is the only contributor on the pod who thinks 'he is always right' and he simply isn't always right. However, he's good for FBC but needs to turn it in on occasions. He let's himself down by being rude. A debate is a debate but he can overstep the mark. Dave has asked me to go on over the years but I wouldn't hold back so I just continue suggesting topics and ideas via the text stream. 

Keep up the good work @headhunter

• Like 2