IGNORED

Back him, or Sack him

Sack him, or Back him.   

499 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

I think the "top six" idea is over three years. NP didn't manage it and they doubted he would achieve it if he was given three more. They took a punt on LM but did not promise top six after a few months.

Not sure about top 6 but they said top end and this seasin.

Why is history being reinvented on this thread?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bob Turnip said:

Sorry for late reply, but how do you know this was the remit? Were you in the room with them when he was told this during the recruitment process? Just because JL and BT fed us fans a load of tripe, doesn't mean they said the same to LM.

I’ve no idea what was said at interview but I sure as hell wouldn’t take a job where my boss was telling me one message and telling my customers a very different one that didn’t tie up and ran the risk of throwing me under the bus. 

BT/JL clearly stated to us customers that this was a top-end championship squad and things should be better NOW.  If Manning didn’t agree with this, he should not have taken the job. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 4

55 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

As I’ve alluded to elsewhere BT is actually the man in the spotlight , that’s his job , to execute professionally , well , fairly and if need be ruthlessly

He’s the one around LM , staff, players , everyday , watching sessions , listening at minimum , to pre match preps and briefs , gauging the response from and mood of players etc etc

Over to you Brian

sherlock GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

It’s not been great, but I find it slightly insane if there are people who genuinely do want him sacked right now. 

209 people Pete, that’s a lot of insane people then! 

I’m not saying I agree BTW, but I do understand why people feel that way. 

Lose against Cardiff and it will only get worse for sure. 

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I guess his hands are tied, as we speculated upon his appointment. JL and BT have to go. 

I don't see the point of giving him the summer either…

Nail on head!

What are the chances of success if we chuck a load of money at bringing in the players LM needs for his chosen style?  It would cost £millions and what was the point of bringing in someone in who couldn’t work with our current squad and need yet another rebuild?

The reality would more likely be, we try to do it on the cheap in the summer and find ourselves heading for League 1, or spending the £millions and it still not working, our finances take a massive hit and maybe still go down.

The best managers are the pragmatic ones, who with tactical ability and man management skills, get the best out of what they’re working with.  Whilst we’ve had a handful of good performances when playing counter-attack, we’ve failed dismally whilst playing LM’s preferred style and I seriously question if he has the skills to make it work at this level, regardless of the playing personnel available.

Manning appears to be a totally unsuitable replacement for Pearson and for that, the blame lies squarely with the Lansdowns and BT.  

If LM does go because he’s not up to the job, the same should also apply to JL and BT, as they are equally unsuitable.  It needs to be done soon imho, before those two idiots undo all the great work on cost cutting and steadying the ship, done by Pearson and Gould.

If SL doesn’t think we have a problem, he either doesn’t care any more, or really IS clueless!

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Not sure about top 6 but they said top end and this seasin.

Why is history being reinvented on this thread?

They went one better…they said promotion this season, not just top 6.  Of course that was a ridiculous statement.  Possible to achieve?  Yes, but we were talking downhill, wind behind, clutch in.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They went one better…they said promotion this season, not just top 6.  Of course that was a ridiculous statement.  Possible to achieve?  Yes, but we were talking downhill, wind behind, clutch in.

They promised promotion this season? 

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I see a lot of argument about what BT/JL stated when firing NP and employing LM. 

What clips and press cuttings are out there? 

Plenty been posted many times:

“We all wanted Nigel to achieve our ambition to be promoted but, with our recent results, feel that now is the time to make a change to give the club the best possible chance of success.” - JL

‘We want to get promoted this year' - Bristol City board on decision to sack Nigel Pearson - from Gavin Marshall

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/interviews/jon-lansdown-talks-about-coaching-change/ 

Takes JL 30 seconds to mention premier league and best squad we’ve had here in my time - to name a few quick quotes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mendip City said:

I’ve no idea what was said at interview but I sure as hell wouldn’t take a job where my boss was telling me one message and telling my customers a very different one that didn’t tie up and ran the risk of throwing me under the bus. 

BT/JL clearly stated to us customers that this was a top-end championship squad and things should be better NOW.  If Manning didn’t agree with this, he should not have taken the job. 

That's fair. Good reply 👍

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

“We all wanted Nigel to achieve our ambition to be promoted but, with our recent results, feel that now is the time to make a change to give the club the best possible chance of success.” - JL

‘We want to get promoted this year' - Bristol City board on decision to sack Nigel Pearson - from Gavin Marshall

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/interviews/jon-lansdown-talks-about-coaching-change/ 

Takes JL 30 seconds to mention premier league and best squad we’ve had here in my time - to name a few quick quotes.

Ok. So can we all agree that comments came out of the club hierarchy that we want to get promotion this season. Even if they didn’t come directly from JL and BT. Or am I wrong there? 

Also when Pearson was sacked we had our umpteenth injury crisis and had to play a 19year old center back at Cardiff. Or am I wrong there?

The change was obviously sold to supporters as wanting to give the best possible chance of success. I’m not sure what defines success but most would believe JL was talking about a play off push  

Obviously you were the one that kindly answered my question many thanks  

For me, I have read so much revisionism about what happened and what was said it’s good to have a point of reference!  

13 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Ok. So can we all agree that comments came out of the club hierarchy that we want to get promotion this season. Even if they didn’t come directly from JL and BT. Or am I wrong there? 

Also when Pearson was sacked we had our umpteenth injury crisis and had to play a 19year old center back at Cardiff. Or am I wrong there?

The change was obviously sold to supporters as wanting to give the best possible chance of success. I’m not sure what defines success but most would believe JL was talking about a play off push  

Obviously you were the one that kindly answered my question many thanks  

For me, I have read so much revisionism about what happened and what was said it’s good to have a point of reference!  

Exactly.

Whether by accident or design, the clubs stated expectations for THIS season are being airbrushed out of what went down, or simply passed off as

" you didnt believe that crap did you ? "

Absolutely insane, and all the confused emojis in the world won't gloss over this shitshow, of which Manning is a willing participant.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Natchfever said:

Exactly.

Whether by accident or design, the clubs stated expectations for THIS season are being airbrushed out of what went down, or simply passed off as

" you didnt believe that crap did you ? "

Absolutely insane, and all the confused emojis in the world won't gloss over this shitshow, of which Manning is a willing participant.

The way I see it Natch. 

I even had a bloke saying the other day that LJ was joking about Europa League in five years and I was taking the comment out of context. 😆 

Im not sure what sets off the revisionism brigade (bots) but it’s got really bad since Mr Manning was brought in to give us the best possible chance!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

I think the "top six" idea is over three years. NP didn't manage it and they doubted he would achieve it if he was given three more. They took a punt on LM but did not promise top six after a few months.

Over three years ???  JL stated in an interview we have a top six squad now 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The way I see it Natch. 

I even had a bloke saying the other day that LJ was joking about Europa League in five years and I was taking the comment out of context. 😆 

Im not sure what sets off the revisionism brigade (bots) but it’s got really bad since Mr Manning was brought in to give us the best possible chance!

I cant put everyone on ignore though mate so more to come no doubt 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The way I see it Natch. 

Certainly don't think they are all BOTs but some of the reasoning, revisionism and mental gymnastics of some, well a wonder to behold.

Painful and bizarre too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 hours ago, One Team said:

209 people Pete, that’s a lot of insane people then! 

I’m not saying I agree BTW, but I do understand why people feel that way. 

Lose against Cardiff and it will only get worse for sure. 

The 209 people want the wrong man sacked...................given an experienced head above him I'm sure Manning could be guided into doing a very good job. He's a bit inexperienced, certainly wet behind the ears at this level (which is cut throat) and a bit of guidance from someone who has been there and done it would probably do wonders for him as long as he's not the ego-driven type that wouldn't listen.

We don't have the experience and know how of "going through the experience and coming out the other side" in our hierarchy though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedZepperin said:

They promised promotion this season? 

No, nobody can promise promotion.

Ive just gone back through the interviews with the transcript on.  The Joe Sims with JL, the Russ Arnott ITV with GM and the club with JL.

To clarify:

GM - to Russ Arnott’s Q re “is the aim still to get promoted this season” - yes, 100%, it’s the aim for this season

JL (Sims) - various waffling stuff from Sims but when talking loosely about promotion / Premier League - “yes, we want to be at the top”, other mentions of “top-end”.

But I do accept Jon didn’t specifically say “promotion this season”.  So happily retract my previous assertions he did (hence watching / listening with transcript on).  You could argue Sims led that, and by implication it’s what he meant…but as he didn’t, I’ll retract.

JL (Club) - used “top-end”, and in response to his good the squad was added  “if we didn’t believe in it, why make the change”

+++++

So CEO Marshall was the only one who categorically said PROMOTION was the aim THIS SEASON.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Slight of hand, collusion or Manning not paying due diligence -

We'll never know.

If it's the latter I'll bet he's mulling things over now 😆

3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I think you ended JL’s statement slightly too early. I think he said “The best chance of success this season, otherwise what would have been the point of making the change now?”……or something near as damnit to that anyway!

I can’t be bothered to listen to the drivel again to be honest. It sounds worse every time I hear it. 

What he should have said was “Nige told us we had no idea how to run this football club and we didn’t like it so me and Brian got together and decided to sack him”. That’s the ******* truth!

Don’t take us for fools Johnny lad!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1