IGNORED

Back him, or Sack him

Sack him, or Back him.   

499 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Back him so I won't struggle with insomnia anymore, the games and his interviews make me drowsier quicker than counting sheep.

They'll back him in the summer because they gotta back their boy. I hope it all clicks but it's Bristol City - the inevitable fumbling the ball and bringing someone proven in to fix the mess the hierarchy make. 

53 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He saved us from relegation, ffp punishment and financial doom. 

Is he the mesiah? No but you're underestimating the job he did and you're judging his time here on league position when we all know the expectations were different. 

Wasting your breath mate

He simply doesn’t get it , and not the only one 

Incredible 

Football Manager was never that difficult 

• Flames 2

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Wasting your breath mate

He simply doesn’t get it , and not the only one 

Incredible 

Football Manager was never that difficult 

Oh they get it mate. 

It's so obvious what they are doing. Down playing the job Pearson did in order to try and take the pressure off of Manning. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm going to say not sack for now..but I dunno if I can fully buy-in on back either.

As I think the issues lie higher. In particular the structure of Tinnion, Jon Lansdown and Marshall and anyone else I may have forgotten about, Steve seems to have taken a backseat?

Even with a front seat, Steve is taking us nowhere 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Oh they get it mate. 

It's so obvious what they are doing. Down playing the job Pearson did in order to try and take the pressure off of Manning. 

The fact they never had a scooby of an understanding what NP was actually doing and achieving way before there was any hint of his backstabbing , or the name Liam Manning was on this forum , shows that they embarrassingly never looked , thought or understood 

The fan that looks at League Tables or ppg with absolutely zero concept

Im not sure if it’s more hilarious or more embarrassing

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Does anyone really want to watch any more of this for another season? 

We should just do a Sunderland and hold our hands up and say we ****** up, there's a crumb of dignity in that.

If we double down on this to try and save face by giving manning a load of coin ... well that movie won't end well. 

Manning didn't deserve this job. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

We will stay up by the skin of our collective teeth this season.

If we want to even survive next season (let alone top six!) Then the only option will be to get him out the door.

Up to today I had feelings of sympathy with the bloke but those feelings are rapidly eroding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Back him (on the basis that the Lansdown's simply won't fire him), fire Sid immediately LIKE TOMORROW MORNING. Get a QUALIFIED Technical Director in that can help Manning.

Tecknical*

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, City1970 said:

Even with a front seat, Steve is taking us nowhere 

Perhaps, perhaps not but I see the dynamic duo as worse.

Can you regress or go backwards in a dynamic fashion? If so the name fits..unfortunately.

Not so much as an endorsement of SL, more that they're worse.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

I’d say sack him but more to cut our losses and as damage control. I don’t see the point in investing more time and players in him. 
I don’t point the blame towards him directly but obviously towards JL and BT. Keeping him could make it more painful for him when the situation isn’t totally his fault.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

He has 

When you make comments like this it helps us if you explain why you think this, what you see as having improved.  That is your prerogative to see things your way…and although we might disagree, it is only our opinion also in response.

FWIW I think he’s improved some aspects (the press / block) but he’s regressed on other things (our true build-up creativity).

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When you make comments like this it helps us if you explain why you think this, what you see as having improved.  That is your prerogative to see things your way…and although we might disagree, it is only our opinion also in response.

FWIW I think he’s improved some aspects (the press / block) but he’s regressed on other things (our true build-up creativity).

Against Southampton, the timing...When to sit, when to press, triggers perhaps that was perfect and an excellent platform.

Seems more variable thereafter though, Watford away was great, Cup games were great but Southampton seemed a bit of a gold standard in that respect IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Even if they did sack him(they won’t) you just know we’d end up with a similar type of head coach who the hierarchy could manipulate! 

If they sacked him tomorrow morning, Lee Johnson would be back here by Tuesday tea time, you can bet your life on it.

• Like 1

Have to back him for now.

There is no way JL and BT will want to lose face and admit they were wrong. 

We’re out of contention for the playoffs so we need to start seeing some positive performances, if not results. If we don’t get that then the board need to have a serious think about next season. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

criticising Manning for the results Pearson probably would’ve got in the last two. That’s fickle

Sorry mate but what sort of sorcery is this? 

How can you say that Pearson would have got the same results in the last two? 

My general recollection from this season and last season is that we tended to do ok against teams like Wednesday and QPR and it was infact the teams above us we struggled against. 

I'm not gonna sit here and say we'd have got 6 points from the last two but that's because I don't have a crystal ball and neither do you. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The regression will be if he's still here in 15 months from now 😆

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Didn’t vote, but imagine laurel and Hardy trying to explain the sacking. Probably send the tea boy out to do the explaining.

Probably make more sense in fairness 

You know what, if they sacked him and came out and said they got it wrong and that they took full accountability for it (like the Sunderland owner did) then that would go a long way. 

Just digging in trying to save face whilst the damage gets worse does them no good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You know what, if they sacked him and came out and said they got it wrong and that they took full accountability for it (like the Sunderland owner did) then that would go a long way. 

Just digging in trying to save face whilst the damage gets worse does them no good. 

Thing is WSM, they never learn from their mistakes, I’m fed up with it and them. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

you know it and i know it, digging in is what will happen, so long as manning sucks tinnion and tinnion sucks jon,,alls rosey at HQ.

fwiw,i think some recent performances may be down to players wanting away or something. why bother trying to sell yourself to anyone watching us against s weds or qpr,  tear saints a new one or match forest,you will get noticed. 

if they have any ambition,they will know prem football isnt coming their way anytime soon if they stay here now whereas 5 months ago,there was every chance of success on the horizon

• Flames 1

24 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They're desperately hoping he wins a couple in the same way they desperately hoped Pearson would lose a couple. Clueless.

Edited by Sir Geoff
Mis spelling
  • Like 7
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

They're desperately hoping he wins a couple in the same way they desperately hope Pearson would lose a couple. Clueless.

The one thing that seems to be appearing is the streaks. It was the same with LJ. Lose a few, win a few and that kept him in a job until a point came where we just couldn't stop losing and it was one streak too many.