IGNORED

Back him, or Sack him

Sack him, or Back him.   

499 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm going to say not sack for now..but I dunno if I can fully buy-in on back either.

As I think the issues lie higher. In particular the structure of Tinnion, Jon Lansdown and Marshall and anyone else I may have forgotten about, Steve seems to have taken a backseat?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 17

I’m saying back just because I don’t want us to be one of those basket case clubs that have gone through 3 managers this season.

What’s the point in changing now anyway, may as well give him the time now and see what he can do.

Who else would come in?

• Like 3

Just now, GrahamC said:

Can we have a vote on Tinnion instead?

No point having one on the chairman or owner, they’re only going if someone stumps up the cash.

Spot on, no point ditching the manager if the successor is chosen by the same people, SL is going nowhere, that just leaves BT. Did well in his previous role, but is out of his depth now imo

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can we have a vote on Tinnion instead?

No point having one on the chairman or owner, they’re only going if someone stumps up the cash.

That would be nice! 

I kinda knew the poll was coming and I'm not disappointed its here. Manning needs a win soon. A defeat against Cardiff will turn right nasty against him Tinnion and Junior

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

When we talk about SL selling up one day - we often say "be careful what you wish for".

Not sure what I think about that, but as for the manager, well if he were to be sacked, who will be appointing his successor? Does that fill you with hope?

All I'll say is that a certain former manager is currently out of work (for the second time this season)

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Back him at this point.

Quite suprised at that Dave. I’d probably say the same but I was under the impression you weren’t convinced by his tactical nouse, or improvement upon the things he was signed to do.

Any reasons why? Or just least bad option situation?  

I went back him.

Only because I don't see a viable short term alternative with 12 games left to the end of the season.

We'll then have a very good sample size of games to judge his true ability. And if it all clicks by then, happy days ...

But as stated elsewhere, the real problems lies above the first team coach level, so don't expect anything to change, even if we change coach.

11 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Back him

whats the point of getting a new manager when nothing will change until the Lansdowns sell up .

Because they might fluke a puppet that is also knows what he's doing.

An extremely long shot, but it's our only hope.

But realistically you are spot on.

• Like 2

Back him, how exactly is it liam's fault? We all knew this team wasnt consistent enough, thats why we appreciated the job pearson was doing.

Its john lansdown and brian tinnion, that proclaimed this team were top 6 material!

There have definitely been some highs under manning (saints,bora,west ham and forest games.)

But the lows are tough to take, its so ovbious that we needed a striker, the defensive partnership doesn't seem to be working, how many times did we get caught out today, goals today could of easily been avoided.

Until he gets a full pre-season and is backed in the summer with the missing pieces, this style of play won't work.

Can any of you really say nigel pearson wouldnt of done a better job this season? 

Should of let him go in the summer instead of destroying our whole season.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Quite suprised at that Dave. I’d probably say the same but I was under the impression you weren’t convinced by his tactical nouse, or improvement upon the things he was signed to do.

Any reasons why? Or just least bad option situation?  

Why?  I’ve been consistent over his period of tenure.  Today was crap, last week was sub-par, the week before was great, the week before some good / some bad.

So overall he’s done nothing to warrant being sacked.  He probably slipped from C-minus to D-plus tonight.

But he’s a way off being worthy of the sack for me.

I don’t lurch on single results.

I could of course put in hypothetical scenarios to work an agenda, but I don’t see the point.

For example - if he loses the next 4 then he’s got to go

But someone will just say - but he might win next week - in response, and they’d be right.

Do, Sat here tonight, it’s LM-stay for me.

I am worried about direction of travel, but this is the Championship.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gaseater said:

If results are poor for the run in Tins and JL will get tetchy and question whether spending a load of dollar in the summer is sensible.

But that is in the territory of “if the dog (no pun!!) had stopped for a shit, it wouldn’t have won the race” though isn’t it!

• Like 1

Sack. 

We’re confusing two arguments on this thread. SL, JL, BT are deluded with no track record in successful football decision making. Ideally they’d all go in my opinion.  This club needs a re-boot. 

However the question is should Manning be sacked and, well, he took the job… the remit (however deluded) was clear… get this top-end championship squad performing like a top-end championship squad. If he thought that wasn’t achievable he shouldn’t have taken the role.

Is he achieving that clear objective today? No. Do I think he will by the end of the season - no. Does he have the maturity and experience to find a way to change his way or compromise to improve things? From what I’ve seen - no way. Are there fundamental problems at this football club and is Manning the man to stand up to the hierarchy and get them sorted? No…. He knows what happens to people who challenge the leadership here (and still took the job!). 
Is his brand of football modern? Yes. Exciting? No. Unique? No…. It’s copying flavour of the month without creativity. 

Bottom line for me, have I enjoyed watching us on his watch - no.  If we’re a run of the mill championship club… let’s at least make it enjoyable.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

These poll results are embarrassing 😂😂 most fickle fanbase in the league

Fickle? How many were 1) crying out for Pearson to be sacked? 2) wanted Manning as manager? 

Most fans have been lumbered with a situation they didn’t want.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2