IGNORED

Back him, or Sack him

Sack him, or Back him.   

499 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

These poll results are embarrassing 😂😂 most fickle fanbase in the league

About as embarrassing as your complete lack of concept , recognition or appreciation of what NP did here and how embarrassingly fickle and negative you were and are regarding him. 

Thats the utterly embarrassing part of a entitled part of our fanbase and those who actually deserve L1

• Like 11
  • Flames 5

I would not sack now , no . But I want to see a substantial impact ( not even wins ) before the end of season . Based up to date , I would dump before next season . But he can have another 12 games for his work placement  to show he has something worth progressing with . 

He has been underwhelming. Other clubs would have fired him after the last 2 games .

A strong performance against Cardiff and players following his instructions is needed. But it gives you Deja vu when you hear the plan was good but the players did not follow through . We have a few of those t shirts 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gaseater said:

If results are poor for the run in Tins and JL will get tetchy and question whether spending a load of dollar in the summer is sensible.

They won't. 

They will throw money at it to try and keep their boy in the job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

About as embarrassing as your complete lack of concept , recognition or appreciation of what NP did here and how embarrassingly fickle and negative you were and are regarding him. 

Thats the utterly embarrassing part of a entitled part of our fanbase and those who actually deserve L1

I’ve said multiple times I am appreciative of how Pearson stabilised us, but my word he isn’t the messiah as people have made out. He never got us above 14th and we’re currently 12th, if Pearson had a similar run to Manning people would be begging for a new contract

4 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Fickle? How many were 1) crying out for Pearson to be sacked? 2) wanted Manning as manager? 

Most fans have been lumbered with a situation they didn’t want.  

I was against Pearson sacking at the time but realised that’s the industry we’re in. I was delighted with Manning and still am, criticising Manning for the results Pearson probably would’ve got in the last two. That’s fickle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I was against Pearson sacking at the time but realised that’s the industry we’re in. I was delighted with Manning and still am, criticising Manning for the results Pearson probably would’ve got in the last two. That’s fickle

Brought to improve things. He hasn’t. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I’ve said multiple times I am appreciative of how Pearson stabilised us, but my word he isn’t the messiah as people have made out. He never got us above 14th and we’re currently 12th, if Pearson had a similar run to Manning people would be begging for a new contract

He saved us from relegation, ffp punishment and financial doom. 

Is he the mesiah? No but you're underestimating the job he did and you're judging his time here on league position when we all know the expectations were different. 

• Like 11

Just now, Charlie BCFC said:

Pearson would've lost the last two??

Are we sure. His assistant beat Sheffield Wednesday in his final game, which still had shades of NP and his imprint. 

1 minute ago, Charlie BCFC said:

If Nige had got the results we’ve got in the last two games, people would be questioning his  position as well. The difference being his record so far, in terms of keeping us in the championship whilst turning around the club from the shit show he inherited. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

He never got us above 14th…

We were 8th after beating Swansea so… more nonsense 🤣

• Like 8

Makes no difference he’s here until next season, guaranteed we’re looking at a shitty few weeks before they all start performing like ‘Messi’ in advance of any end of season clear out ending in us finishing in 12th, in the meantime bloody Preston go up via the Playoffs. 

Tale as old as time.., 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

I would not sack now , no . But I want to see a substantial impact ( not even wins ) before the end of season . Based up to date , I would dump before next season . But he can have another 12 games for his work placement  to show he has something worth progressing with . 

He has been underwhelming. Other clubs would have fired him after the last 2 games .

A strong performance against Cardiff and players following his instructions is needed. But it gives you Deja vu when you hear the plan was good but the players did not follow through . We have a few of those t shirts 

I think you and I are pretty aligned.  Although we’d rather results and performances were trending up, we kinda accept that they might dip whilst he puts his own stamp on things.  But at the mo’, the trend is down and the signs of a discernible style isn’t shining through either.

But I’ll keep observing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Weren't we 4 points off the play offs when Manning took over? Don't quote me on that. We are now 11.

• Like 1

Where the hell is option C crack?

I'd go with back first, then crack under pressure, then sack!

This is a vote for the order of preference for a Manzillian aint it, or am I on the wrong website? Just asking for a friend btw, he's worried about the below, can anyone offer any reassurances please?

image.thumb.png.b6639aebcd8820559dc4f0acea2d18bb.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, McNasty Filth said:

Where the hell is option C crack?

I'd go with back first, then crack under pressure, then sack!

This is a vote for the order of preference for a Manzillian aint it, or am I on the wrong website? Just asking for a friend btw, he's worried about the below, can anyone offer any reassurances please?

image.thumb.png.b6639aebcd8820559dc4f0acea2d18bb.png

Damn you beat me to it 

5 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

He has 

By which metric(s)?

Win Ratio? ❌

PPG? ❌

Points off the top 6? ❌

% of League Games in which we have (using an @ExiledAjax stat) of say 14 shots a game and 4 on Target? Doubtful. ❓

If there are metrics I've missed please enlighten, we need some.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think you and I are pretty aligned.  Although we’d rather results and performances were trending up, we kinda accept that they might dip whilst he puts his own stamp on things.  But at the mo’, the trend is down and the signs of a discernible style isn’t shining through either.

But I’ll keep observing.

It's no secret that I'm firmly in the out camp. 

For me there has just been a few too many things that I consider to be terminal. Bizarre line ups, strange subs,  poor in game management, lack of having a plan b, putting a unfit Twine on the bench and playing players tjatnare not fit to play etc etc. 

Even with his own players, a pre season and being able to put his own stamp on the team then those deficiencies in his management are still going to remain, that's my concern. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

What are you delighted about ? 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, glynriley said:

He never got us above 14th…

We were 8th after beating Swansea so… more nonsense 🤣

We went 5th when we beat Plymouth..

Obviously we don’t know how the season would have ended under Nige because an illiterate Geordie & someone who is only in their job because of his Dad sacked him.

I don’t think we should sack Manning, BTW.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Sack. 

We’re confusing two arguments on this thread. SL, JL, BT are deluded with no track record in successful football decision making. Ideally they’d all go in my opinion.  This club needs a re-boot. 

However the question is should Manning be sacked and, well, he took the job… the remit (however deluded) was clear… get this top-end championship squad performing like a top-end championship squad. If he thought that wasn’t achievable he shouldn’t have taken the role.

Is he achieving that clear objective today? No. Do I think he will by the end of the season - no. Does he have the maturity and experience to find a way to change his way or compromise to improve things? From what I’ve seen - no way. Are there fundamental problems at this football club and is Manning the man to stand up to the hierarchy and get them sorted? No…. He knows what happens to people who challenge the leadership here (and still took the job!). 
Is his brand of football modern? Yes. Exciting? No. Unique? No…. It’s copying flavour of the month without creativity. 

Bottom line for me, have I enjoyed watching us on his watch - no.  If we’re a run of the mill championship club… let’s at least make it enjoyable.  

Excellent post.

• Like 1