IGNORED

They've literally lost the fan base...

spudski

17 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think Jon's outlook is completely wrong. He goes along with the theory that it's best to say nothing. I don't agree

If you haven't anything worthwhile to say, keep your mouth closed.

Maybe this is Jon's outlook?....

15 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

This is the danger. Bore Ball will ultimately lead to people doing other things on a Saturday or not making that extra effort after work in midweek. Once that starts happening people find they aren't missing it as much as they thought they would. Then the club is in trouble. Sometimes I have commitments on a Sunday that make attending games difficult - as it happens I'm free next Sunday but if I had my other commitments I wouldn't have been bothering after that mess served up yesterday. 

I coach an U14s youth team. A lot of my players are season ticket holders, and likewise our opponents next Sunday are season ticket ticket holders also, and so a 10:30am kick off for us makes a 12:30 kick-off vs Swansea extremely difficult.

All week we've been scrabbling around trying to rearrange next weeks fixture to another day, but with the snow\rain on the weekend just gone cancelling fixtures, the likelihood of the Avon Youth League allowing us to have a free Sunday next week is probably non-existent!! Therefore we've changed our tact and we're now looking at an early kick-off of 9:30am, but that still doesn't help any fans who are upwards of U15's and kick off at 2pm.

I don't know who signs off of the kick off days and times at City, but with 12:30 kick off's on a Saturday followed by a 12:30 kick off on a Sunday the following week isn't doing anything to help the grass roots junior footballers who play on weekends. Talk about burning the bridges with all the Saturday and Sunday league footballers !!!

3 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I coach an U14s youth team. A lot of my players are season ticket holders, and likewise our opponents next Sunday are season ticket ticket holders also, and so a 10:30am kick off for us makes a 12:30 kick-off vs Swansea extremely difficult.

All week we've been scrabbling around trying to rearrange next weeks fixture to another day, but with the snow\rain on the weekend just gone cancelling fixtures, the likelihood of the Avon Youth League allowing us to have a free Sunday next week is probably non-existent!! Therefore we've changed our tact and we're now looking at an early kick-off of 9:30am, but that still doesn't help any fans who are upwards of U15's and kick off at 2pm.

I don't know who signs off of the kick off days and times at City, but with 12:30 kick off's on a Saturday followed by a 12:30 kick off on a Sunday the following week isn't doing anything to help the grass roots junior footballers who play on weekends. Talk about burning the bridges with all the Saturday and Sunday league footballers !!!

The Police/Safety Advisory Group on the last 2 cases.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

The Police/Safety Advisory Group on the last 2 cases.

The club honestly needs to be arguing back to them. Make both games a Saturday only, or Sunday only, and make it a 1:30\2pm kick off. Minimise the amount of disruption to local grass roots.

1 minute ago, beaverface said:

The club honestly needs to be arguing back to them. Make both games a Saturday only, or Sunday only, and make it a 1:30\2pm kick off. Minimise the amount of disruption to local grass roots.

Indeed. This unanswerable public bodies need reminding who they actually work for. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Tbh I forget Swansea but I remember Home Games v Cardiff have been 12.30pm in 2012-13, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2021-22, 2022-23 and 2023-24. Maybe further back..I remember one at 12pm on a Sunday in 2000.

Obviously 2013-14, 2014-15 different divisions, 2019-20 and 2020-21 due to Covid so no need.

I don't know who gets the casting vote as such, others may know more.

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Indeed. This unanswerable public bodies need reminding who they actually work for. 

They haven't published minutes into the public domain since summer 2014, it's truly scandalous really.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Yep same boat. My U12 team have a 2pm kick off on Sunday so not going to make the Swansea game. As you rightly say, AYL insist on 2pm k/o for 15s/16s so add in it being Mother’s Day, going to be a lot of empty seats next Sunday.

• Like 1

I think i've decided not to renew for 2024/25, regardless of what League we're in. 

We've been boring to watch for years, and I could get on board with it under NP as I could see he was rebuilding a squad for the future. Now this is slowly being ripped apart for 'progressivism' which to me is even more boring than what we've had even at times under Lee Johnson.

The whole day out is expensive as well, and the atmosphere terrible. The fans are bored and fed up with it. We've seen umpteen amount of clubs surpass us and make it to the top and we just flounder in the Championship going from hopeless to hopeless.

Time to start going to a local non league side for a bit to get a proper football fix.

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I think i've decided not to renew for 2024/25, regardless of what League we're in. 

We've been boring to watch for years, and I could get on board with it under NP as I could see he was rebuilding a squad for the future. Now this is slowly being ripped apart for 'progressivism' which to me is even more boring than what we've had even at times under Lee Johnson.

The whole day out is expensive as well, and the atmosphere terrible. The fans are bored and fed up with it. We've seen umpteen amount of clubs surpass us and make it to the top and we just flounder in the Championship going from hopeless to hopeless.

Time to start going to a local non league side for a bit to get a proper football fix.

A massive sea change needs to occur before I go back down. We desperately need -

1. New owners

2. An experienced Championship manager

3. A Board that are accountable

4. A CEO that is accountable 

5. A Chairman with drive and enthusiasm

Currently we have nothing of any calibre. SHAMBLES.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, phantom said:

I wonder if he's got around to the Red Arrows PowerPoint yet? 

Of course they're to blame 

They're lacklustre and look disinterested, if they don't want to put in 100% for the shirt they should foxtrot Oscar 

Yet not an issue under NP - so that shouldn't be the case. Can't agree to that Phantom, sorry.

Unless, like LJ, Manning is just an awful man-manager and losing the squad.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

A massive sea change needs to occur before I go back down. We desperately need -

1. New owners

2. An experienced Championship manager

3. A Board that are accountable

4. A CEO that is accountable 

5. A Chairman with drive and enthusiasm

Currently we have nothing of any calibre. SHAMBLES.

Fully agree but also Points 2, 4 and an amended point 5 (to trust 2 and 4 to run the show without meddling) could be implemented on their own.

• Like 1

I only saw 25 1st half minutes  non of the 2nd half , i normally stay past the end . i did have a few extra beers on board that did not make the watch any better .

i was amazed of how many people were still down in the concourse  when 2nd half started, and i stay down and so did a fair few .

• Like 1

I was booing the hapless twit, not the players. He's the problem and the reason we HAVE to get rid NOW. The players simply are not buying into his methodology. It can only go one way and that's why he has to go NOW.

Performances have dipped and we are starting to fall away with this worrying trend. There is nothing he can do to affect this slide, so in effect, as a coach he cannot inspire others and do his job.

We've seen it before with LJ towards the end of his reign throwing subs on in the hope it will turn & now we are seeing the same signs like we train the players and its up to them to express themselves. So he's already starting to blame the players. What folly it was in trying to implement a complete change of playing style mid season, that shows how inexperienced this bloke is. Manningball  is DEFINATELY NOT the quick front foot pressing game that BT advocates. He is way out of his depth.

Its gone beyond who gave him the job in the first place, Manning & Bristol City just isn't the right fit. Accept it and move on. The important thing is to stay in the Championship.

Get shot before its too late and get Andy King on a caretaker capacity until the end of the season and review it then. Overnight the fanbase & players will unite and we will all start pulling together again and get out of this mess.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

32 minutes ago, ZumerZetSmithy said:

I only saw 25 1st half minutes  non of the 2nd half , i normally stay past the end . i did have a few extra beers on board that did not make the watch any better .

i was amazed of how many people were still down in the concourse  when 2nd half started, and i stay down and so did a fair few .

Part of that will have been the weather, the rain. Part of that our direction of travel, part of that I dunno the usual queues for refreshments, toilets etc. Host of factors.

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

When listening back (last week) to all those post-sacking interviews and the Fans Forum, the number of times comms needing to improve was mentioned, especially by JL…and very little if anything has been done.

I suppose the counter argument is what comms are we expecting?

Vote of confidence? Admission that it's not going well but everyones working hard to fix it?

I don't think they could actually come out and tell us anything we don't already know - or that couldn't be twisted / misintepreted.

I agree comms is crap, but sometimes I wonder what can actually be said.

I know there were other things mentioned such as under 21s games etc. and from what I've read on here that hasn't got better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beaverface said:

Which grass roots we talking about though?

12:30 on Saturday meant I could watch most of the game before going to my game.

12:30 on Sunday does arguably screw me over, I'm playing for a mates team in Bristol sunday morning, but with a 10:45 KO I wont finish til 12:30 so can't make it - but if I was just a Saturday player I'd have been able to watch both games due to these changes.

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I suppose the counter argument is what comms are we expecting?

Vote of confidence? Admission that it's not going well but everyones working hard to fix it?

I don't think they could actually come out and tell us anything we don't already know - or that couldn't be twisted / misintepreted.

I agree comms is crap, but sometimes I wonder what can actually be said.

I know there were other things mentioned such as under 21s games etc. and from what I've read on here that hasn't got better.

Someone correct me…did they just bung the annual accounts out and bar a page on the clubs website, there was no “explainer interview” or anything was there?  And it was the day after JL - the Chairman told Senior Reds he didn’t know when they were out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Someone correct me…did they just bung the annual accounts out and bar a page on the clubs website, there was no “explainer interview” or anything was there?  And it was the day after JL - the Chairman told Senior Reds he didn’t know when they were out.

Ah yes, you're absolutely right. JL reportedly said he didn't know when the accounts were out and they were released a day or two later.

OK, a clear opportunity for better comms that was completely fumbled, or worse a lie to avoid any tricky questions in person about the accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/03/2024 at 18:06, spudski said:

....from everyone in it together, players and fans under NP, all pulling together, getting it, fighting, respect, understanding...a feeling of we are all pulling in the same direction. A feeling of togetherness. Fighting, supportive, but respectful and knowing our ability and limits. 

To this bullshit within a few months. 

Talk about not understanding football, your fanbase, and totally thinking you and the squad are better than they are. 

Delusional. 

It's a reflection of how many in Government/Politics read and understand the country and what's needed. 

In it for themselves...out of their depth and massively delusional. 

The fact a fan base can see it, call it...but our ' leaders' can't is stunning.

' Tecknically and Proffesionally ' sp 🤷😉 inept. 

Sadly the only way it effects them is when fans don't turn up.  Which is a pyrrhic victory as we end up with a worse team and club 

• Thanks 1

• Admin
9 minutes ago, fishy said:

Sadly the only way it effects them is when fans don't turn up.  Which is a pyrrhic victory as we end up with a worse team and club 

and that won't really matter as many have paid up for the season already

• Flames 1