IGNORED

They've literally lost the fan base...

spudski

13 hours ago, spudski said:

....from everyone in it together, players and fans under NP, all pulling together, getting it, fighting, respect, understanding...a feeling of we are all pulling in the same direction. A feeling of togetherness. Fighting, supportive, but respectful and knowing our ability and limits. 

To this bullshit within a few months. 

Talk about not understanding football, your fanbase, and totally thinking you and the squad are better than they are. 

Delusional. 

It's a reflection of how many in Government/Politics read and understand the country and what's needed. 

In it for themselves...out of their depth and massively delusional. 

The fact a fan base can see it, call it...but our ' leaders' can't is stunning.

' Tecknically and Proffesionally ' sp 🤷😉 inept. 

*figuratively

they have figuratively lost the support of a couple hundred angry angry men on an internet forum.

quite a few more outside it, I grant you that I am sure but there’s also quite a lot of people that are aware this is not the end of days 

• Confused 2
  • Hmmm 2
  • Facepalm 2

The only person benefitting from this whole debacle is Tinnion. Since Pearson's sacking he's been elevated to "Tecknical" Director, touted as the next CEO and had this famous goal and win against Liverpool in the FA Cup commemorated in front of the fans at Ashton Gate.  He's a complete narcissist and his dark arts have lead to this moment. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

*figuratively

they have figuratively lost the support of a couple hundred angry angry men on an internet forum.

quite a few more outside it, I grant you that I am sure but there’s also quite a lot of people that are aware this is not the end of days 

Reaction at the end makes me wonder..that was rather hostile.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

Absolutely this. There is a total lack of professionalism and nobody to challenge the half-baked proclamations emanating from the Chairman’s office. Pearson did that and was sacked for it. Brian Tinnion, who I have admired in the past and in whom I am hugely disappointed, lacks the balls to call out the nonsense and instead either cravenly agrees or keeps his head down. It’s a recipe for disaster.

It would appear that Brian is keeping a low profile this morning…

IMG_5021.thumb.jpeg.cb276a01d83ec1f9338348dcc7ddc868.jpeg

56 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Absolutely this. There is a total lack of professionalism and nobody to challenge the half-baked proclamations emanating from the Chairman’s office. Pearson did that and was sacked for it. Brian Tinnion, who I have admired in the past and in whom I am hugely disappointed, lacks the balls to call out the nonsense and instead either cravenly agrees or keeps his head down. It’s a recipe for disaster.

It’s the ineptitude of our board that’s the most desperate aspect of the club. Woefully inadequate and wholly inexperienced people JL,  Marshall, BT, Knights. It’s a joke . To entrust such unproven, incompetent people to lead any business is asking for failure .
Feels like there is nothing we can do about it, but I’d be all for loud vocal protests against the board. They need to feel the heat and the feelings of fans. Lansdown Snr has to be compelled to act somehow. It’s our club too. 
As for Manning, clearly out of his depth with the team regressing but not our biggest problem imo. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It should be, I actually couldn’t make it yesterday but heard  it was absolute crap and because of that as hostile reaction is approrpiate - things are not not going well.

People shouldn’t be happy, I’m not happy but it’s the intense anger and hate that is just plain weird. I’d get it if we were owned by the guy who owns reading and the club was being asset stripped but that’s quite obviously not the case, I believe have well intentioned owners who have shoveled 100x million of their hard earned into the club to to get **** all. I am sure that is embarrassing and the way they are acting is probably some result of that. The demonisation of tinnion and the lansdowns is actually an embarrassment to anyone who parrots it. The rule for the forum is attack the post not the poster right? Doesn’t seem that extends to the situation with our club owners.

is them selling the only answer? Could any protest or dissent be organised to encourage the changes we might like to see at the club? I don’t see why this has to be beyond reconciliation as so many say. I wish there could be slightly more nuance on this forum, look at the top topics. Each and everyone of them some level and variations of OTT anger or LOUD NOISES. Each and everyone of them not happy until the lansdowns sell, but what happens when we are 14th with the new owners, do we want them to sell again and become one of those football clubs and lose our soul in a different way to how people believe we are losing our soul now?

god knows what the answer is but this is just insane 

Edited by Fjmcity
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Floatn Over said:

One would like to think as a business, keeping customers (us) happy would be paramount as once they’re gone there’s a strong chance they won’t come back, and seeing numerous posts on this forum still going strong late into the evening after today’s performance should be alarming.

Its the arrogance of this club now that’s really getting to me (I’ve been attending since 1959)

There is an increasing trend that our views do not matter, we’re being told what to think, they (we all know which two) know best on literally everything, we’re wrong as its all going to plan (yeh right), give it time, wait until the summer window and we’ll bring in a “big number 9” and even something like the “front foot attacking football” put out as some sort of softener to disposing of Nige does not get delivered, we even bring in a coach who does not play that style !

There is lots of lively good debate on this forum but what’s clear is the fanbase cares about this club and collectively we understand more than we’re given credit for, like the current set up not being a good fit.

Do not lose the fanbase, get us back on side.

Agreed. The Lansdowns treat us all as punters - nothing else. We will always turn up to watch City, in their eyes. Treated as complete idiots. Reminds me of the Glazers at Man U. The walls are finally closing in on the Lansdowns.

There is no connection with the fans, don’t think there ever was. Don’t forget Bristol Sport is a business and Bristol City FC is an “add on” to the biz.
Just crazy what is happening to the football club. We need new owners with a connection to the fans.
Lose against Swansea and it will be toxic down AG. Perhaps  it is about time in order to get change?
Really fed up.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I must admit I was a bit surprised by just how toxic the crowd was yesterday, not just at the end but through the second half and especially once we conceded. AG isn't known for being that vocal with displeasure, it tends to be more weary resignation than anything else.

I wonder if the powers that be were taken aback too?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Please just sell up, Mr Lansdown

The majority of us, I imagine, can’t take your custodianship of City any longer

Sadly, it's not that simple, for all his faults I imagine Steve L wants to sell to someone who will care for the club, there have been so many examples of that not happening - including to our opponents, yesterday, whose owner changed their colours, FFS.

With regard to the footballing side, I made a rare foray to AG yesterday with the boy, who also came to the Watford (A) game. Now, he's not a City fan (don't ask), but after the match, he asked "Why didn't Pring play?", having seen Cam destroy Watford.

And you have to ask, where was the invention, the flair, the risk taking? All gone. It was a horrible performance, taking nothing away from Cardiff who did a solid job, and rarely looked troubled.

28 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I must admit I was a bit surprised by just how toxic the crowd was yesterday, not just at the end but through the second half and especially once we conceded. AG isn't known for being that vocal with displeasure, it tends to be more weary resignation than anything else.

I wonder if the powers that be were taken aback too?

Visceral wasn't it, at the end in particular but as you say the 2nd half and especially post goal as different.

This line from Piercy in his article.

Screenshot_20240303-093724_Chrome.jpg.eda8ec35939307a0752076870ef9c1b7.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

I think that has to be the saddest and most worrying thing. 

We ain't stoopid.

We could see the elephant in the room, we could see NP was a strong manager, got good results from a small arguably average squad, we had young bristol born players, week in week out in and around the squad. We could all see that NP wasn't the issue, his cv has weight, and we were all crying out for him to be backed in the transfer market and his contract. 

Instead of biting down and realising this, putting ego to the side for the good of the club,JL got his knickers in a twist and let his own ego get in the way.

Promoting the ultimate yes man in tinnion and sacking a manager whose face just didn't fit.

Well, they've played their cards now haven't they? The grass ain't always greener is it Jon? This is a f###£# car crash and it won't go away. Yeah you'll disappear out of the limelight for now, you'll reappear with a bcfc special over the summer or show up at a supporters qa after we spend a few quid and a win away at Mangotsfield, but fundamentally, this is a #### up that's put us back flirting with league one.

And you've driven a huge divide between the club and fans, those fans who turn up and you don't listen to or really give a #### about.

Edited by Lordofthebling
  • Like 7
  • Flames 3

Me and my son have a point on our journey to the football (just as we leave Caldicot) whereby the subject of score predictions comes up.  He said 1-0 to Cardiff.  I said I didn't care as long as City battled, played with some heart, understood what yesterday meant to us as fans. 

He was right and I didn't get anything that I was hoping for.

Gutless, soulless, spineless, hopeless.  I don't boo (although I really wanted to yesterday) but the anger rained down from the Dolman at the end of the game.  The players looked embarrassed and quite right to.

Why play so many players out of contract at the end of the season or who clearly won't sign a new one?

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I think that has to be the saddest and most worrying thing. 

We ain't stoopid.

We could see the elephant in the room, we could see NP was a strong manager, got good results from a small arguably average squad, we had young bristol born players, week in week out in and around the squad. We could all see that NP wasn't the issue, his cv has weight, and we were all crying out for him to be backed in the transfer market and his contract. 

Instead of biting down and realising this, putting ego to the side for the good of the club,JL got his knickers in a twist and let his own ego get in the way.

Promoting the ultimate yes man in tinnion and sacking a manager whose face just didn't fit.

Well, they've played their cards now haven't they? The grass ain't always greener is it Jon? This is a f###£# car crash and it won't go away. Yeah you'll disappear out of the limelight for now, you'll reappear with a bcfc special over the summer or show up at a supporters qa after we spend a few quid and a win away at Mangotsfield, but fundamentally, this is a #### up that's put us back flirting with league one.

And you've driven a huge divide between the club and fans, those fans who turn up and you don't listen to or really give a #### about.

Got good results? that's pushing it a bit, by that, I assume you are using the caveat of what he had to work with because overall the results were average at best, I'm sorry if that doesn't fit the narrative but it's the truth.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 3

4 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

Could any protest or dissent be organised to encourage the changes we might like to see at the club? I don’t see why this has to be beyond reconciliation as so many say.

I appreciate and angree with the sentiment of your post. I also believe that it is completely likely that the owners honestly think they are making the best decisions for the club even if some of those prove wrong. No one pumps £20m a year into a business and then deliberately sabotages it and holds it back.

However, so far as reconciliation goes, or so far as the chances of them listening to protest - whether public or private - consider the evidence.

1. AGMs not happening anymore.

2. Attempts to buy out the runt of the fan shareholders. 

3. Fans Parliament being ineffective and then killed off.

4. Shrinking the board to Jon and Gavin.

5. Scrapping the club CEO role and moving to a "Group CEO" in Bristol Sport.

It all shows an attitude of centralisation, and of pulling up the drawbridge. There is no interest from the owners in implementing any change at a corporate level that is suggested by fans or any other outside influence. The attitude is very much "We own it, we'll look after it for you, shut up."

They will only make changes if told to by a higher power - ie the EFL, FA, or some future regulator. They are not going to do this proactively, no matter how loud we shout.

That is shit but it's the truth.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

No one pumps £20m a year into a business and then deliberately sabotages it and holds it back.

He won’t be this season!  And he’s got that nasty bully out in doing so!

(slightly, not totally tongue in cheek)

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He won’t be this season!  And he’s got that nasty bully out in doing so!

(slightly, not totally tongue in cheek)

Have you ever met and spoken at length with Lansdown Dave? Just wondering. I have, and it was very clear to me that he can't cope with anyone questioning him in any way whatsoever. A very prickly chap, who, I sensed, could not understand while anyone would even dream of contradicting his perspective.  God forbid that you might actually prove him wrong. Maybe that belief and drive got him to the top in his world. Football has never been his world, and he still does not get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

6 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Have you ever met and spoken at length with Lansdown Dave? Just wondering. I have, and it was very clear to me that he can't cope with anyone questioning him in any way whatsoever. A very prickly chap, who, I sensed, could not understand while anyone would even dream of contradicting his perspective.  God forbid that you might actually prove him wrong. Maybe that belief and drive got him to the top in his world. Football has never been his world, and he still does not get it.

I haven’t.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I haven’t.

You're not missing much. Grateful to him as we should be, on one level, we really need a new era, and genuine, informed leadership that has the good sense to delegate to top quality people who know the business. As a side note, I wonder if we will ever get the full story re: Phil Alexander.

• Like 5

Whilst I can't imagine not wanting to miss out on a pay out, do you think Manning is the sort of person to walk?

He clearly develops no loyalty with his employers based on his previous roles so I do wonder if he might think "sod this for a lark!" given the backlash he's having. I'm not sure how it ended for him at MK but I don't get the impression, based on his post match interviews of late, he's experienced booing of the like we've seen.

If you look at it from his perspective he may well think that this isn't what he signed up for. Like when you start a new job yourself and work out early on its not going to be for you. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

You're not missing much. Grateful to him as we should be, on one level, we really need a new era, and genuine, informed leadership that has the good sense to delegate to top quality people who know the business. As a side note, I wonder if we will ever get the full story re: Phil Alexander.

SL has run his course hasn't he.

Sadly (IMO) Jon Lansdown was clueless 10 years ago when he first got involved and erm is still clueless now.

Then Tinnion and suitability for his current role..the less said the better.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

There was a clip at the end of the last 'robins uncut 089' where LM was telling the players, "I've said it to a few of you now, if you want to be a tough team you have to soak up tough times". 

WTF? Patronising shite. We used to be pretty tough.  He seems to have removed that.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

There was a clip at the end of the last 'robins uncut 089' where LM was telling the players, "I've said it to a few of you now, if you want to be a tough team you have to soak up tough times". 

WTF? Patronising shite. We used to be pretty tough.  He seems to have removed that.

The sort of bullshit that professional athletes will stop listening to almost immediately.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1