IGNORED

They've literally lost the fan base...

spudski

4 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Yep, everyone has raised expectations based on what the execs have said and we are clearly falling a long way short of.

I feel sorry for Manning, a job he wanted, a club desperate for him to do well and a level he isn't capable of.

I had some sympathy for him...now he just comes across as an arrogant ***. 

Just now, SomeRandomBristolian said:

Well said Spudski. Spot on this post.

👍

• Like 5

If ever a team is playing in the personality of its manager it’s us. We lack personality, the football is mind numbingly boring, there is no spark, everything is a process, nothing is off the cuff.

In short Manning Ball is ******* shite.

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If ever a team is playing in the personality of its manager it’s us. We lack personality, the football is mind numbingly boring, there is no spark, everything is a process, nothing is off the cuff.

In short Manning Ball is ******* shite.

Today he showed what a bullshitting mofo he is. 

In post match interviews he's said he wants the players to play to his plans and processes...and in the same breath said they weren't brave enough, didn't play with freedom or didn't express themselves. Which apparently he had told them to do...wtf...complete opposites. No wonder we are ******. Blokes a clown. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, spudski said:

In post match interviews he's said he wants the players to play to his plans and processes...and in the same breath said they weren't brave enough, didn't play with freedom or didn't express themselves. Which apparently he had told them to do...wtf...complete opposites. No wonder we are ******. Blokes a clown. 

Yep, I have been thinking that if we sack him we have the same idiots picking the next manager BUT the football is so shite it just cannot continue like this. I would literally give him the next two games to show something otherwise we just have to accept that a managerial fraud has duped everyone and bomb him out pronto with the Geordie Snake very close behind him. In fact Sid has got to go whatever happens.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Ask yourself this question. If Bristol City wasn’t an emotional attachment HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY to watch what Manning is serving up?

This is what we all do battle with each year when renewing our season tickets….

if it was down to the ‘product’ I would not have renewed for many out of the 18 years I have had a season ticket (been a fan for much longer than that).

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

It was slightly bizarre Spud because what he actually said was that it was their (coaching staff) work with the players that got them (the players) into the final third and then it is for players to show bravery and ingenuity etc at that point

So taking credit for the ability (depending on your view whether that’s accurate) to play through the thirds but distancing himself from the ability to create chances and score goals 

• Like 2

Just now, jiggers58 said:

This is what we all do battle with each year when renewing our season tickets….

if it was down to the ‘product’ I would not have renewed for many out of the 18 years I have had a season ticket (been a fan for much longer than that).

At the moment if it was free entry and they asked for a donation you would be questioning whether to put £2 in when you watch “that effort” today.

• Like 2

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Yep, I have been thinking that if we sack him we have the same idiots picking the next manager BUT the football is so shite it just cannot continue like this. I would literally give him the next two games to show something otherwise we just have to accept that a managerial fraud has duped everyone and bomb him out pronto with the Geordie Snake very close behind him. In fact Sid has got to go whatever happens.

It's beyond a worry that Crayola and Sid now make the decisions. 

Get rid of Manning and BT...we still have Crayola in charge making decisions. 

We are totally ******. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

It was slightly bizarre Spud because what he actually said was that it was their (coaching staff) work with the players that got them (the players) into the final third and then it is for players to show bravery and ingenuity etc at that point

So taking credit for the ability (depending on your view whether that’s accurate) to play through the thirds but distancing himself from the ability to create chances and score goals 

Which is bizarre in itself...the mind boggles. 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Be careful what you wish for😂😂😂😂

Catch 22....🤷🙈

• Like 1

It all boils down to one thing for me. I am utterly bored at Ashton Gate these days. The football really is total, unentertaining rubbish. I've many other, more complex feelings about the club and it's stagnation but this is my main takeaway.

If it wasn't for the great friends that I meet up with each week - and we've managed to have a good afternoon despite City's best efforts - I'd be doubtful to attend.

I had complex feelings booing Manning and the players on their walkabout at full time but I had to go through with it because the club needs to know how I feel. While you can't blame the players for being asked to play a certain way, I nevertheless, counted 3 occasions where players lost the ball and just gave up with a sigh. It's not acceptable and well might Williams apologise on behalf of the squad.

Edited by Yozzarian
  • Like 3

It's pretty clear that "they" never had the fanbase. Like Rome of old the legion's loyalty, such as it was, was to the General rather than the Senate.

Those fans who felt connected to the Club when Pearson was around felt so, from what I read and hear, because of him. 

So, they "lost" the fanbase when they switched. Manning's only chance to capture that loyalty for himself was a rampant run of wins. Which has not materialised.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, spudski said:

....from everyone in it together, players and fans under NP, all pulling together, getting it, fighting, respect, understanding...a feeling of we are all pulling in the same direction. A feeling of togetherness. Fighting, supportive, but respectful and knowing our ability and limits. 

To this bullshit within a few months. 

Talk about not understanding football, your fanbase, and totally thinking you and the squad are better than they are. 

Delusional. 

It's a reflection of how many in Government/Politics read and understand the country and what's needed. 

In it for themselves...out of their depth and massively delusional. 

The fact a fan base can see it, call it...but our ' leaders' can't is stunning.

' Tecknically and Proffesionally ' sp 🤷😉 inept. 

Brilliant post. Totally totally on the money.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

It's pretty clear that "they" never had the fanbase. Like Rome of old the legion's loyalty, such as it was, was to the General rather than the Senate.

Those fans who felt connected to the Club when Pearson was around felt so, from what I read and hear, because of him. 

So, they "lost" the fanbase when they switched. Manning's only chance to capture that loyalty for himself was a rampant run of wins. Which has not materialised.

Way , way too dramatic

For me , and I’d suggest the majority ,

merely not to break it and continue to make steady progress to a transparent and consistent plan

• Like 3

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

To be fair if we were losing a few but playing some nice football that made you think “I can see this going somewhere” most would take that. What we watch bar the odd game is awful, far more uninspiring than the pragmatic guy we fired for being uninspiring!!

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Shelton’s Love Gravy said:

Brilliant post. Totally totally on the money.

Appreciated...just reflecting what I can see most on here feel as well. Hopefully it's noticed and the media pick up on it and make them aware. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

....from everyone in it together, players and fans under NP, all pulling together, getting it, fighting, respect, understanding...a feeling of we are all pulling in the same direction. A feeling of togetherness. Fighting, supportive, but respectful and knowing our ability and limits. 

To this bullshit within a few months. 

Talk about not understanding football, your fanbase, and totally thinking you and the squad are better than they are. 

Delusional. 

It's a reflection of how many in Government/Politics read and understand the country and what's needed. 

In it for themselves...out of their depth and massively delusional. 

The fact a fan base can see it, call it...but our ' leaders' can't is stunning.

' Tecknically and Proffesionally ' sp 🤷😉 inept. 

Post of the year in March! Absolutely nailed it mate. I hope Lansdown reads it. You had it all mate, then you ****** it and lost us forever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frenchay Red said:

Just feel such a total disconnect with the club and team I have followed for over 70 years. 

It's feeling like chore to attend games at the moment while the dynasty is in charge with its principal advisor 🐍 in the background.

This is it. We've had poor sides before, poor managers, sides who don't particularly try. Relegated sides- seen 2 in my time.

This though, disconnect. Definitely disconnected, the style or idealised style, the fact that players who would run like hell now it varies, regression of certain players most alarmingly Conway.

It's barely an exhaustive list but something needs to change and fast.

• Like 1

Good Post @spudski 

I said on another thread , we have gone from Nige putting the players out there and telling them to take responsibility and make decisions, to Manning forcing ideas on them and leaving no room for expression.

I think that has a lot to do with the sterile slow , by the numbers football we are watching.

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

To be fair if we were losing a few but playing some nice football that made you think “I can see this going somewhere” most would take that. What we watch bar the odd game is awful, far more uninspiring than the pragmatic guy we fired for being uninspiring!!

Fair, I guess we accepted that under Pearson at times...or something close to it.

FWIW they didn't lose me when Pearson went or now with these results.

They lost me - so far as I can ever be lost - when they scrapped the CEO role after we had two of the best we've ever had and replaced it with a "Group CEO", Tinnion, and Rawcliffe (who is a good guy, but ultimately not going to hold Tinnion or Lansdown to account).

There's many threads on here about ownership, but that really is the root of all these issues. The club needs new ideas at that high high level. Until then everything else that changes is simply dust in the wind.

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Post of the year in March! Absolutely nailed it mate. I hope Lansdown reads it. You had it all mate, then you ****** it and lost us forever. 

Even if he read it and all the replies, I don't think he'd care. 

They are totally disingenuous and belittling of the fans imo. 

Yet...when confronted by a fans forum come across as rabbits in headlights, out of their depth, inept, and do everything to avoid or pass the buck. 

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Good Post @spudski 

I said on another thread , we have gone from Nige putting the players out there and telling them to take responsibility and make decisions, to Manning forcing ideas on them and leaving no room for expression.

I think that has a lot to do with the sterile slow , by the numbers football we are watching.

Thanks mate

• Like 3