IGNORED

They've literally lost the fan base...

spudski

17 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

It was slightly bizarre Spud because what he actually said was that it was their (coaching staff) work with the players that got them (the players) into the final third and then it is for players to show bravery and ingenuity etc at that point

So taking credit for the ability (depending on your view whether that’s accurate) to play through the thirds but distancing himself from the ability to create chances and score goals 

Which is what I’ve been saying for weeks. We create very, very little from through the thirds build-up (I don’t mean open-play, because that includes counterattacking).  And that is one of main things he was brought it to deliver.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Which is what I’ve been saying for weeks. We create very, very little from through the thirds build-up (I don’t mean open-play, because that includes counterattacking).  And that is one of main things he was brought it to deliver.

I’m not having him after the last two home games allied to a record of nine points in eleven games. He’s coaching a league above his ceiling. Managers must love having us up next, a little bit of tactical nous and it’s a piece of piss to get three points against a bloke who is wet behind the ears.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If ever a team is playing in the personality of its manager it’s us. We lack personality, the football is mind numbingly boring, there is no spark, everything is a process, nothing is off the cuff.

In short Manning Ball is ******* shite.

No personalilty, no fight, no imagination & no creativity. Just 🐶💩

Liam's just a slide ruler man with lots of over-complicated graphs & charts. Get a real manager in.

Could even bring Nigel back & and i'd be happier with an honest, losing performance!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m not having him after the last two home games allied to a record of nine points in eleven games. He’s coaching a league above his ceiling. Managers must love having us up next, a little bit of tactical nous and it’s a piece of piss to get three points against a bloke who is wet behind the ears.

He mentioned today post match how many crosses we had...as in it was a good thing. 

And that's his downfall ...he's trying to win games by scoring from crosses. 

Which stats will back, as the easiest to defend against, and the least effective way of scoring. 

Just now, spudski said:

He mentioned today post match how many crosses we had...as in it was a good thing. 

Which stats will back, as the easiest to defend against, and the least effective way of scoring. 

Forgetting the stats if we’re going to put in 45 crosses a game at least bring in forwards who attack crosses for a living…..

• Like 2

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Forgetting the stats if we’re going to put in 45 crosses a game at least bring in forwards who attack crosses for a living…..

Or play to our squads strength which isn't this. 

Square pegs in round holes again I'm afraid. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not all though, the mental gymnastics to seek to justify the current state of play ate quite interesting with some..

He's not defending manning is he? 

Pearson was not a good manager and should have been let go at the end of the season not when he was.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 8

1 minute ago, BasSavage88 said:

Pearson was not a good manager and should have been let go at the end of the season not when he was.

"Not a good manager" is quite a claim that totally disregards the utter shambles that was bequeathed to him and yet he steadily improved us while cutting the Football Cost Base and reinvesting 1/4-1/3, haven't checked fully fees to expenditure wise.

Underlying numbers improved, team had different iterations.

"Not a good manager" though??

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not all though, the mental gymnastics to seek to justify the current state of play ate quite interesting with some..

This blaming of players is cringe hardly there fault if there at a certain standard it's people at the top that need slating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spudski said:

....from everyone in it together, players and fans under NP, all pulling together, getting it, fighting, respect, understanding...a feeling of we are all pulling in the same direction. A feeling of togetherness. Fighting, supportive, but respectful and knowing our ability and limits. 

To this bullshit within a few months. 

Talk about not understanding football, your fanbase, and totally thinking you and the squad are better than they are. 

Delusional. 

It's a reflection of how many in Government/Politics read and understand the country and what's needed. 

In it for themselves...out of their depth and massively delusional. 

The fact a fan base can see it, call it...but our ' leaders' can't is stunning.

' Tecknically and Proffesionally ' sp 🤷😉 inept. 

I never expected that from you spuds but you are totally spot on. I never felt so low after this game and when pearson was sacked. Jon Lansdown and Brian Tinnion are living in dream world expecting us to play the style we are but we can never afford the players to do this style. This month they'll be calling out the begging letters to renew our seasons tickets with the expectations of a top six finish next season. But I cannot put up with these lies and type of football. I just don't know what the answers are unless tinnion and jon go. 

On the positive side of things I met 2 lovely ladies who are Juventus supporters. I still have the old Magic! 😂

1 minute ago, T R said:

I never expected that from you spuds but you are totally spot on. I never felt so low after this game and when pearson was sacked. Jon Lansdown and Brian Tinnion are living in dream world expecting us to play the style we are but we can never afford the players to do this style. This month they'll be calling out the begging letters to renew our seasons tickets with the expectations of a top six finish next season. But I cannot put up with these lies and type of football. I just don't know what the answers are unless tinnion and jon go. 

On the positive side of things I met 2 lovely ladies who are Juventus supporters. I still have the old Magic! 😂

Every cloud eh!

I once met a girl from Yate, on a flight home from Torino who was a season ticket holder at Juve. 

Wonder if one and the same...

1 hour ago, 38MC said:

Seems we are in the minority but I too think he’s walking the green mile. You never know how things play out in football, but I think 2 losses or even a loss and a draw would see him gone - unless they were strong performances. 

There are obvious reasons why you’d start questioning his position but the part for me that in my head says ‘he’s gone’ is the post match presser today and last week. He’s supposed to be an ‘on-the-grass’ coach. Well last week he trained the team perfectly and they were shite, and this week he claimed the team were coached to defend a corner of the type Cardiff scored from. 

so not only is he not living up to his front foot football, not only is he chucking players under the bus, he’s now admitting what he coaches can’t be put into practice by the squad - so you’re calling yourself out as a poor ‘on-the-grass’ coach then aren’t you? 

his last two post match and this weeks pre match he’s basically talked himself into the only conclusion that he’s just not very competent. 

Whilst I think that sort of ‘appraisal’ of his words would be beyond JL and BT’s leadership, I think SL will see it. 

Dean Holden went after 6 straight defeats and we were in 13th.

We play 3 of the top 5 on our next 4 games, the Swansea game is massive now for Manning.

2 wins in 13 and 9 points out of 33 have been masked by the 1 Cup win (when West Ham had their best 6 attacking players out Bowen, Paqqueta, Antonio, Kundas, Fornals and Alverez by the way).

Watching the interviews after the game did anybody actually feel "This is the man to get us going again and out of a potential relegation battle"? I'm sure I'm not the only one who witnessed a manager who didn't have any answers and was looking to "get back to basics yet again".

We all enjoyed the first half at Middlesborough (not the 2nd) and the Southampton game for sure, but the campaign is over 46 games, not 1 and a half and we have been poor since the Watford away game on Boxing day.

The club can't afford to go down to league 1, by next weekend we could be 3 points off 22nd if Stoke pick up a win.

Lose to Swansea and I think we'll be forced into action personally.

I’m a member rather than a season ticket holder so luckily am not tied in for the rest of the season. Didn’t go today as it played out as I thought it would. Barely missed a home game under Pearson- as others have said, I felt really connected with the club and the team. I really cared- a late equaliser/winner for the opposition would partially ruin my weekend. Used to look forward to Saturdays - used to even look forward to the press Conferences with NP.

After the Tinnion power grab and shambles since, I feel very little. Until things change (Tinnion goes) I can’t invest myself again- it’s pointless. Everything feels wrong and false. 

Gradual progress is hard earned but regression and undoing the progress is so easy and fast (as we are seeing). 

It is really hard to have your main passion in life dimmed/ taken away from you. From reading the forum, obviously lots of others feel the same. Been going to AG for 38 years and had just started taking my little boy who is 7. So gutting the way things have played out. 

Edited by Ben1980
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

What have you been smoking?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Every cloud eh!

I once met a girl from Yate, on a flight home from Torino who was a season ticket holder at Juve. 

Wonder if one and the same...

Nahh they were too attractive spuds! 🤣

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

How many crosses did we put in ? It's not a thing we do often, and from beating a defender to the byline and pulling the ball back , they are almost non existent now. Manning has just about ruined Conway, his movement and getting on the end of things just doesn't happen now. 

Strangely , most players did ok today, they just look like they have too many instructions going around their head , they 2nd guess themselves all the time. If we jus played players in the right positions , Sykes right side AMF , Knight CMF and let Tommy be Tommy, I think we would improve the team straight away. 

Manning strikes me as another Lee Johnson , knows a lot of theory but doesn't know how to get it out on the park . Confuses players with too much info and isn't sure who he should play. 
When was the last time anyone rotated players like he's doing to TC and Wells ? Bizarre . 

This is the lowest I felt since I can remember , even under Pulis , I hated the football but never considered not going . I am now.

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

What have you been smoking?

Opinions init... Be boring if we all thought the same thing

I thought Pearson was a poor manager coming in and still do.

Manning being shit doesn't mean Pearson was the saviour

Edited by BasSavage88
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

How many crosses did we put in ? It's not a thing we do often, and from beating a defender to the byline and pulling the ball back , they are almost non existent now. Manning has just about ruined Conway, his movement and getting on the end of things just doesn't happen now. 

Strangely , most players did ok today, they just look like they have too many instructions going around their head , they 2nd guess themselves all the time. If we jus played players in the right positions , Sykes right side AMF , Knight CMF and let Tommy be Tommy, I think we would improve the team straight away. 

Manning strikes me as another Lee Johnson , knows a lot of theory but doesn't know how to get it out on the park . Confuses players with too much info and isn't sure who he should play. 
When was the last time anyone rotated players like he's doing to TC and Wells ? Bizarre . 

This is the lowest I felt since I can remember , even under Pulis , I hated the football but never considered not going . I am now.

22 crosses. 

These are research stats...

Set play crosses (after free kicks or corners) represent about 8% of all goals and open play crosses represent about 15% of all goals. However, crossing from an open play is hugely inefficient, only 1 open cross in 4.87 is an accurate cross and only 1 open cross out of 91.47 leads to a goal on average.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

I’m a member rather than a season ticket holder so luckily am not tied in for the rest of the season. Didn’t go today as it played out as I thought it would. Barely missed a home game under Pearson- as others have said, I felt really connected with the club and the team. I really cared- a late equaliser/winner for the opposition would partially ruin my weekend. Used to look forward to Saturdays - used to even look forward to the press Conferences with NP.

Yeah it was a strange thing with NP. Like you, we never missed games under NP. I think it was feeling confident. Not confident we’d win, but absolutely confident the person who was supposed to be in charge, was in charge. 

A confidence in seeing players actually giving a sense of being a team and wanting to play, it was great to see. I think that’s what makes our situation now so disappointing, seeing players confidence drop and their desire to play, get less and less each game. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Dean Holden went after 6 straight defeats and we were in 13th.

We play 3 of the top 5 on our next 4 games, the Swansea game is massive now for Manning.

2 wins in 13 and 9 points out of 33 have been masked by the 1 Cup win (when West Ham had their best 6 attacking players out Bowen, Paqqueta, Antonio, Kundas, Fornals and Alverez by the way).

Watching the interviews after the game did anybody actually feel "This is the man to get us going again and out of a potential relegation battle"? I'm sure I'm not the only one who witnessed a manager who didn't have any answers and was looking to "get back to basics yet again".

We all enjoyed the first half at Middlesborough (not the 2nd) and the Southampton game for sure, but the campaign is over 46 games, not 1 and a half and we have been poor since the Watford away game on Boxing day.

The club can't afford to go down to league 1, by next weekend we could be 3 points off 22nd if Stoke pick up a win.

Lose to Swansea and I think we'll be forced into action personally.

That’s why I think he’s signed his own death warrant. It’s impossible to have faith in him now. Had he interviewed well you could see those at the top giving him time, but he’s absolutely crashed the car and written it off the past 2 post match and the pre match pressed. He seems a man out of depth, out of ideas and, frankly stressed to high heaven 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Gotta love Italian girls 

I'll never forget my holiday in Greece. The most glorious Italian lady swimming every day whilst her fellow stayed in the apartment all day! The only trouble was I was married at the time! 

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

Opinions init... Be boring if we all thought the same thing

I thought Pearson was a poor manager coming in and still do.

Manning being shit doesn't mean Pearson was the savior

We will never know where we would be if Nige stayed. Progress , although slow was there to be seen.  Rebuilt the scouting and medical side. Got the wage bill down to more sensible levels and got rid of the high earners while bringing in some good young (cheaper) Pros.
I think there were signs we were improving on the pitch and with some of the money from Scott, who knows. 

Manning being shit doesn't mean Pearson was the Saviour , but it might mean he wasn't as bad as Tins and little Jon would have us believe .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

22 crosses. 

These are research stats...

Set play crosses (after free kicks or corners) represent about 8% of all goals and open play crosses represent about 15% of all goals. However, crossing from an open play is hugely inefficient, only 1 open cross in 4.87 is an accurate cross and only 1 open cross out of 91.47 leads to a goal on average.

When TC first burst on the scene, playing with Wells , we seemed to get to the by line and get a lot of balls across the area. Not just crossing with hope but real menace as any retreating defender was a potential scorer too . With Manning insisting on playing inverted Wingers, that is completely out of the question. 

I've said a few times tonight, Sykes is waisted in the left . He looks lost and a million miles from the goal threat he looks on the right. I'd rather see Roberts ahead of Pring on the left and Sykes on the right. At least theres a chance of getting behind the defence .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, T R said:

I'll never forget my holiday in Greece. The most glorious Italian lady swimming every day whilst her fellow stayed in the apartment all day! The only trouble was I was married at the time! 

I've had a relationship with an Italian girl...fair to say, never a dull day. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

When TC first burst on the scene, playing with Wells , we seemed to get to the by line and get a lot of balls across the area. Not just crossing with hope but real menace as any retreating defender was a potential scorer too . With Manning insisting on playing inverted Wingers, that is completely out of the question. 

I've said a few times tonight, Sykes is waisted in the left . He looks lost and a million miles from the goal threat he looks on the right. I'd rather see Roberts ahead of Pring on the left and Sykes on the right. At least theres a chance of getting behind the defence .

Conway was imo always best in a 3.