IGNORED

They've literally lost the fan base...

spudski

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

....from everyone in it together, players and fans under NP, all pulling together, getting it, fighting, respect, understanding...a feeling of we are all pulling in the same direction. A feeling of togetherness. Fighting, supportive, but respectful and knowing our ability and limits. 

To this bullshit within a few months. 

Talk about not understanding football, your fanbase, and totally thinking you and the squad are better than they are. 

Delusional. 

It's a reflection of how many in Government/Politics read and understand the country and what's needed. 

In it for themselves...out of their depth and massively delusional. 

The fact a fan base can see it, call it...but our ' leaders' can't is stunningly. 

' Tecknically and Proffesionally ' sp 🤷😉 inept. 

It wasn’t broke so didn’t need fixing. Nigel was sacked for non-footballing reasons. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 5

LM thinks he is Pep, and is moaning that he is coaching them the same way but they are not doing what Pep’s players do. ‘Don't let them score from a corner. Damn, they did. I told you not to do that’. 

We know this group of lads will give their all if well managed, for all their faults. We are nowhere near that. When in a hole you often see teams need to dig out a result through just battling away and hanging in there. Our fight has left the building.

He is now having a pop at the squad size with his bench, having got players back.

It is becoming a parody. I was hopeful earlier in the season with at least the direction of travel. If we do get sucked in to a battle at the bottom, not sure we have the bottle for it.

• Like 9
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I have a feeling that Manning and Tinnion will leave the club this week. JL won't want to take responsibility, so he'll lay this all at Tinnion's door, and say he has to act. The only way we can sack Manning, is if Tinnion is sacked as well. I think Lansdown ill take action by Monday morning. 

Would be amazed if that happened. In fact, it won't. 

We're stuck with this shambles for a loooong time yet.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

....from everyone in it together, players and fans under NP, all pulling together, getting it, fighting, respect, understanding...a feeling of we are all pulling in the same direction. A feeling of togetherness. Fighting, supportive, but respectful and knowing our ability and limits. 

Talk about not understanding football, your fanbase, and totally thinking you and the squad are better than they are. 

Delusional. 

It's a reflection of how many in Government/Politics read and understand the country and what's needed. 

The fact a fan base can see it, call it...but our ' leaders' can't is stunning.

Well said spudski, the Lansdowns need to f#ck off NOW. Killing this football club.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I have a feeling that Manning and Tinnion will leave the club this week. JL won't want to take responsibility, so he'll lay this all at Tinnion's door, and say he has to act. The only way we can sack Manning, is if Tinnion is sacked as well. I think Lansdown ill take action by Monday morning. 

There’s absolutely no chance that the Board will take such a decision. That will be them admitting that they were wrong to make the change they did!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

If it gets so hot that someone’s going to have to take a bullet for all this Liam will shrug his shoulders and say simply ‘processes’ , Brian will go bright red , Jon will wobble and go for a whisper with Brian , in  the corner and the decision .....made........

’Gavin.......can we have a word......’

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

If it gets so hot that someone’s going to have to take a bullet for all this Liam will shrug his shoulders and say simply ‘processes’ , Brian will go bright red , Jon will wobble and go for a whisper with Brian , in  the corner and the decision .....made........

’Gavin.......can we have a word......’

Do you mean Jon is going to colour him in?

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Flames 2

They’re working on an echo chamber with no external voices in the boardroom to provide counterbalance. It’s a classic problem when you operate with a small board. 

IMO they need to appoint a couple of non executive directors to challenge the group thinking that is clearly happening at the top of the club. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Seems we are in the minority but I too think he’s walking the green mile. You never know how things play out in football, but I think 2 losses or even a loss and a draw would see him gone - unless they were strong performances. 

There are obvious reasons why you’d start questioning his position but the part for me that in my head says ‘he’s gone’ is the post match presser today and last week. He’s supposed to be an ‘on-the-grass’ coach. Well last week he trained the team perfectly and they were shite, and this week he claimed the team were coached to defend a corner of the type Cardiff scored from. 

so not only is he not living up to his front foot football, not only is he chucking players under the bus, he’s now admitting what he coaches can’t be put into practice by the squad - so you’re calling yourself out as a poor ‘on-the-grass’ coach then aren’t you? 

his last two post match and this weeks pre match he’s basically talked himself into the only conclusion that he’s just not very competent. 

Whilst I think that sort of ‘appraisal’ of his words would be beyond JL and BT’s leadership, I think SL will see it. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, cityexile said:

LM thinks he is Pep, and is moaning that he is coaching them the same way but they are not doing what Pep’s players do. ‘Don't let them score from a corner. Damn, they did. I told you not to do that’. 

We know this group of lads will give their all if well managed, for all their faults. We are nowhere near that. When in a hole you often see teams need to dig out a result through just battling away and hanging in there. Our fight has left the building.

He is now having a pop at the squad size with his bench, having got players back.

It is becoming a parody. I was hopeful earlier in the season with at least the direction of travel. If we do get sucked in to a battle at the bottom, not sure we have the bottle for it.

100% It’s Soul Destroying!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Absolutely no chance

21 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

7-1 loss against Swansea ought to do it for both of them.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I have a feeling that Manning and Tinnion will leave the club this week. JL won't want to take responsibility, so he'll lay this all at Tinnion's door, and say he has to act. The only way we can sack Manning, is if Tinnion is sacked as well. I think Lansdown I’ll take action by Monday morning. 

I hope you are right! My thought is a 0/4 away at Ipswich will be the trigger.

However if Manning is gone and the obvious caretaker is put in I think we will go up there and win!

This is all about Manning now. He blames the players for not implementing his instructions and then expects the same players to go out and play for him. Thus the spiral continues!

• Flames 1

Somebody’s just told Jon & circle that the fanbase is lost

Gavin is straight on the calculator , whilst Liam searches his data archives for anything ‘fan base’ related 

Brian is looking under the settee in the board room and Jon has looked up told everyone to ‘calm down’ and that he will ‘ design and draw them a new one

37 minutes ago, spudski said:

Delusional. 

This is spot on. The majority of us felt like we were all in it together. We had a manager who treated us with respect and was honest in his assessments and made us feel a part of the processes in moving the club gradually forward. We all knew the constraints he was under and accepted setbacks as part of the journey and felt proud that so many academy lads were progressing to our first team. Indeed BT himself used that as a USP in signing promising young players to our club.

But those in power evidently didn't like the fact the supporters felt a greater affinity to the club. It was, after all, their club. Not the popular manager's. So they found the appropriate moment to fire him and show us that they know better by bringing in a bright new spark who'd fire us, via the front foot, to a higher level. Instead, they have again shown themselves to be a bunch of incompetents. Manning is clearly out of his depth and is destroying all the positivity diligently created since Holden's departure. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

Yep, everyone has raised expectations based on what the execs have said and we are clearly falling a long way short of.

I feel sorry for Manning, a job he wanted, a club desperate for him to do well and a level he isn't capable of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

Yep, everyone has raised expectations based on what the execs have said and we are clearly falling a long way short of.

I feel sorry for Manning, a job he wanted, a club desperate for him to do well and a level he isn't capable of.

Don't think it's even that at this stage. He's just failing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Agreed.

They had something that doesn’t really happen in football, despite us being mid table and a bit hit and miss, almost everyone was together and supporting the team and the club and as you say pulling in the right direction.

There was a poll wasn’t there about sacking NP or renewing his contract or something and it was over 90% in support of him. Thats unheard of for a club that wasn’t really “successful”. That was only a couple of weeks before the sacking.

They ruined all of that hard work and that’s what I’m most bitter about.

This.

100%

The old phrase “He’s lost the dressing room” springs to mind. That performance plus what LM said in the interview after is enough evidence for me. Cardiff scored from their first corner, regardless of all Pat Mountain’s coaching, says it all. LM is out of his depth as a coach without a DoF to do the hard stuff off the field (which Tinnion isn’t capable of). But whilst JL is “leading” the club his ego won’t let that happen.

57 minutes ago, spudski said:

Delusional. 

Well said Spudski. Spot on this post.

• Like 1