IGNORED

They've literally lost the fan base...

spudski

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Conway was imo always best in a 3. 

I always liked him and Wells together, but one thing that Manning has proved, he's not great on his own with no service.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I always liked him and Wells together, but one thing that Manning has proved, he's not great on his own with no service.

Exactly...but imo, that's not down to Conway. 

It's down to poor quality crosses, and the fact he's outnumbered by defenders and a GK and has very little space for error. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, spudski said:

He mentioned today post match how many crosses we had...as in it was a good thing. 

And that's his downfall ...he's trying to win games by scoring from crosses. 

Which stats will back, as the easiest to defend against, and the least effective way of scoring. 

I’ve got to say, when you start quoting stats as a manager without context / cause and effect, you’ve pretty much lost the argument.  And that’s from me, as someone who loves his numbers.  Even I don’t try to just bung out numbers without an explanation, if I’m trying to make a point.

That was a bad use of stats, by a bloke who should be able to better.

I’ve not really gone into any tactical debate today, it really isn’t worth it, but there were so many issues chasing the game against a team who having got their one goal lead, didn’t need to do much other than get back into a block.

I’m not gonna sit here and say I know better, because I don’t, by a million miles, but I can sit here tonight and think the bloke looks more and more out if his depth and unable to work out his to get results and performances.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

It was slightly biarre Spud because what he actually said was that it was their (coaching staff) work with the players that got them (the players) into the final third and then it is for players to show bravery and ingenuity etc at that point

So taking credit for the ability (depending on your view whether that’s accurate) to play through the thirds but distancing himself from the ability to create chances and score goals 

His ethos does seem to be that the coaching staff win games but the players lose them.

What I thought was noticeable today was the number of players sniping at each other. It's abundantly clear that the dressing room harmony that it seemed we had is well and truly gone.

• Like 13
  • Flames 5

16 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Yeah it was a strange thing with NP. Like you, we never missed games under NP. I think it was feeling confident. Not confident we’d win, but absolutely confident the person who was supposed to be in charge, was in charge. 

A confidence in seeing players actually giving a sense of being a team and wanting to play, it was great to see. I think that’s what makes our situation now so disappointing, seeing players confidence drop and their desire to play, get less and less each game. 

I think it was lots of things- seeing the improvement in players like Pring and Vyner along with the young ones like Scott and Conway being brought through. There was hope that we were going somewhere. Camaraderie amongst the players and their obviously connection with the staff. The opposite of what is happening now. 

Also the honesty from NP - the opposite of what we get from Lansdown and Tinnion. 

The players obviously feel the same as the fans. Disconnected from the club. 

• Like 14
  • Robin 2

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve got to say, when you start quoting stats as a manager without context / cause and effect, you’ve pretty much lost the argument.  And that’s from me, as someone who loves his numbers.  Even I don’t try to just bung out numbers without an explanation, if I’m trying to make a point.

That was a bad use of stats, by a bloke who should be able to better.

I’ve not really gone into any tactical debate today, it really isn’t worth it, but there were so many issues chasing the game against a team who having got their one goal lead, didn’t need to do much other than get back into a block.

I’m not gonna sit here and say I know better, because I don’t, by a million miles, but I can sit here tonight and think the bloke looks more and more out if his depth and unable to work out his to get results and performances.

He went into defence mode Dave...his mouth talks quicker than his brain. He just spouts stuff that is aimed to deflect. Never thought he'd fit with us...said from day one, as did others. I'd say there are more astute on here than JL and BT when seeing that. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, 38MC said:

That’s why I think he’s signed his own death warrant. It’s impossible to have faith in him now. Had he interviewed well you could see those at the top giving him time, but he’s absolutely crashed the car and written it off the past 2 post match and the pre match pressed. He seems a man out of depth, out of ideas and, frankly stressed to high heaven 

It's no surprise at all. It was all there to see in his interviews after defeats at MK. 

• Like 1

one of the infuriating things about all this is the decent performances on TV have been bringing a load of new fans, I've been telling them which bus stop to get off at, not to call us Bristol etc etc lots of students too. Can't imagine many sticking this period out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

I think it was lots of things- seeing the improvement in players like Pring and Vyner along with the young ones like Scott and Conway being brought through. There was hope that we were going somewhere. Camaraderie amongst the players and their obviously connection with the staff. The opposite of what is happening now. 

Also the honesty from NP - the opposite of what we get from Lansdown and Tinnion. 

The players obviously feel the same as the fans. Disconnected from the club. 

Yeah who would have ever thought Vyner would improve like he did. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

Exactly...but imo, that's not down to Conway. 

It's down to poor quality crosses, and the fact he's outnumbered by defenders and a GK and has very little space for error. 

I started losing patience with Manning when it came out he stopped TC from doing what he was good at, movement . Getting him to stop dropping off or going wide takes away a lot of his game . It also means he's easier to mark if he's just going to stay in or around the box.
You would think as Manning likes a No.10 he would be happy to see that rotation . 

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I started losing patience with Manning when it came out he stopped TC from doing what he was good at, movement . Getting him to stop dropping off or going wide takes away a lot of his game . It also means he's easier to mark if he's just going to stay in or around the box.
You would think as Manning likes a No.10 he would be happy to see that rotation . 

He's destroying Conway. No wonder he won't sign an extension. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Yeah who would have ever thought Vyner would improve like he did. 

Definitely not me! Unbelievable transformation. Problem is - he is rapidly regressing backwards. Not the only one as well unfortunately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Yep, I have been thinking that if we sack him we have the same idiots picking the next manager BUT the football is so shite it just cannot continue like this. I would literally give him the next two games to show something otherwise we just have to accept that a managerial fraud has duped everyone and bomb him out pronto with the Geordie Snake very close behind him. In fact Sid has got to go whatever happens.

I do totally accept what you are saying, however it's hardly Manning's fault for taking the role is it? From what I understand he was approached by us, he didn't apply for the post and therefore didn't have to 'dupe' anyone. If we were stupid enough to offer a 3 and a half year deal AND pay a decent compensation package for him (as well as the almost 6 figure sum to ditch Pearson), well of course he would take the deal. It was a hasty appointment with not enough groundwork done, but not Manning's doing.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

He's destroying Conway. No wonder he won't sign an extension. 

Could cost the club £10 million. No doubt he was previously our most saleable asset. Someone will get a bargain due to our incompetence. 

Am sure none of us would sign either if we were him. Hope he goes on to great things- seems like a decent lad. 

Just now, RedM said:

I do totally accept what you are saying, however it's hardly Manning's fault for taking the role is it? From what I understand he was approached by us, he didn't apply for the post and therefore didn't have to 'dupe' anyone. If we were stupid enough to offer a 3 and a half year deal AND pay a decent compensation package for him (as well as the almost 6 figure sum to ditch Pearson), well of course he would take the deal. It was a hasty appointment with not enough groundwork done, but not Manning's doing.

No I accept that it’s not Mannings fault but he has demonstrated that he is way below the level the hierarchy thought he was at. Like I say two games to improve it or he’s gotta go and Sid has to go with him.

• Like 2

Just now, RedM said:

Yeah I don’t blame Manning either although, like others, his inability to take responsibility is starting to p*ss me off a lot. 

I blame Tinnion and also the ECB for taking Gould! The turning point. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ben1980 said:

Could cost the club £10 million. No doubt he was previously our most saleable asset. Someone will get a bargain due to our incompetence. 

Am sure none of us would sign either if we were him. Hope he goes on to great things- seems like a decent lad. 

Plus that quick , mobile , big centre forward that we are looking to sign in the summer ?
That will take anything we get from TC , and more, as his value has dropped massively under Manning.
Just to get someone as good will be expensive and difficult , to improve on what we have will cost a fortune

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

I agree. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spudski said:

....from everyone in it together, players and fans under NP, all pulling together, getting it, fighting, respect, understanding...a feeling of we are all pulling in the same direction. A feeling of togetherness. Fighting, supportive, but respectful and knowing our ability and limits. 

To this bullshit within a few months. 

Talk about not understanding football, your fanbase, and totally thinking you and the squad are better than they are. 

Delusional. 

It's a reflection of how many in Government/Politics read and understand the country and what's needed. 

In it for themselves...out of their depth and massively delusional. 

The fact a fan base can see it, call it...but our ' leaders' can't is stunning.

' Tecknically and Proffesionally ' sp 🤷😉 inept. 

In words what I`VE TRIED to say for years now, great post

• Like 1

Said soon after his appointment the anger was about Manning being appointed, it was about the lack of appreciation and respect the board showed to Pearson. Most fans could see what he had done and what he was doing. Unfortunately the board didn’t. However, as the weeks go on it’s clear Manning is out of his depth and doing himself no favours in his interviews. Sympathy fast running out.

I’d be interested in hearing from someone who was happy to see Pearson go and Manning appointed, who has since had second thoughts, especially what caused the rethink.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's no surprise at all. It was all there to see in his interviews after defeats at MK. 

Agree, didn’t see any need to change from Pearson and when I saw him I thought another young gun to be chewed up and spat out by this incompetent regime. It’s unfortunate as Manning probably could and should have stayed at Oxford and done his due diligence on us as a club and said ‘nah, I’ll go the same way as McInnes’.  

The Lansdown’s romanticise about being an easy on the eye, good footballing side with a media friendly young manager, and being everyone’s favourite second team - we basically want to be Barnsley under Danny Wilson… but it ain’t going to happen with the interference from them. They don’t realise that they are the reason their ideals won’t work, because they won’t let them get on with it, they won’t back the right horse at the right time, and they dangerously think they understand the football business when in 20 years they have demonstrated they are so bloody wet behind the ears that they are better off writing cheques from afar. Then and only then they might actually achieve what they want. 

But whilst they take a side step and let Keith Burt for example take the reins it all goes well, but they want to jump right back in once we are in the championship. Their ego is the problem. 

Pay the money Steve, get someone in who can properly act as CEO, stay in the background. Then you have a chance of promotion to the PL in your lifetime and a good shot at exit. Whilst you have your son running things with charlatans like Mark Ashton who’ll piss your money away, or Brian Tinnion, you’ve got no chance. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Coombsy said:

I blame the players 

poor effort and not playing for the badge again 

they need to take a good look at themselves 

There was always a widespread belief in the game , coming from those involved that players , largely ‘played for the manager’

Its not quite as simple as that but

Just saying

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

I have a feeling that Manning and Tinnion will leave the club this week. JL won't want to take responsibility, so he'll lay this all at Tinnion's door, and say he has to act. The only way we can sack Manning, is if Tinnion is sacked as well. I think Lansdown ill take action by Monday morning. 

Not a chance, but I'm ****ing praying for it. 

Two from four. That would solve half the problem.

55 minutes ago, spudski said:

He went into defence mode Dave...his mouth talks quicker than his brain. He just spouts stuff that is aimed to deflect. Never thought he'd fit with us...said from day one, as did others. I'd say there are more astute on here than JL and BT when seeing that. 

Liam Manning only cares about Liam Manning. He was happy for a 0-0 draw because that means losing to 3 poor teams wouldn't be on his record. 

All throughout his career there have been clear signs that he will jump ship at the earliest opportunity to progress. When he was bombed out of MK he made up loads of excuses of not being able to sign his own players which was complete lies as he said players he previously had connections to. 

He's shown here that he is willing to rush back injured players and play unfit players because he needs them to play, not for the good of Bristol City but for Liam Manning. 

I'm incredibly annoyed by the fact that we could see he was the wrong fit for us but people who are supposed to be more experienced than us, couldn't see that.

I'm incredibly annoyed that this season has been written off because of a failed experiment that we all knew was doomed to fail.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1