IGNORED

They've literally lost the fan base...

spudski

Season ticket holder for the last 20 years don’t often comment on here but an avid observer, that today was absolutely crap and unacceptable, I was so bored, so easy to play against must take 2 mins for the opposition to work us out. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Liam Manning only cares about Liam Manning. He was happy for a 0-0 draw because that means losing to 3 poor teams wouldn't be on his record. 

All throughout his career there have been clear signs that he will jump ship at the earliest opportunity to progress. When he was bombed out of MK he made up loads of excuses of not being able to sign his own players which was complete lies as he said players he previously had connections to. 

He's shown here that he is willing to rush back injured players and play unfit players because he needs them to play, not for the good of Bristol City but for Liam Manning. 

I'm incredibly annoyed by the fact that we could see he was the wrong fit for us but people who are supposed to be more experienced than us, couldn't see that.

I'm incredibly annoyed that this season has been written off because of a failed experiment that we all knew was doomed to fail.  

You've got him looking after number one...BT looking after number one, but now between a rock and a hard place, and Crayola with a 1000 yard stare. We're foooked. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He's shown here that he is willing to rush back injured players and play unfit players because he needs them to play, not for the good of Bristol City but for Liam Manning. 

That really worried me, especially if he permanently damaged Cam! 

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

In my nearly 6 decades of supporting City we have seen worse! Much worse!  Do you all remember the dreaded Pulis?

City have not lost this particular fan, but I am cheesed off with the way we are playing and that we sacked Nige, who was a leader and strong character and a real manager, and replaced him with a wimpy coach who might be better suited to working under a manager. When Manning first joined I commented on his lack of confidence and force or personality and this seems to have been a correct analysis.  A good manager would use the playing assets that he has to get the best results and change the staff over time if he wanted different qualities.

I believe that we have some very good players and the fact that they are currently below par is due to lack of leadership and motivation. With the difficult run of fixtures in the next few weeks, we may well find ourselves flirting with relegation and the Lansdowns may be forced to make a change again.  First rule of management is to not reinforce a failure - but when have they taken any notice of the rules of management?

The whole inservice training requirement in any modern business, whatever that might be, is simply lacking at Ashton Gate.

I have said for a longtime that we need to move on from 19th century management ideas.

For a brief moment with Nige and Gould, I thought the Lansdowns by sheer chance had finally got the professional approach the club had lacked for decades under SL

More fool me

• Like 16
  • Flames 1

Up and down the country there are kids and adults wearing Liverpool, Man City, Utd etc shirts who follow PL teams despite not coming from these cities, or probably attending any games. They are followers of success,  not suupporters. My 11-year-old son doesn't. He's born in Bristol, only has City or England shirts, and a season ticket. He's a one club kid...and bored. My boy is a fantastic footballer, a striker, who understands the game, watches European football on YouTube and knows what is entertaining and successful football. How long can the current board etc expect him to watch this s**t and keep him motivated to follow his club. He's got many friends who don't want to come either. This is the future of our club, and sadly the current board are only interested in ££. Sorry SL/JL you are destroying your own future with s**t decisions. FFS sort it out  or move on.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

The starting 11 showed the cracks in the coaching, if that’s the best manning can do with the players available then we are going nowhere - mediocre players that ran their socks off under NP seem to be disappointed to have been selected - it’s hard to imagine they did any better in training.

Very few of the fans have coaching badges but we can all see the crap attitude on the pitch, strange how the players that used to play well as a team are not selected together

• Like 2

3 hours ago, handsofclay said:

This is spot on. The majority of us felt like we were all in it together. We had a manager who treated us with respect and was honest in his assessments and made us feel a part of the processes in moving the club gradually forward. We all knew the constraints he was under and accepted setbacks as part of the journey and felt proud that so many academy lads were progressing to our first team. Indeed BT himself used that as a USP in signing promising young players to our club.

But those in power evidently didn't like the fact the supporters felt a greater affinity to the club. It was, after all, their club. Not the popular manager's. So they found the appropriate moment to fire him and show us that they know better by bringing in a bright new spark who'd fire us, via the front foot, to a higher level. Instead, they have again shown themselves to be a bunch of incompetents. Manning is clearly out of his depth and is destroying all the positivity diligently created since Holden's departure. 

⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

Up and down the country there are kids and adults wearing Liverpool, Man City, Utd etc shirts who follow PL teams despite not coming from these cities, or probably attending any games. They are followers of success,  not suupporters. My 11-year-old son doesn't. He's born in Bristol, only has City or England shirts, and a season ticket. He's a one club kid...and bored. My boy is a fantastic footballer, a striker, who understands the game, watches European football on YouTube and knows what is entertaining and successful football. How long can the current board etc expect him to watch this s**t and keep him motivated to follow his club. He's got many friends who don't want to come either. This is the future of our club, and sadly the current board are only interested in ££. Sorry SL/JL you are destroying your own future with s**t decisions. FFS sort it out  or move on.

Same for my six year old grandson living in coastal West Sussex.  After his first and only match, that against QPR, his comment was that City were idiots.  At six he can be forgiven for blaming the players.  At his age Manning should accept that he is the idiot.  

• Like 1

This is spot on. The majority of us felt like we were all in it together. We had a manager who treated us with respect and was honest in his assessments and made us feel a part of the processes in moving the club gradually forward. We all knew the constraints he was under and accepted setbacks as part of the journey and felt proud that so many academy lads were progressing to our first team. Indeed BT himself used that as a USP in signing promising young players to our club.

But those in power evidently didn't like the fact the supporters felt a greater affinity to the club. It was, after all, their club. Not the popular manager's. So they found the appropriate moment to fire him and show us that they know better by bringing in a bright new spark who'd fire us, via the front foot, to a higher level. Instead, they have again shown themselves to be a bunch of incompetents. Manning is clearly out of his depth and is destroying all the positivity diligently created since Holden's departure. 

Missed this post in the flurry of threads and posts today

What a brilliant post 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

The whole debacle brilliantly summarised and nailed in two paragraphs 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Tinnion said a couple of weeks ago crowds are on the up. Absolute rubbish, crowds will be below 17K in league one. 

Not for next year they won’t be. Not seen that level of anger at the end of today’s match for a long time at AG, even when we have got rid of previous  managers. It’s not just that we are losing at home regularly, it’s the way we are losing. The football is boring, turgid bilge. Less front foot football as shot ourselves in the foot football!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Precisely. The Landowns will f”ck off soon (I hope), but this football club will continue.
They have put us back 10 years probably. But there is a future after the Lansdowns go.
Just so depressing to see the club going backwards so fast.
Get out Lansdowns!!!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Wrongagain said:

The starting 11 showed the cracks in the coaching, if that’s the best manning can do with the players available then we are going nowhere - mediocre players that ran their socks off under NP seem to be disappointed to have been selected - it’s hard to imagine they did any better in training.

Very few of the fans have coaching badges but we can all see the crap attitude on the pitch, strange how the players that used to play well as a team are not selected together

Agreed, Manning has lost the players. Obvious to most.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wrongagain said:

The worrying thing is he’s had two free weeks to get on the grass and managed to make them worse. That’s some coaching!

• Like 1

I’ve followed this forum for a fair few years but didn’t really want to come on here to slate my club but we literally have gone backwards, a manager out of his depth, a manager who really hasn’t got a plan let alone a back up plan.

really worrying to be a city fan right now that’s for sure 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

I have a feeling that Manning and Tinnion will leave the club this week. JL won't want to take responsibility, so he'll lay this all at Tinnion's door, and say he has to act. The only way we can sack Manning, is if Tinnion is sacked as well. I think Lansdown ill take action by Monday morning. 

That would mean Steve Lansdown admitting he was wrong. And we all know his arrogance is such that he will do anything to avoid that. Even to the detriment of the club and supporters. The bloke doesn't give a shit about the club or it's supporters. So it will not happen. Didn't he once say judge me on Tinnion. Well you were  wrong the first time and are still wrong now.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

There is a common theme going on in the Championship with the vogue being for young head coaches being brought in to achieve success, based on what Rob Edwards did with Luton and McKenna had been achieving with Ipswich. The difference is as that both of those had actually achieved promotions at a lower level, unlike most of the other young coaches brought in who have achieved nothing tangible in most cases, just maybe a run of good results. It’s bombed at Birmingham with Rooney. It’s bombed at Sunderland with Beale. And it’s bombing with Manning here. Yet some owners seem to think it’s some guarantee of success to go for the next “bright young coach” rather than stick with an experienced manager who was doing ok in the circumstances.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

I have a feeling that Manning and Tinnion will leave the club this week. JL won't want to take responsibility, so he'll lay this all at Tinnion's door, and say he has to act. The only way we can sack Manning, is if Tinnion is sacked as well. I think Lansdown I’ll take action by Monday morning. 

Tinnion won’t leave anything. He can’t afford to 

He will have to be sacked 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

There is a common theme going on in the Championship with the vogue being for young head coaches being brought in to achieve success, based on what Rob Edwards did with Luton and McKenna had been achieving with Ipswich. The difference is as that both of those had actually achieved promotions at a lower level, unlike most of the other young coaches brought in who have achieved nothing tangible in most cases, just maybe a run of good results. It’s bombed at Birmingham with Rooney. It’s bombed at Sunderland with Beale. And it’s bombing with Manning here. Yet some owners seem to think it’s some guarantee of success to go for the next “bright young coach” rather than stick with an experienced manager who was doing ok in the circumstances.

I'd say Beale wasn't exactly bombed, more mediocre.

A bit like Manning and his points return here to date albeit it is shifting from mediocre to something more alarming.

One would like to think as a business, keeping customers (us) happy would be paramount as once they’re gone there’s a strong chance they won’t come back, and seeing numerous posts on this forum still going strong late into the evening after today’s performance should be alarming.

Its the arrogance of this club now that’s really getting to me (I’ve been attending since 1959)

There is an increasing trend that our views do not matter, we’re being told what to think, they (we all know which two) know best on literally everything, we’re wrong as its all going to plan (yeh right), give it time, wait until the summer window and we’ll bring in a “big number 9” and even something like the “front foot attacking football” put out as some sort of softener to disposing of Nige does not get delivered, we even bring in a coach who does not play that style !

There is lots of lively good debate on this forum but what’s clear is the fanbase cares about this club and collectively we understand more than we’re given credit for, like the current set up not being a good fit.

Do not lose the fanbase, get us back on side.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, Berts city said:

Season ticket holder for the last 20 years don’t often comment on here but an avid observer, that today was absolutely crap and unacceptable, I was so bored, so easy to play against must take 2 mins for the opposition to work us out. 

Is that you Jase ?? 🤔

8 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Tinnion said a couple of weeks ago crowds are on the up. Absolute rubbish, crowds will be below 17K in league one. 

Also no way was there the announced figures there today - 19k. Tops.

11 hours ago, 38MC said:

this week he claimed the team were coached to defend a corner of the type Cardiff scored from. 

And he blamed Pat Mountain. 
The idiots at the helm got rid of precisely the type of people who could make this club a success . 
We are in the brown stuff and the buck that has loitered around their offices for years and has now firmly stopped. There is no hiding place. 
The huge problem is that they either admit they aren’t up to their jobs or they resign , two excruciatingly difficult things to do . 
Ego’s are going to kill this club. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Lose to Ipswich then Swansea we are then in a relagation battle. Seriously do I want to renew my season ticket. Absolutely shite watching that yesterday sat thru that cold and wet. Poor woman sat next to me was shivering couldn't wait for the game to finish, so she could take her son home. 

Think we have made a mistake getting rid of Nigel. 

Cmon City sort yourselves out. That attendance figures above 24000 yesterday that was wrong. 

7 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Agree Dr. Thankfully it's first v second in Alex's game this morning, so despite my surgery I will be wrapping up warm to watch him play. I won't be back at at AG until April unless I get the all clear from the surgeon. Could be a blessing in disguise 🥸 

1 minute ago, Pippintogg said:

Agree Dr. Thankfully it's first v second in Alex's game this morning, so despite my surgery I will be wrapping up warm to watch him play. I won't be back at at AG until April unless I get the all clear from the surgeon. Could be a blessing in disguise 🥸 

Get well soon Chris. And don’t worry that you’re missing anything because you’re not. Just utter frustration at the stupidity of the club appointing someone who is way out of his depth and ruining what we had.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Get well soon Chris. And don’t worry that you’re missing anything because you’re not. Just utter frustration at the stupidity of the club appointing someone who is way out of his depth and ruining what we had.

Thanks Dr. 😊 

12 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

They’re working on an echo chamber with no external voices in the boardroom to provide counterbalance. It’s a classic problem when you operate with a small board. 

IMO they need to appoint a couple of non executive directors to challenge the group thinking that is clearly happening at the top of the club. 

Absolutely this. There is a total lack of professionalism and nobody to challenge the half-baked proclamations emanating from the Chairman’s office. Pearson did that and was sacked for it. Brian Tinnion, who I have admired in the past and in whom I am hugely disappointed, lacks the balls to call out the nonsense and instead either cravenly agrees or keeps his head down. It’s a recipe for disaster.

• Like 11
  • Flames 1