IGNORED

Ipswich Town away match thread

Great write-up again on my boys in blue Jerseybean, I knew China owed us a lot but had forgotten about the lawnmower fame.  

A little more info on McKenna, for the poster who touched on this: his Spurs playing career effectively ended aged 20. Uni and youth coaching experience at various clubs followed, before taking over Spurs' U18s in 2015. Headhunted in intervening years by Liverpool and Man Utd, he ultimately opted for United and quickly progressed up to First Team Coach, spanning three managers I think. So 37 tender years belie his experience, really, and I genuinely expect him to go close to the summit (ultimately without us :laugh:, but enjoying the ride while it lasts). 

Fully braced for a tough battle tonight, however! Know you aren't happy following the Pearson debacle, understatement, but it was a tight contest back in October and Town have had many more tight ones since. Conquerer of most, destroyer of few. Broadhead and Burns shouldn't feature. Luongo was sick at the weekend. It's our depth that tends to overwhelm over 90 mins more than the starting XI, which is less relevant with those players out. We're borderline buccaneering at home too, which like in the Southampton game may suit you. 

The above being said, we do have big Keiffer Moore and he is a handful! As are the smaller ones, so secretly think a 2-goal margin is on the cards. Manning is a manager our fanbase has kept tabs on, with his L1 work, style and background, yet fair to say you think he's rubbish? No element of following a fan favourite, or of needing a few windows? I can see his PPG was the same at one point but you've since lost three on the spin, and points only tell half the story of course. 

Safe travels!

• Thanks 1

My lasting impression of Wes Burns was when he came on as a substitute can't remember the match.

To say it was the worst cameo performance by a professional footballer I have ever seen would not be an exaggeration.

Good for him that he has overcome that particular performance.

Edited by Abraham Romanovich
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
44 minutes ago, 22A said:

The pub opposite the railway station welcomes visiting fans and is only 5 mins from Portman Road.

This is the greatest pub!

The Dove....

The Falcon in the centre is great for food.

IMG-20240305-WA0017.jpeg

Edited by Norn Iron
More pub info
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, fisherrich said:

Fearful of a spanking tonight.

If this is "what's my line" then I'll guess that you're a High Court judge or a Member of Parliament.

• Haha 4
7 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Why do I have a deluded hunch that we are going to win tonight 🤣

When I think we are going to be mullered by anyone, we always seem to win.  That's the only element of positivity I have tonight.

If we do get mullered, Manning's position becomes almost untenable.  A boy trying to do a mans job, I think.

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

When I think we are going to be mullered by anyone, we always seem to win.  That's the only element of positivity I have tonight.

My worry is that you, and others, are double bluffing your way to certain defeat tonight 😂😂

There’s way too much positivity, based on the obvious likelihood of us getting stuffed tonight. I’m worried. 

2 hours ago, SkuseMe said:

Manning is a manager our fanbase has kept tabs on, with his L1 work, style and background, yet fair to say you think he's rubbish? No element of following a fan favourite, or of needing a few windows? I can see his PPG was the same at one point but you've since lost three on the spin, and points only tell half the story of course. 

Safe travels!

To be fair, I’ve (genuinely) got a mate who is an Ipswich ST holder. Lovely guy, bit backwards, and he was of the opinion that Manning would be a suitable heir to McKenna, and even on the weekend he was texting me saying “hopefully LM sorts you out in the summer”

I’d respectfully say that as we’ve seen him at close quarters we can reasonably say how poor he is - nothing to do with following Pearson or needing windows, he’s just plain not very good at this. And with his Ipswich credentials, you’ve dodged a bullet that we took him before McKenna left.