IGNORED

If not Manning, then whom?

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'd give it to Frank Lampard.  I was hoping he'd get the job last time round.

Like him or not, it would enhance City's reputation again and he'd be able to secure a decent batch of Chelsea youngsters!

I think he was very impressive at this level with Derby.

Erm he took Derby from 6th to 6th and their wage bill will have been major..how can it not be with Tomori, Mount, Wilson on loan.

He did some good things but again how can you not at this level with such loans at once in the same side.

I say will have been major, not like they ever released Accounts after 2018 so we aren't really that sure how costly.

He left at the first opportunity and never really had to deal with the tough spells that followed. One game away from victory but it was moving into last roll territory.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I certainly respect the way pearson got us through the financial mess, and the relationship he had with the squad he assembled, but just about everyone acknowledged it would be his replacement that would get the benefit of that work,, and no one can say he handled the owners with a lot of tact,, which is why he got fired. There is zero chance the lansdowns would have him back, and i doubt he would be desperate to come back if they wanted him to!

Maybe he was at the end of his tether because the people above him were acting in an unprofessional manner, and against the football club's best interests?

That the Lansdown's don't want him back (seems a reasonable assumption) is more of a badge of honour than a slight on the man.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Seriously - we binned a manager, rightly or wrongly, and appointed a risky replacement.

Smarter people than me, the likes of @Davefevs - who is not prone to pulling triggers- are saying it's change time again. But change...to whom? Or what? Does Tinnion have to go, too? 

Who would take the job?

14 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'd give it to Frank Lampard.  I was hoping he'd get the job last time round.

Like him or not, it would enhance City's reputation again and he'd be able to secure a decent batch of Chelsea youngsters!

I think he was very impressive at this level with Derby.

Lampard wouldn't come here, he wanted total charge of all transfers but the board said no, 

Duff is a good shout & he lives relatively locally, too.

Didn’t work out at Stoke (which doesn’t make him unique) but Alex Neil is another one, certainly would become tough to beat under him.

Can’t see it happening anyway, reckon we’d have to get relegated for them to sack him & everything changes then.

Maybe someone from abroad. Sheffield Wednesday were dead and buried in the championship, until the new young manager comes in. Won 5 out of there last 6. Doing a fantastic job up there. 

Makes it even worse for me when I look at our situation and what’s happening. They haven’t got a better squad than ours. 
So ye maybe someone from abroad, but they wouldn’t get the next appointment right. Zero confidence 

2 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

No thanks,not after his previous appointment with us, 

Sorry it was supposed to just be a statement from the OP. Don't know why it came up as a reply to you?

Pulis???? Rather have BT back so that tells you everything you need to know about how I feel about Pulis!

I would appoint very short term to the end if the season. My choice in that situation would be Gary Rowett. Experienced at this level and very pragmatic to get the points we need to survive and in the meantime look for who we might want longer term. But it’s all dependent on improving the structure higher up the club by getting an experienced CEO again, putting Tinnion back to the Academy and adding some knowledgeable outside voices to the board.

Hello people! Are we all sleep-walking whilst using the forum?

There's one manager, and one manager only, who could make it work.

Decent record. Good contacts. And available in the summer...

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Not a popular opinion but I'm inclined to give him time, despite our experiences, he is seen as a promising young coach in the wider football world. To be clear I've not enjoyed the football that much but we have risen to the occasion against stronger teams & TBH I have some reservations about his ability to step up as a charismatic leader but, he's come into a toxic environment & hasn't had a chance to relax into the role in any way.

But..........

The season is a right off, we will find enough points to stay up & he will learn from the relentless brickbats the fanbase is quite rightly giving him & he's young (for a head coach) so he's still building the maturity in position. If he's as smart as the image he presents he will learn quickly or fail fast.

The board will be forced to back him in the summer, especially as we will see a lot of traffic in player movement - this is a good window to recruit to the type of football he wants to play.

No doubt JL & BT massively underestimated the job NP & Co were doing, but binning off Manning early doors to make them wear their mistake doesn't help anyone. If anything it should encourage the board to properly invest in the squad. 

With more of his type of squad & having gone through a tough initiation to the championship, we might find ourselves with an actual identity & a method for dealing with teams we've struggled against.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

If anyone thinks that discussion is not/has not taken place behind closed doors then they are way off

i dont know if either Lansdown bothered to go to Ipswich (anyone know) but both would have watched one way or another. any way allegedly the conversation went something like this. 

JL. Dad that Mr Manning has turned out to be a bit of a duffer

SL. Who had the idea of sacking Pearson

JL. It was Brian dad. I went along with it so I could look like I was doing something 

SL. Son Brian is a football genius it can’t of been him. 

JL. Honest it was him. He said we should be doing better with a top six squad. 

SL. **** off back to your yacht. I’ll sort it. But no blow or hookers. 

JL. OKAAAAAY! 

For the record. Andy King as caretaker with Naismith and Wells. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

Why does it have to be someone new?

Swallow his pride, and Lansdown needs to go and get back the previous coaching set up.

Our squad has been built for their philosophies, so let's attempt to get things back on track.

I'm suspecting there's been some "tensions" between NP and others, so look to resolve those, either by letting someone go, change/revert their positions, or recruit accordingly.

Can't we make Jon Lansdown an honourary president or something, and bring in a proper chairman? Likewise, bring in a proper experienced CEO and get Tinnion back to what he's good at.

How about they make him our our International Chairman?  That would make him feel even more important and mean he can **** off back to Bermuda! 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Jeez said:

No doubt JL & BT massively underestimated the job NP & Co were doing, but binning off Manning early doors to make them wear their mistake doesn't help anyone. If anything it should encourage the board to properly invest in the squad. 

With more of his type of squad & having gone through a tough initiation to the championship, we might find ourselves with an actual identity & a method for dealing with teams we've struggled against.

Ehhhhhhh

Its nothing to do with ‘binning him

off early’  to ‘make them wear their mistake’

Its what’s best , or what many believe is the best , for THE CLUB (OUR CLUB)

If he’s a mistake , doubling down on it and throwing money at it won’t change it or solve the problem 

It will merely make it worse and leave more problems as we move onwards 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I would appoint very short term to the end if the season. My choice in that situation would be Gary Rowett. Experienced at this level and very pragmatic to get the points we need to survive and in the meantime look for who we might want longer term. But it’s all dependent on improving the structure higher up the club by getting an experienced CEO again, putting Tinnion back to the Academy and adding some knowledgeable outside voices to the board.

I’m not sure Rowett would fancy coming in to be a stop gap 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

What an absolute, avoidable mess they have made 🤦‍♂️

If we didn't know better you'd think they were deliberately sabotaging the club with these bizarre decisions

Yes - this isn’t about LM alone - it’s deeper and wider , and more worrying than that 

It’s about the decisions they’ve made , and any that they’ve now got to make 

Frightening tbh

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

What an absolute, avoidable mess they have made 🤦‍♂️

If we didn't know better you'd think they were deliberately sabotaging the club with these bizarre decisions

If you're trying to sell your house, you don't crap on the doorstep before the viewings

If Manning gets sacked then who deputises whilst we recruit a new Manager?   Hogg doesn't seem like the type who would step up or be capable of getting us out of this mess.  We would therefore probably need someone immediately on a short term basis to save us from relegation. Big Sam?  Warnock?  Brian Tinnion?  

4 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

If Manning gets sacked then who deputises whilst we recruit a new Manager?   Hogg doesn't seem like the type who would step up or be capable of getting us out of this mess.  We would therefore probably need someone immediately on a short term basis to save us from relegation. Big Sam?  Warnock?  Brian Tinnion?  

Andy King