IGNORED

If not Manning, then whom?

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

That's pretty grim reading

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Interesting read , I liked this bit ....

" Duff praised predecessor Martin, but admitted he saw the game "slightly" differently and spoke of adding physicality and pace, to be more progressive."

We should try that .

That's what he might have said, but he didn't seem to achieve it.  That quote is one of the very few potentially favourable bits from a really damning verdict.  It goes on to say "Seasoned Swansea watchers not only struggled to see that, they struggled to see what the game plan was from week to week. The consensus was there was no discernible feature of the team, nothing to make the side stand out or encourage hope.  Players were said to be equally unconvinced."

43 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

Swansea's supporters took against Duff six league matches into the season. Quite ridiculous but there's a lot of ridiculousness around these days. I think he'd be an excellent appointment for Bristol City and you have an advantage over other clubs. Duff loves the town of Cheltenham and, I'd presume, he could commute easily from there to Ashton Gate. So yours could be just the club where he can create something over a longer period. And your Welsh neighbours can gnash their teeth regretting their impatience as you reach The PL before they get back there.

Six matches is luxury.  The pitchforks were out for LM well before that

• Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, red panda said:

That's what he might have said, but he didn't seem to achieve it.  That quote is one of the very few potentially favourable bits from a really damning verdict.  It goes on to say "Seasoned Swansea watchers not only struggled to see that, they struggled to see what the game plan was from week to week. The consensus was there was no discernible feature of the team, nothing to make the side stand out or encourage hope.  Players were said to be equally unconvinced."

But they also enjoyed watching their team pass around for fun and never go forward, so I won't put much store in their opinion 🤣

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

I would appoint very short term to the end if the season. My choice in that situation would be Gary Rowett. Experienced at this level and very pragmatic to get the points we need to survive and in the meantime look for who we might want longer term.

Preparing to have the roof cave in; Neil Warnock (yes, Colin) hasn't done too well at Aberdeen and might consider coming here short term, just as he kept Rotherham up last season.

Having said this, I wouldn't want him full time though.

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’d go for Valérien Ismaël when he gets the boot from Watford.

Don't think the Lansdowns would. 

And he really hasn't done anything post Barnsley.

That said, as I have stated, nobody could be worse.

I wouldn't put it past them to reappoint LJ on a short term basis. I can see them marketing it as unfinished business. I have that little confidence in SL/JL/BT to read the room.

Don't think they would do it, but can't rule it out. Which tells its own story. Trust in them is very low.

Don't think any change will be made this season though. Not much improvement will be required for us to be mathematically safe with 2 or 3 games to spare. If we lose every single one and are in with a chance of going down by then, they may just pull the trigger. But we'd have to a) be mathematically in danger with 2 or 3 to go and b) show no signs of getting any points. Even last night we could have got 1 if not 3, so I suspect he'll survive. Don't personally believe that he should, but given how expensive it would be to sack him and how foolish they'd look, I think they'll back him.

Of course, they all look like fools anyway.

End of the season can't come quickly enough, just so I can stop thinking about Bristol City FC for a while. What a sad state of affairs.

• Flames 1
  • Robin 2

44 minutes ago, cellist said:

I wouldn't put it past them to reappoint LJ on a short term basis. I can see them marketing it as unfinished business. I have that little confidence in SL/JL/BT to read the room.

Don't think they would do it, but can't rule it out. Which tells its own story. Trust in them is very low.

Don't think any change will be made this season though. Not much improvement will be required for us to be mathematically safe with 2 or 3 games to spare. If we lose every single one and are in with a chance of going down by then, they may just pull the trigger. But we'd have to a) be mathematically in danger with 2 or 3 to go and b) show no signs of getting any points. Even last night we could have got 1 if not 3, so I suspect he'll survive. Don't personally believe that he should, but given how expensive it would be to sack him and how foolish they'd look, I think they'll back him.

Of course, they all look like fools anyway.

End of the season can't come quickly enough, just so I can stop thinking about Bristol City FC for a while. What a sad state of affairs.

And who has really got us the points that will likely save us?

The man that 'wasn't doing well enough'. 

Without any support. 

I'm ****ing sick of them.

SELL UP AND **** OFF!!!

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Preparing to have the roof cave in; Neil Warnock (yes, Colin) hasn't done too well at Aberdeen and might consider coming here short term, just as he kept Rotherham up last season.

Think you will find it was Huddersfield that he kept up last season. Rotherham was back in 2016 but same result - they stayed up against the odds!

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

If you have a relegation problem,
If no one else can help
And if you can find him
Maybe you can hire the LJ-team

200.gif

Bring him home
Bring him home
Bring him home.
He's like the son I might have known
If God had granted me a son.

God is a Lee J 😍

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Bring him home
Bring him home
Bring him home.

God is a Lee J 😍

Bugger , he's got a song . 

Bound to happen now 🤣

12 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Bring him home
Bring him home
Bring him home.

God is a Lee J 😍

I think that the original post was ironic. 

Yours, however. 🤦

13 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Bring him home
Bring him home
Bring him home.

God is a Lee J 😍

Are you actually GJ?

7 hours ago, IAmNick said:

. But if there’s a Championship club that’s ambitious, that wants to work in the right way and be open and honest about things, and really try and push to get somewhere, then I would love to do that."

Well, could be some good debate on whether our bosses/club fit those requirements ?

• Like 1

It's too early and I don't know if he has even done his coaching badges but there is something about Naismith that makes me think he is going to make a successful manager in the future.  Teams often reflect the traits of their manager and he comes across as astute and a good people person with a passion to succeed. 

I think we play better when he is in the side as well. If he goes into management and produces teams that play the game like he does then he'll produce teams that are good to watch.  Man management skills are under-estimated and there's no doubt he would excel there.  I think LM does his best but it doesn't strike me as something that comes naturally to him.  

I am sure one of SL's biggest regrets is appointing LJ after his infamous PowerPoint presentation rather than his instinct to opt for Mark Robins. The latter isn't a realistic option now unfortunately/

I think if a change was made now it would need someone who knows the players and Club to give the best chance of avoiding getting sucked into a relegation battle. I'd be happy with King given the role until the rest of the season and Fleming brought back as coach and his assistant.  That would bring the feel-good and togetherness factor that has been ripped out of the Club.

Not much chance of that given they are very much Nigel Pearson associated and maybe neither would want it either given the current hierarchy. A lot has been written about JL and BT, but an expat owner who doesn't speak to the fans just comes across as a sulking child mentality and an abdication of responsibility.  There is a real vacuum of leadership and common sense. So much for JL's pledge to improve communications. I don't think they realised how well NP fulfilled that role.  

3 hours ago, 22A said:

“Not done too well”- he’s doing worse than Manning.

It was Huddersfield, not Rotherham.

He’s lost it.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Superjack said:

I don't think so Dave. 

You or @Nogbad the Bad from on here, I think.

Thanks SJ, but I prefer being an ordinary supporter and can't think of anything worse than getting involved behind the scenes with the hierarchy at your favourite club. Put you off for life I should think.

Too old and knackered now anyway - to think I was relatively young when I started posting on OTIB!

From those on here I reckon @GrahamC would fit the bill as a straight talker, and I imagine @CliftonCliff might shake things up a bit too.

A fan representative - isn't that what the Supporters Trust was originally all about?

?

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

8 hours ago, Jeez said:

The board will be forced to back him in the summer, especially as we will see a lot of traffic in player movement - this is a good window to recruit to the type of football he wants to play.

You might be onto something here. In a roundabout way, the struggles at the moment might make the board finally realise that we don’t have a top 6 squad after all and so have to recruit. 

Any manager with a decent track record and ambition would have serious concerns about taking the Bristol City job.

Especially after the most recent change. We were the hot topic of conversation on Soccer Saturday when usually we only ever get a mention if we’re playing Leeds, Norwich or Southampton.