IGNORED

If not Manning, then whom?

46 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Interesting read , I liked this bit ....

" Duff praised predecessor Martin, but admitted he saw the game "slightly" differently and spoke of adding physicality and pace, to be more progressive."

We should try that .

• Like 2

I was so outraged and despondent when they stabbed Pearson in the back, I frankly didn't give a flying **** who they appointed as a 'head coach'. 

But this guy is so bad that a part of me is actually enjoying it. It's ****ing hilarious. 

For once I absolutely don't care that none of us can trust them to hire a decent replacement, because they absolutely couldn't do any worse.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Seriously - we binned a manager, rightly or wrongly, and appointed a risky replacement.

Smarter people than me, the likes of @Davefevs - who is not prone to pulling triggers- are saying it's change time again. But change...to whom? Or what? Does Tinnion have to go, too? 

Tinnion has to do what he does best and bring the youngsters on. JP wants a yes man.

There is STILL only one man for me, if you know you know😄. Everytime there is even a slim chance of a managerial change I get my hopes up😍, only to be cruelly dashed :sad26:

• Haha 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

There is STILL only one man for me, if you know you know😄. Everytime there is even a slim chance of a managerial change I get my hopes up😍, only to be cruelly dashed :sad26:

I did know. But I can't remember. 🤣

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Sorry I am not going to take it on its a poison chalice you will have to find someone else 🤣

Edited by mjd
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I did know. But I can't remember. 🤣

I'm keeping him under the radar then, just in case🤣

PS He was spotted at AG a few weeks ago!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

As has previously stated, Duff was totally the wrong fit due to Swansea's way of playing. A bit like LM being the wrong fit for our way of playing!

Swansea's supporters took against Duff six league matches into the season. Quite ridiculous but there's a lot of ridiculousness around these days. I think he'd be an excellent appointment for Bristol City and you have an advantage over other clubs. Duff loves the town of Cheltenham and, I'd presume, he could commute easily from there to Ashton Gate. So yours could be just the club where he can create something over a longer period. And your Welsh neighbours can gnash their teeth regretting their impatience as you reach The PL before they get back there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

Swansea's supporters took against Duff six league matches into the season. Quite ridiculous but there's a lot of ridiculousness around these days. I think he'd be an excellent appointment for Bristol City and you have an advantage over other clubs. Duff loves the town of Cheltenham and, I'd presume, he could commute easily from there to Ashton Gate. So yours could be just the club where he can create something over a longer period. And your Welsh neighbours can gnash their teeth regretting their impatience as you reach The PL before they get back there.

Unfortunately, it will take more people than the 'head coach' to leave before we could ever reach the PL. 😪

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm keeping him under the radar then, just in case🤣

PS He was spotted at AG a few weeks ago!

Aah.

Frenchay Red has put me out of my misery. 

You have seen that 'young player' photo of him, right? 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Bright guy and is destined for a good career as a coach in the future, which is exactly why our lot wouldn’t consider it

To be fair, that's not actually why they wouldn't consider it. 

1 hour ago, Graham76 said:

If Manning gets sacked then who deputises whilst we recruit a new Manager?   Hogg doesn't seem like the type who would step up or be capable of getting us out of this mess.  We would therefore probably need someone immediately on a short term basis to save us from relegation. Big Sam?  Warnock?  Brian Tinnion?  

Sack him after West Brom as 2 weeks before next game