IGNORED

Manning's under development, he needs more time

14 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Who exactly are the “anti-Pearson screamers”, SA?

Given recent comments you’ve made, maybe you have me down as one? And if that’s the case then - as I’ve said to you several times - you have that completely wrong.

If not, who?

I honestly can’t recall any sort of concerted anti NP sentiment last year, and certainly no concerted campaign calling for his departure.

Ive just had a quick  look back at the last two matchday threads of NPs tenure. Both defeats. I thought maybe I’d forgotten something. But, no, no sort of campaign at all - quite the opposite in fact. And, as far as I could see, not a single post calling for him to be sacked.

I just wonder whether these ‘screamers’ exist in the same place as Bristol Sport employees?! 

No I don’t have you anywhere near an anti Pearson screamer or massive critic

And you completely misread or have comprehended what I’ve said to you

You were noticeably extremely supportive of LJ and defended him throughout even when it was clear what was festering

(Personally I’m  not into blind faith or let’s just ‘hope’)

You are pretty quick to make snipes at or get restless about critics of LM , or considered and explained criticism of him , and appear pretty keen to defend him

I may of course , have simply missed any sort of similar supportive  posts of Pearson when he was here 

As for the screamers (Maybe whiners would have been better) who wanted him out - there were , and are many (Including some who now want Manning out amusingly) If you haven’t noticed them , then you aren’t looking too hard or choosing not to , and I do and will challenge them 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3

Manning will carry on for a bit yet, even if we lose Sunday. I wouldn’t rule out a sacking if he doesnt get a win soon and we drop into the bottom 3 in a few weeks time though.

some sort of caretaker couldn’t do worse than never winning 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheese said:

I do, I can't see any other reason for the timing.  Nobody who doesn't get carried away by the occassional win honestly thought we'd get promoted this season did they?  I know I didn't believe JL's pronouncement that we had a "top 6 squad".

Fair do’s for thinking like that.

16 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

No I don’t have you anywhere near an anti Pearson screamer or massive critic

And you completely misread or have comprehended what I’ve said to you

You were noticeably extremely supportive of LJ and defended him throughout even when it was clear what was festering

(Personally I’m  not into blind faith or let’s just ‘hope’)

You are pretty quick to make snipes at or get restless about critics of LM , or considered and explained criticism of him , and appear pretty keen to defend him

I may of course , have simply missed any sort of similar supportive  posts of Pearson when he was here 

As for the screamers (Maybe whiners would have been better) who wanted him out - there were , and are many (Including some who now want Manning out amusingly) If you haven’t noticed them , then you aren’t looking too hard or choosing not to , and I do and will challenge them 

Some of those who wanted Pearson out, and now want Manning out because we’ve lost a few, are suddenly coming out as if they were always pro-Nige.  It’s hilarious.  I tend to scroll on by their comments.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, George Rs said:

Why do you blindly think Andy King can do a better job though? 

That’s my point, whilst things have been undoubtedly poor as a whole under manning we have still picked up points. If we take his average we’d get 9 more points by the end of the season which would make us safe from relegation. And then reevaluate. 

Im not saying keep him indefinitely, just don’t think anyone can do a better job is such a short space of time. 

Couldn't actually do any worse though could they.

• Thanks 1

Liam Manning lacks experience at this level, he does, however, have a wide range of coaching experience.  When he was approached was he told just how to play, tactic, formation etc, by the club. And did he agree before seeing the squad we had, their strengths and weaknesses. How many experienced managers would come into a club and turn it on its head right from the start? Not many I’m sure.

I’m also concerned as to whether he knows who he wants in the summer, that falls into our price range. If you cast your mind back to Cotts first summer window he traded his way to get the squad he wanted and needed to bring home 2 trophies. Does LM have the knowledge to do this and will he be allowed to by the board?

I don’t know if anyone agrees but to me he looks totally bereft of confidence in his TV interviews. His body language really highlights this, his head mainly down looking at his feet, and he struggles to look the interviewer in the eye. If he is lacking confidence that will rub off on a team that’s being told to play the “clubs way” If I’m honest I think this is a step too far too soon, not his fault. Add the manner of Pearson’s departure along side of the club saying we’ve a top 6 squad has added to the normal pressure of a new job.

Should he stay or be sacked? That’s a difficult one. Given money and a full pre-season to implant his identity on the squad he maybe a roaring success. But can we afford him the time this season if results don’t pick up.

The Ipswich game showed 2 sides of the man, we played well and for each other for large parts of the game, showing his style can work. But he highlighted his inexperience and poor game management by not using all his subs just to take time out of the game. King could have come on, the old warhorse type using up time here and there. Robert should have replaced Pring, who wasn’t having a great game but had run his heart out, when Wes Burns came on.We also had Mebude on the bench who may have given their defence something to think about. It’s all about small margins and knowing when to change thing and I’m not sure Liam has that at this moment in time.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And nor do I. And quite importantly I’m not sure SL would if we had to jettison Liam. I think the decision would go out of Brian’s hands pending him being busted down to academy or sacked himself due to how wrong he got this one.

Not sure I’d trust SL to get it right either mind!

there isn't anyone at the club with any football knowledge. What a bunch of numpties!

They can't pin it on the fans although they'll give it a go!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Manning will carry on for a bit yet, even if we lose Sunday. I wouldn’t rule out a sacking if he doesnt get a win soon and we drop into the bottom 3 in a few weeks time though.

some sort of caretaker couldn’t do worse than never winning 

depends what the atmosphere in the ground is like. I shall boo from my great nephew's 4th birthday party in Sutton Coldfield…

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

What are the comparative “challenges” you see that should’ve resulted in equal treatment?

For me, Nige inherited a mess and therefore needed a period of time to reset the club.

I don’t think/didn’t say that they’d faced comparative challenges. And yes, absolutely agree.

I certainly don’t want to be accused of dragging you, or anyone, into a Pearson distraction.. But the task before Pearson was much harder, with significantly greater challenges. Having mentioned him twice (I think) in a lengthy post, one of which was, in my opinion at least, to make the valid point that his exit (which is a different matter to Manning’s appointment) was handled terribly and has contributed to the mood, I’m surprised so many seem so keen to distract from the job Manning is doing..

I havent had a chance to read through the whole thread today but have seen some good posts.

The bottom line for me is that BT/JL take ownership of their decision. If Manning goes, they go. That’s not reality, of course, but Manning is merely a part, a currently failing part, of the direction of travel of the club/BT/JL. If they sack him now and start interviewing again (if they even bother, it’s only been four months..) are they suddenly asking different questions? Is the vision different? Does the profile of manager shift? Sacking him just feels a bit futile, for me. Pearson, or anyone of his ilk, isn’t getting the job under the current regime. So we’ll just keep recycling the mouthpiece until we find one which wins enough games to cover up the deficiencies.

Don’t let them hide from this. Make them accountable. Put the decision on their shoulders. What will be, will be.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

depends what the atmosphere in the ground is like. I shall boo from my great nephew's 4th birthday party in Sutton Coldfield…

Sounds like more fun than watching city at the moment!!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, S_C said:

I don’t think/didn’t say that they’d faced comparative challenges. And yes, absolutely agree.

I certainly don’t want to be accused of dragging you, or anyone, into a Pearson distraction.. But the task before Pearson was much harder, with significantly greater challenges. Having mentioned him twice (I think) in a lengthy post, one of which was, in my opinion at least, to make the valid point that his exit (which is a different matter to Manning’s appointment) was handled terribly and has contributed to the mood, I’m surprised so many seem so keen to distract from the job Manning is doing..

I havent had a chance to read through the whole thread today but have seen some good posts.

The bottom line for me is that BT/JL take ownership of their decision. If Manning goes, they go. That’s not reality, of course, but Manning is merely a part, a currently failing part, of the direction of travel of the club/BT/JL. If they sack him now and start interviewing again (if they even bother, it’s only been four months..) are they suddenly asking different questions? Is the vision different? Does the profile of manager shift? Sacking him just feels a bit futile, for me. Pearson, or anyone of his ilk, isn’t getting the job under the current regime. So we’ll just keep recycling the mouthpiece until we find one which wins enough games to cover up the deficiencies.

Don’t let them hide from this. Make them accountable. Put the decision on their shoulders. What will be, will be.

This is fair, the hierarchy need to come under real heat but Manning doesn't get a pass.

Barring a serious risk of the drop his future should be reviewed in the summer (IMO).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, red panda said:

Only 34 posts so far that explicitly mention Nige (I didn't pick those where the reference was only implicit, even if it was obvious)

I'm waiting with baited breath for a point to be made........

50 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

As i said in a previous post. After 10 matches next season, if we are not in the top 10. then he goes.

After having spunked whatever transfer budget was available ?

Not for me personally.

I can feasibly see us going down even if a positive spin of stats and history say otherwise the way we are heading.

I genuinely believe we have the worst "manager/coach in the division but typically the club would replace him with the **** wit Tinnion short term.

If we stay up reward him with the sack.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

After having spunked whatever transfer budget was available ?

Not for me personally.

I can feasibly see us going down even if a positive spin of stats and history say otherwise the way we are heading.

I genuinely believe we have the worst "manager/coach in the division but typically the club would replace him with the **** wit Tinnion short term.

If we stay up reward him with the sack.

Momentum is a powerful force and ours is going the wrong way.  I am absolutely not sitting comfortably waiting for the season to end.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

As i said in a previous post. After 10 matches next season, if we are not in the top 10. then he goes.

Too late I think.

We'd be in a more f'd up position than if we pull the plug now. You know, players go OOC and fixed up elsewhere, some of whom we might be better keeping, TC gone (sadly inevitable itable now I think), several new LM signings turning us in to a hybrid/disjointed team (more so than now with playing Knight out of position, and a single striker not reallysuited  to the role).

We've managed this season incompetently:  let's not do this next season.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, red panda said:

Only 34 posts so far that explicitly mention Nige (I didn't pick those where the reference was only implicit, even if it was obvious)

I think you might have missed one.

(psst! I'm only posting this to drive him mad whilst he's trying to find it).

Manning is not the cause of the problems at Bristol City. He is one of the symptoms.

It’s actually completely laughable that we’re so poorly run on the footballing side. How Lansdown is a billionaire is beyond me. There’s literally no experience or expertise at the highest level of this football club. 

We have a board that knows nothing about football. A technical director who knows how to run an academy but little else. A recruitment team that’s woefully under-equipped.

In short - it’s a recipe for disaster. And guess what - it’s happening right now. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Manning is not the cause of the problems at Bristol City. He is one of the symptoms.

It’s actually completely laughable that we’re so poorly run on the footballing side. How Lansdown is a billionaire is beyond me. There’s literally no experience or expertise at the highest level of this football club. 

We have a board that knows nothing about football. A technical director who knows how to run an academy but little else. A recruitment team that’s woefully under-equipped.

In short - it’s a recipe for disaster. And guess what - it’s happening right now. 

You missed out the Chairman who couldn’t chair an OAP party and an owner who has been fingering his arsehole for the last 10+ years. SHAMBLES!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I applaud my fellow Reds who travel away on a regular basis, especially given recent form and the not inconsiderable cost in time, money and resilience.

However, I will say that it goes some way to explaining why this level of support and loyalty has allowed those in charge to continually fall short of the targets which they themselves have publicly set, regardless of what the expectations or aspirations of the fan base might be.   

COYR!

I am not sure that LM see’s himself as being under development, or needing any development, or doing anything wrong.  His post match interviews may not be inspiring (I can live with that), but they also lack the level of accountability I would expect from the Coach.  The result is that he comes across a bit arrogant, as though there is nothing wrong with the coaching at all (a view/ theme that has appeared on a few posts).  

Surely the players watch the post match interviews (I know I would), and unless they are being told something entirely different, and even if they are, I can’t imagine them being too impressed.

First time post so tin hat on! 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Whatever one thinks of Manning, and I think he needs more time, City's support remains strong especially away from home where they're turning up in their droves. WBA is sold out and over 700 tickets sold for Argyle so far. 

You would expect good sales for both tbf but as you say, away support has been decent.

8 hours ago, Ian M said:

Awesome init. Don’t know why there’s so many dissenting voices.

IMG_2397.jpeg

On the positive side  7 of our remaining games are against teams in the bottom 10 in form.!,