IGNORED

FA Youth Cup - Match Thread

3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I heard a rumour Tinnion stormed into the dressing room at half time and told them they better start playing terrible boring football or else, then made them watch him take a massive shit (which he subsequently didn't flush)

Sounds more entertaining than our recent football tbf 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I heard a rumour Tinnion stormed into the dressing room at half time and told them they better start playing terrible boring football or else, then made them watch him take a massive shit (which he subsequently didn't flush)

To be fair, I did see them try and get into the “fional turd” a lot…

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The poster used the word education. At u18 players are educated. Educated with the intent players play for the XI.  At the U18 stage you would expect to see synergy in the football from the U18 's to the XI.  

Pleasing result. A difficult watch. 

Thats probably articulated better than mine!

Our Keeper looked decent. Well taken goal from Phillips (?) too. Composed right-sided centre back for us.

Generally though, Swindon - despite the result - seemed to have the better quality players/play. 

On to Man City. 

14 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Horrible bloke. Said he was broke selling shirts and was charging 50 quid for WHU tickets, yet questions when everyone outed him for doing so. In which he told me ‘Selling for a mate, its his price’. Told him to sell for face value and essentially where he could stick it, then he proceeded to find my familys social media and shit talking them. Strange, strange man.

Yep! 

So broke but attended over 100 games of football last season! I wish I was that broke! 

He's a grifter and always trying to rip our fans off. I think with the West Ham tickets he was buying them as they came available and then selling them on at 50 quid. 

Recently saw him offering to frame peoples shirts for 100 quid. You can buy the frames yourself for 40 quid. 

Wow! That lad got no morals. When I saw him trying to rip fans off I said to him "you're not one of us" and he blocked me 🤣🤣

55 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

In fairness, the first part of this has happened a few times with 18s & 21s I believe - not sure that’s in a typical technical directors remit!!

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

In fairness, the first part of this has happened a few times with 18s & 21s I believe - not sure that’s in a typical technical directors remit!!

Yes, I’ve heard he’s usurped the u21 coaches at half-time in the past.

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I remember Cotts doing that as well at U21 games. Some players even cried.

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He’s not a typical technical director though, is he?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, I’ve heard he’s usurped the u21 coaches at half-time in the past.

Had heard similar, not being funny but if it was someone with a good track record like a Nige or Warnock you would respect that…..what the heck has he achieved apart from a 7.1 defeat at Swansea?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Had heard similar, not being funny but if it was someone with a good track record like a Nige or Warnock you would respect that…..what the heck has he achieved apart from a 7.1 defeat at Swansea?

Yep, to storm in and say “the manager is watching, you’ve just blown your opportunity to impress him” didn’t seem to be a motivating factor did it?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, to storm in and say “the manager is watching, you’ve just blown your opportunity to impress him” didn’t seem to be a motivating factor did it?

I’m guessing the subtext was “the manager is watching, you’ve just blown your opportunity to make me look good “

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RedRock said:

Generally though, Swindon - despite the result - seemed to have the better quality players/play.

As noted above their 7 had very quick feet and looked the game pick.

I've no idea how youth footy works, except we're a cat higher, but I wonder if we could poach a player like that if we/they wanted?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to FA Youth Cup - Match Thread
8 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Will it be on robinstv?

To add to other replies, the QF was covered on the faplayer as well as RobinsTV, and there was an additional pitch side camera which wouldn't normally be part of the RobinsTV coverage. So maybe the FA led on the coverage?

There is no mention of live coverage yet on either the fa or Man City websites.

(Note, Man City streamed their QF on 'City+' and that costs £4.99 a month.)

Edited by Sleepy1968
sp

In tonight's Bristol Post James Piercy says it is the first time that City have reached the FA Youth Cup semi final. This is not true, City lost to Chelsea, the eventual winners, in 1959/60 losing both legs 3 - 0. I attended the home leg as a 12 year old having just moved to Ashton Road by the ground I got 4 autographs of the Chelsea team - Venables, Bonetti, Tambling and Dennis Harkness (I know - who!!!)

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

14 minutes ago, Red Moseley said:

In tonight's Bristol Post James Piercy says it is the first time that City have reached the FA Youth Cup semi final. This is not true, City lost to Chelsea, the eventual winners, in 1959/60 losing both legs 3 - 0. I attended the home leg as a 12 year old having just moved to Ashton Road by the ground I got 4 autographs of the Chelsea team - Venables, Bonetti, Tambling and Dennis Harkness (I know - who!!!)

As has been previously discussed many times on here, we also lost to Spurs in the semi in 1970 and to Ipswich in the final in 1973.

16 minutes ago, Red Moseley said:

If it is classified as the same competition then we got there in 1972/73

1972–73: Ipswich Town v. Bristol City (3–0 and 1–1, 4–1 aggregate)[edit]

4 hours ago, Red Moseley said:

I was also at the Chelsea match at Ashton Gate and still have the programme. We got Terry Bush, Jantzen Derrick, Brian Clark and Lou Peters as regular first teams and also Adrian Williams who played only one or two for the first team.

I also was at the Ipswich home game.

Would dearly like to be at Man City. Is it a one or two legs semi final?

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I was also at the Chelsea match at Ashton Gate and still have the programme. We got Terry Bush, Jantzen Derrick, Brian Clark and Lou Peters as regular first teams and also Adrian Williams who played only one or two for the first team.

I also was at the Ipswich home game.

Would dearly like to be at Man City. Is it a one or two legs semi final?

One off game.

The final would be at AG in the unlikely event that we win.