IGNORED

FA Youth Cup - Match Thread

6 hours ago, Red Moseley said:

In tonight's Bristol Post James Piercy says it is the first time that City have reached the FA Youth Cup semi final. This is not true, City lost to Chelsea, the eventual winners, in 1959/60 losing both legs 3 - 0. I attended the home leg as a 12 year old having just moved to Ashton Road by the ground I got 4 autographs of the Chelsea team - Venables, Bonetti, Tambling and Dennis Harkness (I know - who!!!)

Glad they do there research shows what knowledge people have got of our club.

1 hour ago, Malago said:

One off game.

The final would be at AG in the unlikely event that we win.

I'm not saying the Man City lads are good, but their recent form is WWWWWWWWWW (all comps). The most recent game is on the left hand side, no right hand side, no  ...

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Street red said:

Glad they do there research shows what knowledge people have got of our club.

TBH the Club aren't great with the junior teams, even announcing games on the day. 

I wouldn't be surprised if our media team didn't supply the info.

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Big game tomorrow, I would argue the biggest game for the club until next August now!!

GOOD LUCK TO OUR BOYS!

How many are going?

What are the watching listening options?!

Don't know about watching, but there is a full commentary on BBC Sport website.

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Thanks NTTDS.  We should keep this near the top of the page for tune in purposes!

Today could be a defining moment in not only fledgling careers but also for Brian Tinnion (who has probably rightfully been vilified over Pearson’s sacking), the entire academy and HPC and the bringing in of Mbude to cover our kids on the bench while they try and get themselves a Youth Cup final. 

When you look at past players/winners (BT included) you get a sense for how big this game could be/is. 

COYRs 

I'm quite surprised that this thread isn't getting more engagement.

This is the pinnacle of our season. Our appearance in the semi-finals of the U18 FA Youth Cup is the apotheosis of 20+ years of investment and planning from the Lansdowns. 

This is what everyone at the club has sacrificed everything for this season. This showdown, this festival of football, it's what it's all about. Win this and we're in with a chance of hosting the final and capturing the attention of literally three football journalists.

I simply cannot wait to be vaguely aware of what's possibly happening on Pitch 14 of the Etihad Campus and will absolutely have this on in the background when I do the boy's bedtime tonight, and when I'm washing up after supper, and when I'm out for a run.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Facepalm 1

54 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm quite surprised that this thread isn't getting more engagement.

This is the pinnacle of our season. Our appearance in the semi-finals of the U18 FA Youth Cup is the apotheosis of 20+ years of investment and planning from the Lansdowns. 

This is what everyone at the club has sacrificed everything for this season. This showdown, this festival of football, it's what it's all about. Win this and we're in with a chance of hosting the final and capturing the attention of literally three football journalists.

I simply cannot wait to be vaguely aware of what's possibly happening on Pitch 14 of the Etihad Campus and will absolutely have this on in the background when I do the boy's bedtime tonight, and when I'm washing up after supper, and when I'm out for a run.

But don't forget this is what Man City have been working to all season too. Although I do suspect the tall blond Norwegian kid they are fielding up-front is lying about his age. 

• Like 1

Thank God the co commentator finally acknowledged he should stop calling one of them City. Main commentator seems more than happy to keep doing so.