IGNORED

Liam Manning Swansea Press Conference

2 hours ago, JP Hampton said:

You may well be right, but taking that comment in light of his comments about players being at fault, it’s very easy to see, why that interpretation might be the first one. 

The fact we’ve not really seen him (in the games we’re losing) make any effective changes tactically , it again adds weight to his comment. Subbing players seems to be a by the clock event, not necessarily a tactical move well if it is, it’s lost on me  and again adds to his comment.
 So whereas you may be proved right in the future, for now, that seems to me to be a pretty reasonable interpretation of the comment, given all the above.  

Not really sure what the second part in bold has to do with LM’s performance?

Because I think a lot of the vitriol on this forum towards him is based on the fact that Pearson was treated badly, which is nothing to do with Manning whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

28 minutes ago, Street red said:

Is it me or does he have a smugness about him

The air of a man that thinks he knows more than all of us and we are mere observers.

An over-complicator and over-thinking analyser.

Does not look at league tables, does not listen to fans, does not show emotion or passion.

Strikes me as a type that has almost forgotten that football is about scoring more goals than the other team and may be happy with a series of 1-0 defeats for eternity as long as “principles, behaviours, passages of play, and press-points” were adhered to in line with his coaching ethos.

Coming across as pretty unrelatable and in complete conflict to what our club needed and needs right now.

Unreal mis-read by our shambles of a hierarchy.

• Like 8

As ever, and has been said, context is important. The key passage starts from 11:45 apx where Liam says “The players..they get the support, they get the work they get the detail and the shift I’ve  seen is the players taking accountability. We try to give them everything on setups on corners and goalkicks but the second the game starts it’s very hard for me to effect things in game 

And genuinely, it isn’t - again, that’s literally his job.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Does not look at league tables, does not listen to fans, does not show emotion or passion.

I do worry about a re-appearance of the grassometer pretty soon.

We do lurch from man-managers - Cotts and Nige -  to technoheads - SoD, LJ and Manning - with alarming regularity. 

Warnock next maybes to continue the sequence? 

Edited by RedRock
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

Because I think a lot of the vitriol on this forum towards him is based on the fact that Pearson was treated badly, which is nothing to do with Manning whatsoever.

That is not true in my opinion . You disagree . But I look at Manning as Manning . He is hopelessly out of his depth . I cannot see how that is linked to Pearson . I do not understand how Pearson made him inept or inadequate . Is Pearson still controlling the team ? Now that would be surreal . 

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As ever, and has been said, context is important. The key passage starts from 11:45 apx where Liam says “The players..they get the support, they get the work they get the detail and the shift I’ve  seen is the players taking accountability. We try to give them everything on setups on corners and goalkicks but the second the game starts it’s very hard for me to effect things in game 

And genuinely, it isn’t - again, that’s literally his job.

What an absolute ***.

He knows hes unsackable

Sick of the Lansdowns.

Driving home after a match I have been known to pull over before I get to the far side of the Mendip’s to listen to the post match interview - have to say I’ve listened to Mannings boring drivel once only! Once the RB signal dies away I put some music on - I hate arriving home in a bad mood!

Edited by Wrongagain

54 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

The air of a man that thinks he knows more than all of us and we are mere observers.

Strikes me as a type that has almost forgotten that football is about scoring more goals than the other team and may be happy with a series of 1-0 defeats for eternity as long as “principles, behaviours, passages of play, and press-points” were adhered to in line with his coaching ethos.

Coming across as pretty unrelatable and in complete conflict to what our club needed and needs right now.

He’s the epitome of everything that’s wrong with “modern managers”. Thinks footballs played in excel and forgets it’s arguably the simplest game in the world and that’s why we all love it. 

Gimme someone like Big Ange and his “I’d rather win 4-3 than 1-0, mate” over Manning and the spreadsheet crew any day of the week. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo76 said:

Yea being annoyed with 23 points from 21 games is fully down to the fact Pearson was treated badly. 

• Like 3

If you were sat in a changing room listening to that boring **** how would that inspire you to play for him. 

Basically he can't effect the game and blames everyone but himself.

Blokes out of his depth and must be replaced as soon as. Is he really going to take this club forward.

There's only one way he's taking us. If not this season then nailed on next season.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, TomThumb84 said:

LJ was similar but fans gave him space because of the ex player link. Manning has no history or connection with the fans and majority didn’t want him appointed so interviews like this don’t help, he’s not coming across well at all and if we feel that way, what about the players? He needs to go, he is not the answer. 

Owners again fail to learn from past mistakes. Whole club is a mess structure wise when Nige did so much to get us on track. Manning out. 

He's the polar opposite of Pearson. 

The fans bought into Pearson because he spoke sense. His press conferences were like speaking to your knowledgeable mate at the pub. We could all understand and see what he was trying to do with the team and the club. No clichés, no 'coaching' speak.

Manning is the opposite, its really sad that it's got to this.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

What he was really saying is:

“When the opposition manager changes their team and tactics midway through the match, it’s not my fault that I didn’t consider that option. I can’t be expected to respond to that because that’s not what I planned for. So it’s down to the players to take responsibility for dealing with those changes and if they don’t, it’s their fault not mine.”

In other words, I have no Plan B. But then that’s been pretty obvious since he took over!

6 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Defeat to Swansea this weekend, and it could be (should be) Manning's swansong.

If ever there was a "must win",  this is it.

No excuses.

No if's, no but's or maybe's.

Won't be though.

2 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

He’s the epitome of everything that’s wrong with “modern managers”. Thinks footballs played in excel and forgets it’s arguably the simplest game in the world and that’s why we all love it. 

Gimme someone like Big Ange and his “I’d rather win 4-3 than 1-0, mate” over Manning and the spreadsheet crew any day of the week. 

Don't shatter my dreams… please! 😝😝😝

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

"Like being managed by a robot "

If the club plan to stick with him they at least need to send him on some urgent media training to at least try and va va vroom a glimmer of charisma into him

- I can’t impact the game once the players go on the pitch…..You’re literally the best person in the whole stadium and football club to be able to do that 😂

- fan interaction - at least pretend you care and make an effort to explain or engage more than saying you can’t control it.  Again, you can…you have the platform in pre and post match press conference’s

He just comes across with an arrogance of someone who believes they’ve written the masterplan and absolves all blame if it doesn’t work 

12 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

No. He didn't say that.

Problem is, he did. Actually said, we can set the players up for free kicks, corners, thrown ins etc, but when on the pitch he can’t affect it.

He’s clearly not saying he can’t affect a game with substitutions or changing formations etc, but what he is saying is, we’ve set the players up and it’s not our fault if they don’t do it.

So he’s blaming a top 6 quality squad of players, to divert failings away from himself. 

Shades of Johnson, as is comments like the processes are more important than the outcomes. 

He also thinks we are going in the right direction (in terms of processes not outcomes, obviously). In other words he’s saying that he’s improving the “processes” that the previous manager had in place. I’d really like the interviewer to drill down into that and ask him what he’s improving relative to the previous manager.

I do agree with @Jimbo76 some of the criticism and negativity is OTT, but fact is blaming players and talking in coaching manual riddles is not a great way to win over the fans.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Problem is, he did. Actually said, we can set the players up for free kicks, corners, thrown ins etc, but when on the pitch he can’t affect it.

He’s clearly not saying he can’t affect a game with substitutions or changing formations etc, but what he is saying is, we’ve set the players up and it’s not our fault if they don’t do it.

Not defending it, as I think it was a silly thing to say, or at least a silly way to say it.

Over the years I have seen plenty of good , even top , Managers say " as soon as they cross the white line it's down to the players" . Pearson said he wanted the players to take responsibility on the pitch . 
It's similar , but Mannings way of saying it comes across as deflecting blame . 

It seems to have gone from US , to them and Me .

• Like 2