IGNORED

FGR

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

Last two results against Walsall and Bradford have been impressive, as both of those teams hadn't lost in 5. 

Sadly Grimsby won tonight as well. 

Hope Cotts keeps em up. 

Fair play Spud, you've 💯 changed your opinion of Cotts from when he came to us as manager😁

I've got quite a good memory, glad you have seen sense 😉👍

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Watched on a stream tonight. 
It was serious backs to the wall stuff. 
Took the lead after 45 seconds and it was basically a defensive wall for the rest of the game. 
I watch a fair bit of FGR and I’ll tell you for sure - since Cotts has arrived there is a very clear difference in how bloody hard these lads are working. 
They still lack quality, but flip me, they are working their nuts off. 

I think it says a lot about my current mood that I cheered Doidge’s goal tonight more than I cheered our goal v Swansea on Sunday!! 

Give me Cotts over Manning ball any day of the week. 

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Fair play Spud, you've 💯 changed your opinion of Cotts from when he came to us as manager😁

I've got quite a good memory, glad you have seen sense 😉👍

He's the right manager for FGR right now imo @Frenchay Red

I see managers as being the right fit at the right time for Clubs. 

I won't go over well documented stuff from the past re his time here...I know I'm in a minority on that aspect. 

However...I said  before FGR appointed him, that he was exactly the type of manager to keep them up in that Division. I hope he does. 

1 minute ago, spudski said:

He's the right manager for FGR right now imo @Frenchay Red

I see managers as being the right fit at the right time for Clubs. 

I won't go over well documented stuff from the past re his time here...I know I'm in a minority on that aspect. 

However...I said  before FGR appointed him, that he was exactly the type of manager to keep them up in that Division. I hope he does. 

Fair enough👍

I also think he was the right one for us at the time. Harshly treated and from my experience a lovely guy to chat with.

Anyway, back on track, I wish him all the best at FGR and hope he does what seemed the impossible not long ago.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

I watch a fair bit of FGR and I’ll tell you for sure - since Cotts has arrived there is a very clear difference in how bloody hard these lads are working. 

I think it says a lot about my current mood that I cheered Doidge’s goal tonight more than I cheered our goal v Swansea on Sunday!! 

Yes mate, man management, players will as they say run through walls for him. Why? He gives, rather than takes, the credit.

7 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Harshly treated and from my experience a lovely guy to chat with.

Only limited, but my experience too.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

Watched on a stream tonight. 
It was serious backs to the wall stuff. 
Took the lead after 45 seconds and it was basically a defensive wall for the rest of the game. 

Similar on Saturday as well. He’s finding a way though and fair play to him 

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Can’t believe Forest Green ******* Rovers have the blessing of Steve Cotterill in charge, with Umbro as kit manufacturer too. 

******* joke. Save some happiness & luck for the rest of us. 

Dale Vince shared a Chateaubriand with Cotts post-match…I heard!

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Is Carey still assistant?

No

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Dale Vince shared a Chateaubriand with Cotts post-match…I heard!

No

Just checked. Inherited David Kelly from Deeneys reign.

Bizarrely, was assistant to a certain Paul Simpson, at Preston.

Steve Cotterill is an incredibly talented football manager who unfortunately has never really caught the break that would see him hit the heights that his skills -for me - undoubtedly deserves. He has either suffered from being a firefighter or not backed to the extent he deserves when he has brought success. I think he’s criminally underrated. 

one of SL’s biggest regrets, what ifs, and sleepless nights should be ‘if I just backed him immediately after promotion’. That’s the Ipswich model mate 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 11
  • Flames 3

7 minutes ago, 38MC said:

Steve Cotterill is an incredibly talented football manager who unfortunately has never really caught the break that would see him hit the heights that his skills -for me - undoubtedly deserves. He has either suffered from being a firefighter or not backed to the extent he deserves when he has brought success. I think he’s criminally underrated. 

I concur with this. He hasn't got the breaks he deserves in the game, would argue similar about NP too but anyway.. 

..I remember when we appointed him opinion was split to some degree, there were fears that his tsxrics maybe a bit basic, May be past reputation unfairly tarnished etc. I'll admit I was a bit unenthused when he was appointed.

How wrong I was, how great he was but I do recall a guy I know from Cheltenham who wasn't a Cheltenham fan but who remembers him from his stint there lauding him, talking up his tactics, his ethos. Praising him greatly and basically saying we were onto a good thing.

How right he was, so many positives from the Cotts era.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Now somebody tell me Lee frickin Johnson or Liam borefest Manning is a better man manager than this guy.

Lansdowns, be ashamed of yourselves.

Players play for him no matter how crap they are couldave saved lansdown millions instead of giving it to his prodical son .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He was too outspoken, like Nigel for our board. Such a shame, we have done well when we haven’t had yes men. 

True he tends to like boring bullshitters as managers his loss and ours

Edited by Cityboy1954
  • Like 1