IGNORED

FGR

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

See you there 🤣

Where do you park Harry?

I used the park and ride. It worked well going up to the ground, but we were left queuing for 20 mins afterwards to get back down the hill of doom....

44 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I was just thinking the same, more appealing than watch us likely get comfortably beaten as usual at West Brom.

Shame that I don't drive, because it's almost impossible to get to on public transport. 

Otherwise I would be sorely tempted.

37 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Where do you park Harry?

I used the park and ride. It worked well going up to the ground, but we were left queuing for 20 mins afterwards to get back down the hill of doom....

I come in from Charfield, drive down the country lane through Nymptsfield and park on the side of the lane. So I don’t even make it as far as the little roundabout outside the ground. 
20 minute drive, 1 minute walk. Nice and easy. 

21 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Where dya live? Maybe sweet @Harry can give you a lift! 😇

I would happily have done so, except …….

18 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Clifton. 

But I am also in the pub trade, so need some notice. 

The football gods seem to be spurning me. 🤣

……..Except I’m in Charfield and wouldn’t be passing through Clifton. 
If you could get to Yate or Thornbury I’d happily give you a lift 

Edited by Harry

Just now, Harry said:

I come in from Charfield, drove down the country lane through Nymptsfield and park on the side of the lane. So I don’t even make it as far as the little roundabout outside the ground. 
20 minute drive, 1 minute walk. Nice and easy. 

I would happily have done so, except …….

……..Except I’m in Charfield and wouldn’t be passing through Clifton. 
If you could get to Yate or Thornbury I’d happily give you a lift 

Thanks. 

Unlikely. But I appreciate the offer. 👍

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I am sorely tempted to take the kids this Saturday. 

@Harry don’t suppose you’d be kind enough to mark up on a map where your little lane is, for a quick getaway. 

Nope 🤣

it’s very limited availability 😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Where do you park Harry?

Watched us play there in a few pre season friendlies, always parked just opposite in housing estate on one side of road, was a few years ago could be changed by now;

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

@Harry don’t suppose you’d be kind enough to mark up on a map where your little lane is, for a quick getaway. 

google fgr new lawn, get the little man to face fgr entrance turn him around go accross mini r about, parking all down one side of road opposite housing estate, Harry will know if its now double yellows now or not now, but have parked there when I`ve been, flat short walk to ground and on site food drink, prob best to get there early though, standing or sitting in their little stand

1 hour ago, Harry said:

But I’ll give you a clue. 
Coming from Nymptsfield, along Nymptsfield Road; and don’t get as far as the ground. 

sorry to be pedantic but no t in Nympsfield, there was on site parking as well when I last went there but that was a friendly not league game, also would be slow getting away.

Still working all around Stroud Valleys inc Painswick wouldnt move back to Bristol for the world, way to manic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Allegedly SC will receive £20k for every game he's been in charge if he keeps them up. 

I'm sure he's not doing it for the money, he comes over as relishing the challenge and wanting to use his knowledge to help them and the young players and I think he wants to work with good people.

He will have earned the money if he keeps them up though, they were absolutely gone when Deeney left.

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I'm sure he's not doing it for the money, he comes over as relishing the challenge and wanting to use his knowledge to help them and the young players and I think he wants to work with good people.

He will have earned the money if he keeps them up though, they were absolutely gone when Deeney left.

I realise that fella...but a nice incentive non the less..

On 12/03/2024 at 20:02, Kodjias Wrist said:

Why are Bradford still down there ? I know they have cheap tickets etc or at least they did 10/15 years ago but still get huge crowds in that league. Surely they should be up there more? When’s the last time they were in league one 5 season ago? 

I think it's a hangover from their time in the Prem. It wasn't always like that for decades they used to average 3-4 k and park Avenue even less , Bradford Northern ( not that Bulls bullshit) were top attraction then at Odsell .

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

You won't get a quick getaway from FGR if you leave and go down the hill into Nailsworth. 

The road from FGR to Nympsfield is pretty much a pot holed single lane with small tracks into fields or property. 

The roads around the ground are all coned off by the police. 

You could try the roads off of Barn field Road. Or if you don't mind a stroll up the hill, park near the George Inn. Good local friendly pub that does pizzas and used as an away pub. Always get friendly conversations with the  fans in there on match day. 

On leaving ..don't use A46...go through Nympsfield and head towards Froster hill or towards Wotton Under Edge. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

You won't get a quick getaway from FGR if you leave and go down the hill into Nailsworth. 

The road from FGR to Nympsfield is pretty much a pot holed single lane with small tracks into fields or property. 

The roads around the ground are all coned off by the police. 

You could try the roads off of Barn field Road. Or if you don't mind a stroll up the hill, park near the George Inn. Good local friendly pub that does pizzas and used as an away pub. Always get friendly conversations with the  fans in there on match day. 

On leaving ..don't use A46...go through Nympsfield and head towards Froster hill or towards Wotton Under Edge. 

but dont go down Froster Hill been closed for a fortnight.... landslide

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Yep. I watched the Walsall game back on EFL TV. 
Reyes did make some good saves and of course the penalty, but he just scares the hell out of me when the ball is on the air. 
Bunker is usually played at DM and is usually technically good but does have the odd lapse. His size is useful though. Cotts has played him at RCB in most games so far but he does change it up and puts him back into DM too. Versatility. He’s had a good season to be for to him. 
Doidge has made a good impact up top - as you say, more as that willing runner as much as anything. McAllister is the most technically gifted player they have but he does need to get his head up sometimes. 
I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Osadebe too. Wasn’t sure about him when he signed but he’s putting in some bloody good shifts and was good defensively last night too. 
Cotts definitely had them organised and playing for each other (and basically playing for their league status). 

Yep. Huge game this week v Sutton. I’d usually only do FGR if they kick off at a different time, but this week I might forego watching our stream v West Brom and head up the road for Sutton instead. Huge game. 

5 hours ago, Harry said:

See you there 🤣

watch this space😉

14 minutes ago, mason said:

see their website...suppose so:dunno:

thanks, i just checked again and opened my eyes a bit further👍 yes i can but check availability first. might get our secretary to get me one tomorrow. was hoping to go with some friends soon anyway and definitely going to one game this season with my head of comms

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, redsquirrel said:

thanks, i just checked again and opened my eyes a bit further👍 yes i can but check availability first. might get our secretary to get me one tomorrow. was hoping to go with some friends soon anyway and definitely going to one game this season with my head of comms

yes me to, have never paid to watch any team that didnt involve BCFC this will be a first for me, sometime v soon. Not to keen on the vegan thing but SC trumps that

If you're even half-fit, the best place to park is Nailsworth centre, around the bus station and walk up Spring Hill. It's steep but not that bad, so it is good exercise and will take about 15 mins. After the game, it's almost always quicker to walk back down the hill than to drive.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mason said:

yes me to, have never paid to watch any team that didnt involve BCFC this will be a first for me, sometime v soon. Not to keen on the vegan thing but SC trumps that

im away on 29th april so that leaves fri 29 march,good friday,and sat 6th april for me. im hoping to meet red oxo this year so as soon as i know when that could be,we could get a group going. there are a few more on here id love to meet too, would we get away with a bcfc on tour collective there??  id imagine m5 will be bad on good friday. and btw, im very much wanting to try the grubbage, heard good things about it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mason said:

the way i see it,he deserves my support more than the shower of shite down bs3