IGNORED

When to do it

Dredd

Let's hypothetically say that the board have seen enough, decided Manning isn't the man for us and want to make a change for next season. Let's also assume in this scenario that we aren't going down. When do they make the change? We've got some key players out of contract next season, and a new guy is going to want to cast an eye over the squad to see who he wants next season and where he thinks the gaps are. So at what point do we think it's going to happen? Would it be the summer with the all knowing recruitment team deciding James/Williams/King aren't getting new deals and the new guy has to accept that? Doesn't seem ideal to me but I've felt for a while there's meddling from above going into the squad. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

11 days til our next game.

Absolutely no point in keeping him here and seeing if we can fluke a result against Leicester.

It would just be very Bristol City to sack him after losing to Leicester. 

Just do it now. There would be less disruption doing it now.

Season is over for us now so time to look ahead to next season. Get a new guy in and then he's got til the end of the season to analyse the squad and build some momentum going into next season. 

It’s far to logical to do it now’ it’s not how we work.

• Like 1

In the hierarchys opinion he is the new guy, he is being given time to look at the squad, he will be allowed to bring in new players and he will get a pre-season and 3 months of next season.

And in October when were in a relegation fight and crowds are down to 10-12k it will be the right time to take decisive action and reconsider the new direction that the club want to go in.

Welcome to Groundhog Season Bristol City style  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

He’s not going until we are in the bottom 3 and looking like a gap is starting to appear. Even then they might try to tell us that he’d be the best man to get us out of league 1. Getting rid before that is admitting they’ve got it wrong. 

• Like 1

No chance is he being sacked anytime soon after them making such a big thing of getting rid of Nige and bringing in there self described super coach who can manage this top 6 squad.

Would be far too much egg on JL and BT’s faces for them to sack Captain Mannering so soon. They’ll double down in the summer and pray to the footballing gods for a miracle turnaround.

Edited by Show Me The Money!
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Absolutely no point in keeping him here and seeing if we can fluke a result against Leicester.

Season is over for us now so time to look ahead to next season. Get a new guy in and then he's got til the end of the season to analyse the squad and build some momentum going into next season. 

I fully appreciate your right to comment, but I've been in your position plenty of times with previous managers. The anger consumes you eventually, and becomes depressing. You're entitled to tell me to do one, but I just wanted to post this for you and others. Respectfully yours, Mark Tovey

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 3

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

True. Maybe “One Day (He’ll) Fly Away”

That’s Randy Crawford (what a voice), I think we’re getting our Randys mixed up, which is definitely a Carry On sketch..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

That’s Randy Crawford (what a voice), I think we’re getting our Randys mixed up, which is definitely a Carry On sketch..

Ah it is - I read Crawford for some reason!

Crawford, Newman…is there a Randy Pritchard?

• Haha 1

OK - here is the solution that JL needs to consider: 1. Sack Manning and "Hoggy".  2. Appoint Andy King as manager.  3. Persuade Nige to come back as a "consultant manager" to help King to establish himself. 4. Apologise to the fans for bogging up the season - he could call it an "honest" mistake (and he might even believe it). 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

24 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not going to happen  Seagull. I posted previously that the hierarchy won’t want more egg on their faces after sacking Nige with a flimsy explanation.

SLs strategy is ‘stability and sustainability’ and changing a manager so soon after appointing him goes against the former.

I think it's going to need a result of Tinnion/Swansea proportions to get him out this season. Nothing short of a footballing earthquake that humiliates him and the club. Leicester could put 3 or 4 past us, the stands could be a seething cauldron of pi$$ and vinegar and the club will just see it as part of the pain of rebuilding.

I think we're stuck until at least the autumn.

People need to start not going. It's OK saying you've had enough, the football's crap etc but the Lansdowns won't wake up until there's 12k in the stands. They're businessmen not football people.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

15 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

No chance is he being sacked anytime soon after them making such a big thing of getting rid of Nige and bringing in there self described super coach who can manage this top 6 squad.

Would be far too much egg on JL and BT’s faces for them to sack Captain Mannering so soon. They’ll double down in the summer and pray to the footballing gods for a miracle turnaround.

This for me unfortunately sounds the most plausible way that i can see it going. We have seen them double down before and blindly just think that throwing money at it will help the situation, rarely does in football.

The only other way i feel the trigger could be pulled is if we get an absolute thumping by somebody especially if it's at home. Without ever wanting to see City get beat if Leicester pumping us on Friday is the catalyst to make SL act then i wouldn't be against it - as horrendous as that is to admitt..

• Like 1