IGNORED

When to do it

Dredd

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Plymouth & Sunderland are both in abysmal form, a team doing well they would relish these fixtures..

Yes but they will see us a a game they can win and i cant see us getting anything from these games we always bottle games we think are easier

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, red panda said:

I'd suggest there are only three reasons - the dire no entertainment football, the dire no entertainment football, and the dire no entertainment football.  Plus no discernible grounds for optimism, no evidence of a corner being turned, etc

Most of the others are subjective and arguable.  For example we haven't really been "hurtling" down the league, and there have been occasions when his subs have scored and/or created goals.  And if you want inspiring interviews then let's appoint George Galloway, he'd do less harm here than in the House of Commons!

TBF Galloway couldn’t be much worse than Manning in terms of points per game in the last 6 games!

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Can people stop stupidly recommending andy King please its ridiculous 

He's probably not the messiah but its not as ridiculous as sacking Pearson and replacing him with Manning.

• Like 7
  • Flames 10

Think we could lose 5-6 of the final 8 and he'll still be here.

The fragile egos of the hierarchy are much more important to them than the performance of the club they are custodians and employees of. 

Only way he goes is if we get smashed to bits in a few home games and it gets super toxic but still I can't see them making a change. They are more likely to double down on it. It's "his club", he'll do what he wants.

Fair enough if you think he goes before the seasons out but I think he's getting the nest-egg in the summer and we'll regress again.

Level of excitement with the quality of football is on par with SOD. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

My only observation is to compare and contrast how recent Head Coaches have been treated.

Lee Johnson was kept on despite being Mr Streaky because of his previous relationship with the club and the Lansdowns. That said eventually enough was enough even with him.

Dean Holden was appointed after this supposed worldwide search for the best person for the job and lo and behold it was given to the guy who had been the caretaker after the previous sacking. However despite  a very promising start, the wheels fell off for Holden, and when results had been poor for some time and relegation was a real risk, he was sacked, even though only months earlier he had been feted as the best thing since sliced bread!

As far as Liam Manning is concerned, my observation is that he is on borrowed time. Lansdown Snr will want to see something in the next few games that convinces him that the nest egg is worth sharing with Manning to some degree. The idea of a new young coach “playing the modern progressive way” may have appealed back in October, but if now the likely price tag in purchases and contracts to play that way is high, while in the interim the results are poor and the supporters are up in arms at the “style” of play, plus what it may be doing negatively for Conway’s valuation in the summer transfer window, a different answer may be drawn quite quickly.

• Like 10

Manning was brought here by our manager select committee, consisting of Tinnion and Jon approved by Stephen no doubt. Anyone really think they will pick a better one next time?

All 3 will be convinced still, they have chosen well and will be in no hurry to change that, or listen to/read what us fans think; they will go their own way because they can.

Need something headline making like; walk out then return sometime during the game even for a few mins, other suggestions made elsewhere make them turn their heads at least; do nothing everything stays the same.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Only way he goes is if we get smashed to bits in a few home games and it gets super toxic but still I can't see them making a change. 

Well that's what happened when Mclnnes was sacked, during an abysmal 0-4 performance at home against - coincidentally - Leicester the AG crowd turned on the Lansdowns with loads of derogatory chanting against the 'board', and loads of insults being aimed at them for not taking action, they were of course more exposed then at the front of the Williams and some long standing (and long suffering) fans in the Lower Williams were giving them both barrels.

McInnes was gone by 6 o'clock.

So - Lansdown Season Ticket holders , you know what to do!

Edited by CodeRed

3 minutes ago, westonred said:

I think the board will see just how many people are not renewing their season tickets by mid April and will be forced to make a change

How many do you think? few hundred a 1000 even they wont be too bothered.

44 minutes ago, westonred said:

Yes but they will see us a a game they can win and i cant see us getting anything from these games we always bottle games we think are easier

Beat LIECS  lose to Plymouth/Sunderland....the City way...hate to mention Southamton but long time unbeaten, till we played them, mind you Millwall did the same down there straight after.

8 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Well that's what happened when Mclnnes was sacked, during an abysmal 0-4 performance at home against - coincidentally - Leicester the AG crowd turned on the Lansdowns with loads of derogatory chanting against the 'board', and loads of insults being aimed at them for not taking action, they were of course more exposed then at the front of the Williams and some long standing (and long suffering) fans in the Lower Williams were giving them both barrels.

McInnes was gone by 6 o'clock.

So - Lansdown Season Ticket holders , you know what to do!

The Lansdown seems the least likely City stand of all time to begin an insurrection/revolt.

*Highest ticket prices.

*Kids tickets upstairs

*Corporate Areas

Etc.

Probably more priced out than the Williams a decade ago.

1 hour ago, Super said:

And what happens if a new man comes in and we lose every remaining game? No doubt you'll be calling for him to go as well.

Not sure unreasonable to call for a manager/coach to go if they’re losing every game. Ferguson was mentioned by someone as starting slowly at Man U, but he had won a European trophy beating Real Madrid, so wasn’t lacking a decent cv to give confidence that things might turn around. 

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I actually think the vast majority of the criticism Manning's received has been focused purely on his competency as a football manager. Granted, there's been a bit more content than necessary about him coming across as "boring", which IMHO isn't a particularly important critereon on which to assess him.

It's nowhere near as bad as some of the personal insults thrown at LJ and Pearson though

Like what? Pearson is treated like a god on here 

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Think there were plenty of derogatory comments over his tenure.  I won’t bring up one accusation that came up several times.

Robot / Boring is no different to Dinosaur is it?

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

This.....

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think there were plenty of derogatory comments over his tenure.  I won’t bring up one accusation that came up several times.

Robot / Boring is no different to Dinosaur is it?

Lots of comments referring to his age - old, dinosaur, etc etc

I also recall him being accused of being "boring", "grumpy" and "a bully".

Unfortunately, we even had a few unsympathetic comments regarding his health, not to mention the bizarre accusation which Dave has alluded to.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

This.....

Lots of comments referring to his age - old, dinosaur, etc etc

I also recall him being accused of being "boring", "grumpy" and "a bully".

Unfortunately, we even had a few unsympathetic comments regarding his health, not to mention the bizarre accusation which Dave has alluded to.

Spot on, some very short memories here.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Can you blame me? At the moment, all you hear is how amazing he was 

Don’t think I’ve heard anyone say he was amazing’ there’s just a lot of people who understand what a good job he done in a absolute shit storm he came into’ there’s still fans out the who don’t get what a mess we were in.

• Like 10
  • Flames 8

1 minute ago, Glen hump said:

Don’t think I’ve heard anyone say he was amazing’ there’s just a lot of people who understand what a good job he done in a absolute shit storm he came into’ there’s still fans out the who don’t get what a mess we were in.

This. The nonsense spouted on here, by a few, about ‘cult of Nige’ is ridiculous (sometimes weak attempts at gaslighting). I haven’t seen a single poster imply he was perfect/didn’t make mistakes, just quite a few who can see he did a very decent job through some very difficult circumstances. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

This. The nonsense spouted on here, by a few, about ‘cult of Nige’ is ridiculous (sometimes weak attempts at gaslighting). I haven’t seen a single poster imply he was perfect/didn’t make mistakes, just quite a few who can see he did a very decent job through some very difficult circumstances. 

The bloke seems to be mentioned in almost every post at the moment, and there are people talking about chanting his name at the next home game :laugh:

• Flames 2

4 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Indeed, there was at least the feeling of an upward momentum, togetherness and identity.  Was it rough getting there? Yeah, was the improvement rapid enough? 50/50 on that.  

It did feel like the pieces were in place, the hard yards completed and then....

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

No, that’s just you exaggerating.  Most comments are what I would call “respectful”, did a good job type stuff.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

The bloke seems to be mentioned in almost every post at the moment, and there are people talking about chanting his name at the next home game :laugh:

That chant just makes a very good point to the board and very apt given the Leicester connection. Plus it's natural to compare a very good experienced manager to what appears to be a coaching fraud…

• Like 7

3 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think it's very toxic on here. I've lost count of the threads slagging Manning off - and many of the comments have been personal

Reflects precisely what I see and hear from those around me at Ashton Gate.

What do you expect from fans who have been lied to, ignored and shafted?

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, that’s just you exaggerating.  Most comments are what I would call “respectful”, did a good job type stuff.

On This and this.

If anything with Liam, myself and many other posters have actively avoided comparing him to Nige, to the point where I’ve written posts and edited them to take out anything that could be seen as a comparative.

The reason Liam is getting grief (and it’s not personal abuse it’s down to what he’s saying and doing) is because he’s failing. Badly. And the only people who seem to have brought up Nige to compare against Liam are those who are defending LMs record. Without acknowledging that both started from different bases.

However, it is totally fair to bring up Pearson in relation to Tinnion as he would have had input into his dismissal. Omitting NP from that point would be bizarre.

(And for avoidance of doubt was Nige doing a fantastic job. No. But He was doing a very good job considering what he started with, the development of young players and the bizarrely club imposed financial constraints. In hindsight the decision to dismiss Nige does seem all the more bizarre but the bigger fault undoubtedly lay in the choice of successor)

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 10

30 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Absolutely staggering this needs to explained (again).

’cult of Nige’ etc absolute horseshit from people who have no actual defence of the current manager.

• Like 1
  • Flames 6