IGNORED

When to do it

Dredd

18 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

The bloke seems to be mentioned in almost every post at the moment, and there are people talking about chanting his name at the next home game :laugh:

If you're that enamored with Manning, why don't you chant his name at the next game.

I'm sure he'd appreciate your vocal support.

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Absolutely staggering this needs to explained (again).

’cult of Nige’ etc absolute horseshit from people who have no actual defence of the current manager.

What makes me laugh is this type of argument:

”Nige was shit”

”Manning is doing no worse than Nige”

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Absolutely staggering this needs to explained (again).

’cult of Nige’ etc absolute horseshit from people who have no actual defence of the current manager.

Do we have a current manager? 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Don’t think I’ve heard anyone say he was amazing’ there’s just a lot of people who understand what a good job he done in a absolute shit storm he came into’ there’s still fans out the who don’t get what a mess we were in.

Bang on. He's also proving a pretty tough act to follow. Says a lot.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Do you have any stats on our record with and without James? I think he's the main factor as opposed to manager..

How do you explain the god awful style of football? Is that Matty James' influence?

• Like 3

What do we do get rid now bring in **** knows who or give manning summer hope he gets a budget bigger than league 1 players as we seem to be fast ending up a league 1 team  and group the squad together singing from same Hyme sheet ?

6 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

I fully appreciate your right to comment, but I've been in your position plenty of times with previous managers. The anger consumes you eventually, and becomes depressing. You're entitled to tell me to do one, but I just wanted to post this for you and others. Respectfully yours, Mark Tovey

It's the hope that kills....

8 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

What do we do get rid now bring in **** knows who or give manning summer hope he gets a budget bigger than league 1 players as we seem to be fast ending up a league 1 team  and group the squad together singing from same Hyme sheet ?

We were a sound and solid base of a Championship side under NP.

Seems a reconfiguration of expectation..

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Unless something really, really bad happens between now and the end of the season I can’t see him going. At the same time, I can’t see him getting more than £6million to spend (purely a guesstimate by me) - unless we sell.

Given that Conway is most definitely leaving, I suspect Sykes and Pring we’ll get offers for, I can see us letting Manning have about £12million to spend in the summer.

Which, would be a categorical disaster and put us back five years. We’re Bristol City, it’s what we do.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Contractually and FFP wise speaking there is no need to sell anyone any time soon. We did heavy lifting.

We might sell Conway as he is in the last year of his deal but possibly him aside no need.

Whether I see Manning as the right man (I don't) or the hierarchy above him as being up to it (I don't) totally different issue but that is where the club appears to be.

5 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Do you have any stats on our record with and without James? I think he's the main factor as opposed to manager..

I’ll provide the stats with no prejudice, you work your angle, that ok?

Matty James:

Under Pearson:

Played: 13 (1170 mins)

Pts earned whilst on the pitch: 18 (+5)*

Team Goals whilst on the pitch: 15

Team Goals conceded whilst on the pitch: 14

Goals / Assists: 2 / 0

Results without James: P 1 / L1 / Pts 0

Under Fleming:

Played: 1 (90 mins)

Pts earned whilst on the pitch: 3 (+2)*

Team Goals whilst on the pitch: 1

Team Goals conceded whilst on the pitch: 0

Goals / Assists: 0 / 0

Under Manning:

Played: 18 (1252 mins) 14 starts / 4 subs / 4 subbed off

Pts earned whilst on the pitch: 20 (+2)*

Team Goals whilst on the pitch: 16

Team Goals conceded whilst on the pitch: 16

Goals / Assists: 0 / 0

Results without James: P 5 / W 1 / L 4 / Pts 3

+++++

* a formula based on result when entering the pitch and result when exiting, e.g. start game at 0:0, leaves at 1:0, he has effected a change of 1 point (draw) to 3 points (win), therefore he gets +2.

27 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Is this the same Matty James who isn’t being offered a new deal in the summer as several on here who are ITK have indicated?

So, that’s someone who is vital to us and underpins any success Liam may have being jettisoned.

Sounds a great idea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, harvey54 said:

In the hierarchys opinion he is the new guy, he is being given time to look at the squad, he will be allowed to bring in new players and he will get a pre-season and 3 months of next season.

And in October when were in a relegation fight and crowds are down to 10-12k it will be the right time to take decisive action and reconsider the new direction that the club want to go in.

Welcome to Groundhog Season Bristol City style  

And the Lansdowns then bring back Johnson 😂 

1 hour ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

I haven’t seen a single poster imply he was perfect/didn’t make mistakes, just quite a few who can see he did a very decent job through some very difficult circumstances. 

He did an excellent job when you consider the shambles he inherited and went about stabilising a sinking ship. On top that he reduced the wage bill, wasn’t given any resources from the sale of Semenyo and Scott - so yeah he worked wonders in his relatively short time at City.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

7 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Beware the ides of March - we're a bit late! 

Infamy, infamy!!

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Et tu, Britus?

Surely the next line is 'They've all got it in for me.'

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

If he wins the next 3 games are we then saying we want to offer him a longer contract?

Nope. I'll still be Manning out. 

Nothing he has done here has shown he can take us forward. 3 wins in a row would do little to change that. 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Is this the same Matty James who isn’t being offered a new deal in the summer as several on here who are ITK have indicated?

So, that’s someone who is vital to us and underpins any success Liam may have being jettisoned.

Sounds a great idea.

Wasn't it stated that "The Plan" was to get rid of the older more experienced Pros ?

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Wasn't it stated that "The Plan" was to get rid of the older more experienced Pros ?

in that case,tins should lead by example and **** off

and take C3P45 with him

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The jettison of James, King (I know his playing days almost done) and possibly Williams.

I do wonder how much is Manning and how much is Tinnion. Manning had serious shortcomings so far but he does sound quite positive abour these 3 when talking about them..who actually gets the final say Manning or Tinnion?

Both plus Jon Lansdown are not fit for purpose in general but who is more to blame if especially James and Williams aren't offered new deals?

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The jettison of James, King (I know his playing days almost done) and possibly Williams.

I do wonder how much is Manning and how much is Tinnion. Manning had serious shortcomings so far but he does sound quite positive abour these 3 when talking about them..who actually gets the final say Manning or Tinnion?

Both plus Jon Lansdown are not fit for purpose in general but who is more to blame if especially James and Williams aren't offered new deals?

I don’t think it matters who.  And we don’t know their fate…yet.  It’s a collective process.  If Manning desperately wants one to stay, they’ll stay.

But you don’t sign Bird, Stokes, Murphy, whilst trying to sign Twine (miss), then Azaz (miss) and then Twine again (loan) if you’re not planning to reshape your midfield.  That to me means at least two of those go.  I think the only reason that it might not be all three, is a dawning that this level is harder than he thought, and one of them isn’t as replaceable as he initially thought.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think it matters who.  And we don’t know their fate…yet.  It’s a collective process.  If Manning desperately wants one to stay, they’ll stay.

But you don’t sign Bird, Stokes, Murphy, whilst trying to sign Twine (miss), then Azaz (miss) and then Twine again (loan) if you’re not planning to reshape your midfield.  That to me means at least two of those go.  I think the only reason that it might not be all three, is a dawning that this level is harder than he thought, and one of them isn’t as replaceable as he initially thought.

Bird fine.

I'd be surprised if Stokes so soon, simply because it is a major leap from that level. He's more attack minded.

Murphy I know less about.

It does leave a potential void for sure, too much too soon- experienced players leaving the building at once. Not something that fills me with confidence.

Bird for King say wouldn't be the worst, retain James and Williams...you're keeping some stability and yet refreshing the age profile a bit.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1