IGNORED

When to do it

Dredd

Going nowhere. I feel the S/T 24/25 poster was yet another Lansdown two fingers to the fans.

Including the (under pressure; at least from fans viewpoint) manager as the main picture was strange but then to include (ever-increasing unpopular) Tinnion was completely wacko and very much on purpose I suspect.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

It is not the losing of games.

Rather it is

1. The failure to achieve this season what he was appointed to achieve

2. The hurtling down the league

3. Manning’s inane interviews and blaming the players

4.  The way we’ve dropped points with the players half the men they were under Nige

5.  The  mismanagement during matches

6. The dire no entertainment football

Etc etc 

He simply as many agree well beyond his comfort zone.  There is, imo, no chance of him improving at this level, let alone the level we aspire to

Well, we've dropped three places

4 minutes ago, Meh said:

Going nowhere. I feel the S/T 24/25 poster was yet another Lansdown two fingers to the fans.

Including the (under pressure; at least from fans viewpoint) manager as the main picture was strange but then to include (ever-increasing unpopular) Tinnion was completely wacko and very much on purpose I suspect.

I thought this too.  It’s almost like the club have some kind of internal #westandwithbrian thing going on.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Really is an echo chamber on here and doesn't reflect the view of an average fan. How has it come to losing a few games meaning you need to be sacked!? Would you have all sacked fergie in his early United days?

It’s not an echo chamber on OTIB in my view, yes a lot of people feel as per this thread, maybe the majority now, but there are plenty who still support Manning, Tinnion and Lansdown.

As for the average fan what does that mean? The Cardiff game saw fighting in the stands amongst ourselves, booing and chanting; we also had booing and chanting at West Brom.

Your world view may well be different and I appreciate that; for me, OTIB is the most balanced and relatively calm about the situation. Away from OTIB what I see, read and hear is far more toxic. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, One Team said:

It’s not an echo chamber on OTIB in my view, yes a lot of people feel as per this thread, maybe the majority now, but there are plenty who still support Manning, Tinnion and Lansdown.

As for the average fan what does that mean? The Cardiff game saw fighting in the stands amongst ourselves, booing and chanting; we also had booing and chanting at West Brom.

Your world view may well be different and I appreciate that; for me, OTIB is the most balanced and relatively calm about the situation. Away from OTIB what I see, read and hear is far more toxic. 

Really?

10 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

If he wins the next 3 games are we then saying we want to offer him a longer contract?

Come back on here when he does & discuss if you’re so confident, mate.

As likely as us being relegated.

12 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think it's very toxic on here. I've lost count of the threads slagging Manning off - and many of the comments have been personal

Interesting, how do you perceive it away from OTIB? As I say above, I see it worse away from here but appreciate you will have a different perspective.

12 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think it's very toxic on here. I've lost count of the threads slagging Manning off - and many of the comments have been personal

I actually think the vast majority of the criticism Manning's received has been focused purely on his competency as a football manager. Granted, there's been a bit more content than necessary about him coming across as "boring", which IMHO isn't a particularly important critereon on which to assess him.

It's nowhere near as bad as some of the personal insults thrown at LJ and Pearson though

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

"Mum, Mum, someone on OTIB just called me a mood hoover and they keep comparing me to an A1 robot Go and tell them off or I won't leave my bedroom again." sobbing

• Haha 9

9 minutes ago, One Team said:

Interesting, how do you perceive it away from OTIB? As I say above, I see it worse away from here but appreciate you will have a different perspective.

plus X, Facebook and Instagram are more open platforms, especially X. The comments are directed towards the club not discussion points on a member's forum. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

"Mum, Mum, someone on OTIB just called me a mood hoover and they keep comparing me to an A1 robot Go and tell them off or I won't leave my bedroom again." sobbing

Why would we insult the robot ?

2 hours ago, Bris Red said:

This for me unfortunately sounds the most plausible way that i can see it going. We have seen them double down before and blindly just think that throwing money at it will help the situation, rarely does in football.

The only other way i feel the trigger could be pulled is if we get an absolute thumping by somebody especially if it's at home. Without ever wanting to see City get beat if Leicester pumping us on Friday is the catalyst to make SL act then i wouldn't be against it - as horrendous as that is to admitt..

and if leicester start a rout with nige on sky, i will cheer them on for more. the humiliation those 3 would suffer would be priceless

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bris Red said:

This for me unfortunately sounds the most plausible way that i can see it going. We have seen them double down before and blindly just think that throwing money at it will help the situation, rarely does in football.

The only other way i feel the trigger could be pulled is if we get an absolute thumping by somebody especially if it's at home. Without ever wanting to see City get beat if Leicester pumping us on Friday is the catalyst to make SL act then i wouldn't be against it - as horrendous as that is to admitt..

sorry ashton great, i meant to quote this

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

It is not the losing of games.

Rather it is

1. The failure to achieve this season what he was appointed to achieve

2. The hurtling down the league

3. Manning’s inane interviews and blaming the players

4.  The way we’ve dropped points with the players half the men they were under Nige

5.  The  mismanagement during matches

6. The dire no entertainment football

Etc etc 

He simply as many agree well beyond his comfort zone.  There is, imo, no chance of him improving at this level, let alone the level we aspire to

I'd suggest there are only three reasons - the dire no entertainment football, the dire no entertainment football, and the dire no entertainment football.  Plus no discernible grounds for optimism, no evidence of a corner being turned, etc

Most of the others are subjective and arguable.  For example we haven't really been "hurtling" down the league, and there have been occasions when his subs have scored and/or created goals.  And if you want inspiring interviews then let's appoint George Galloway, he'd do less harm here than in the House of Commons!

Edited by red panda
Removing duplicates, it's messing with my mind!

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Actually it would be to their credit to say, 'We accept and regret that it simply hasn't worked.'

Other Championship clubs have taken decisive action in an attempt to limit damage and get fans back on side. They would have been embarrassed too but they knew it needed to be done and didn't shirk a difficult decision.

When something's not working the sooner the situation is rectified the better - in this case for LM too imo.

They may well be embarrassed, as they should be, but that embarrassment and discomfort will only increase the longer they leave it.

Take the bull by the horns and put everyone out of their misery, no club should settle for the sort of stability LM brings which is rapidly emptying the stands.

Correct. It worked OK at Luton last season didn't it? 

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

11 days til our next game.

Absolutely no point in keeping him here and seeing if we can fluke a result against Leicester.

It would just be very Bristol City to sack him after losing to Leicester. 

Just do it now. There would be less disruption doing it now.

Season is over for us now so time to look ahead to next season. Get a new guy in and then he's got til the end of the season to analyse the squad and build some momentum going into next season. 

And what happens if a new man comes in and we lose every remaining game? No doubt you'll be calling for him to go as well.

20 minutes ago, westonred said:

I think Bernard will be gone when/if we lose our next three games Leicester (H) Plymouth and Sunderland (A) all tough games

Plymouth & Sunderland are both in abysmal form, a team doing well they would relish these fixtures..