IGNORED

When to do it

Dredd

Just now, HunstantonRed said:

Wow some absolute whoppers early in this thread. Shocking people were actually calling for him to be sacked.

BS Bots out in force already.   Over time is it? 

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Will the bed wetters who called for Mannings head after a couple of poor performances/defeats now be calling for his contract to be extended??

How pathetic that some can’t just enjoy a win and positive performance 

• Like 3

Will the bed wetters who called for Mannings head after a couple of poor performances/defeats now be calling for his contract to be extended??

If only it was a few bad results, it was lots and it ended our season in effect.  He's probably done enough to save himself from the chop this season.  I'll give you a verdict after the first 10 games of next season.  I'm still in the camp that he can be exceptionally naive as a manager from what I've seen this season.  The game today though must be in the context of Blackburn are screwed.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

Was always going to be the same. Some on here will always stick to their agenda, even if we play the same as we did tonight. Same who still harp on about Cotteril, Johnson, Holden, the messiah, blah blah!!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

If only it was a few bad results, it was lots and it ended our season in effect.  He's probably done enough to save himself from the chop this season.  I'll give you a verdict after the first 10 games of next season.  I'm still in the camp that he can be exceptionally naive as a manager from what I've seen this season.  The game today though must be in the context of Blackburn are screwed.

“Probably done enough” 😂😂

Just now, David Brent said:

How pathetic that some can’t just enjoy a win and positive performance 

Here we go! The “just enjoy the win” crew are out because it’s a bit awkward for them. 

Trust me, nobody is enjoying the win more than me this evening. 

Well done City, and most of all, well done Liam. 🤫 

COYRs 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Here we go! The “just enjoy the win” crew are out because it’s a bit awkward for them. 

COYRs 

Well I’m enjoying the win more than you because I'm not trying to use it to score points. Try harder. 

As I, and practically everyone, have already said. Well done Liam and the team.

• Like 1
  • Flames 6
  • Robin 1

I just want us to keep winning so a certain Seagull has to try and keep coming up with new ways of pushing his irrational hatred of Manning on here.

Imagine if we play well enough for long enough that he has to come on here and actually say something positive about Manning. 

That's gonna hurt.

47 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

How's that cumulative net XG LOOKING @Davefevs ? 🥧 

Better after tonight.

That was an excellent performance.

But I suspect the nuance of it is wasted on you anyway.

There we are then!

With respect we wouldn't be able to enjoy it if a lot of people on here had their way!

Again, you fail to realise the reality of me saying “I’d have sacked him after Cardiff”.  I didn’t have “a way”.  It’s just my opinion on what I’d have done.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

COYRs 

The “give it a rest” crew wouldn’t know irony if it smacked them repeatedly in the face. I wish I was big enough to rise above it, but the problem is never complaints or concerns about the team but the way it is presented - repeatedly thread after thread of the same nonsense so I think it’s only right for the more level headed to also have their fun.

what a bloody manager. OTIB doomsayers, can you hear me? your boys doled out one hellllllllllllllllllllllllll of a beating 

Edited by Fjmcity
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, TinMan's left peg said:

How is that a yes or no question.  Can interpret this anyway you want.  Does the author work for Ipsos Mori? 

Yes, it’s poorly worded but the thread was titled “Manning out?” so I think it’s pretty obvious what it means.

Just now, David Brent said:

Well I’m enjoying the win more than you because I'm not trying to use it to score points. Try harder. 

As I, and practically everyone, have already said. Well done Liam and the team.

But it’s considered acceptable for individuals to criticise, belittle and mock those who supported and had faith in the manager during challenging periods. Does that seem reasonable to you? 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Better after tonight.

There we are then!

Again, you fail to realise the reality of me saying “I’d have sacked him after Cardiff”.  I didn’t have “a way”.  It’s just my opinion on what I’d have done.

Would you still have sacked him in hindsight? I'm aware of the nuance and I'm also acutely aware of context when appraising performance-hence why i disagreed with the bedwetters

1 minute ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Would you still have sacked him in hindsight? I'm aware of the nuance and I'm also acutely aware of context when appraising performance-hence why i disagreed with the bedwetters

Honestly?

I’m still struggling with him.

It’s the tendency of boom and bust that’s hard.  The boom of recent games has still not got us back up to parity of wins and losses…and the underlying inability in most games to create through build-up is a worry, especially as that’s his desire.  So that makes it hard to think he’s gonna take us forward / progress us.  It’s not really about the wins and losses, over 27 league games they’re just a decent proxy for performance.

I wanna see signs, e.g. it was the move of Knight back in CM has made the difference, but then I watch Sunderland, and know that’s not doing it.

But when you use terms like bedwetters you probably didn’t deserve a considered response.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, HunstantonRed said:

“Probably done enough” 😂😂

Yes I mean the previous 14 games were only relegation form 0.85 points per game nothing to worry about, it was all rosy if you wanted to play league one football next season.  Add in recent results and yay well done your a bottom end table side 1.2 points per game 55 points and mid table...  I'm over the moon with that.

So yes just enough to keep his job, and I'll judge him after ten games next season, and a full preseason.  However the signs are not good that we're going to be punching anything other than mid table.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Better after tonight.

There we are then!

Me too, I don't think some people realise that your view of a manager can change over time though.  If he were to show signs of learning and growing next season   

Personally I'm still in the very worried camp, but if we have a shaky start and start picking up good results I'll be ok.  But next season I really want to see us punching at a solid top half finish, all the signs right now is we will be bobbling around 10 places off where I'd like us to be, and that's not the play offs.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Me too, I don't think some people realise that your view of a manager can change over time though.  If he were to show signs of learning and growing next season   

Personally I'm still in the very worried camp, but if we have a shaky start and start picking up good results I'll be ok.  But next season I really want to see us punching at a solid top half finish, all the signs right now is we will be bobbling around 10 places off where I'd like us to be, and that's not the play offs.

I know.  They forget I want City to do well.  LM doing well achieves that.

And I’ve stated several times that if he does succeed, that’s great too.  The only thing I’ve added is that it would be good to understand what changed (assuming he does well):

- nothing changed - I got it wrong / misjudged him

- we threw money at him

- he changed

- etc

It’s no big deal if I got it wrong.  Seems a big deal for others! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Remember I’m the guy who said we should sign Cauley Woodrow, and took the flak when he didn’t do very well here (didn't get much opportunity either!).  It was a bit of a standing joke!  If you put your head above the parapet….

(Although he is playing in the PL, has been to a Championship playoff, etc! 😉😉😉)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And I’ve stated several times that if he does succeed, that’s great too.  The only thing I’ve added is that it would be good to understand what changed (assuming he does well):

- we threw money at him

- he changed

- etc

Remember I’m the guy who said we should sign Cauley Woodrow, and took the flak when he didn’t do very well here (didn't get much opportunity either!).  It was a bit of a standing joke!  If you put your head above the parapet….

(Although he is playing in the PL, has been to a Championship playoff, etc! 😉😉😉)

Hay, I want Ipswich to finish in the playoffs to avoid an egg on my end-of-season prediction that they would be lucky not to drop out of the playoffs.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Hay, I want Ipswich to finish in the playoffs to avoid an egg on my end-of-season prediction that they would be lucky not to drop out of the playoffs.  

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I now want Ipswich to go straight up, so that at least one relegated club stats down, if not two.

Hopefully it’s Southampton, because of Russell Martin 

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

As someone calling for Manning's head four games ago then my answer is that you can only make a decision based on the evidence available at the time. After West Brom, I'd have 100% have sacked Manning if we'd lost the next couple and I couldn't see it turning around. I'm delighted that there are huge signs of improvement but I still think calling for his sacking was an utterly valid call based on the info available.

Right now, there's really positive signs and he obviously deserves to see out this season, rebuild over the summer and show what he can do next season. It might be we get ten games in and are challenging for promotion and, if so, the board and Technical Director will deserve praise for a brave call in sticking with him when the fans were turning against him. On the other hand, we could revert to poor form again and it'll turn out in hindsight that his appointment does not work out. We don't know.

But, if we end up sacking him in October, the people who are praising him for the last four games are not suddenly "wrong" for their opinion at this moment in time, in the exact same way that nobody was "wrong" to feel he should be sacked after two extended winless streaks. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I now want Ipswich to go straight up, so that at least one relegated club stats down, if not two.

Emotionally, I just can't bring myself to want any kind of success for Ashton, especially after the mess he left here.   

12 hours ago, Kibs said:

The sad thing is, this tit for tat will go on until either LM gets sacked, or wins us promotion.

It was the same with LJ and with Nige. And forever more...

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Honestly?

I’m still struggling with him.

It’s the tendency of boom and bust that’s hard.  The boom of recent games has still not got us back up to parity of wins and losses…and the underlying inability in most games to create through build-up is a worry, especially as that’s his desire.  So that makes it hard to think he’s gonna take us forward / progress us.  It’s not really about the wins and losses, over 27 league games they’re just a decent proxy for performance.

I wanna see signs, e.g. it was the move of Knight back in CM has made the difference, but then I watch Sunderland, and know that’s not doing it.

But when you use terms like bedwetters you probably didn’t deserve a considered response.

I said on a another thread that I think Manning needs 7 points from the last 4 games to hit par.

That's a stretch, but with our current momentum, it's possible.

'Par' is just my personal assessment of what I think a competent gaffer would achieve, and the same target would have applied to the previous gaffer.

If, however, we only manage 4/5 points, we're still bloody close to par. 

Finishing near my abstract par is fine, and certainly not a sign that the head coach is out of his depth IMHO.

My par will then be raised next season.

BTW, how we achieve par is irrelevant. Streaks are fine, and quite normal at this level. 

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, I just want the yo-yo clubs to be disrupted.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

- we threw money at him

- he changed

- etc

I'm no expert but Blackburn were horrendous last night. If we're so fabulous why were we only saved from a pasting, by Max at the weekend? 

I'm not a negative bedwetter just trying to see the bigger picture.