IGNORED

When to do it

Dredd

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

Let's hypothetically say that the board have seen enough, decided Manning isn't the man for us and want to make a change for next season. Let's also assume in this scenario that we aren't going down. When do they make the change? We've got some key players out of contract next season, and a new guy is going to want to cast an eye over the squad to see who he wants next season and where he thinks the gaps are. So at what point do we think it's going to happen? Would it be the summer with the all knowing recruitment team deciding James/Williams/King aren't getting new deals and the new guy has to accept that? Doesn't seem ideal to me but I've felt for a while there's meddling from above going into the squad. 

The only things that will prompt a change are

Very low gates for remaining games with those that do attend showing their dissatisfaction.

A close brush with relegation 

Very low season ticket sales

Players asking to leave.

Our board are very happy to survive in the Championship and try to get as close to break even as possible.

Nothing good can happen until SL understands that nobody wants to buy his Bristol Sport business and he breaks it up into saleable entities. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Really is an echo chamber on here and doesn't reflect the view of an average fan. How has it come to losing a few games meaning you need to be sacked!? Would you have all sacked fergie in his early United days?

I agree about the echo chamber, but not the view of the average fan? Aside from Rudolph and presumably BigTone, we're all average fans on here.

On one hand , Lansdown has always seemed supportive and doesn't usually 'go early' on dismissals .

On the other , they must have got an idea of the supporters feelings , and just as season tickets go on sale ? 

I think they will do nothing and we will play Leicester . 
Then if we get a stuffing , Little Jon will have an 'out' . He used the Cardiff game with half an academy side playing to sack Pearson. If we get done 4 or 5 , I can see our spineless Chairman using the opportunity to court favour with the fans by sacking LM . Then they can ramp up excitement for renewals by linking us to top, top managers until everyone has paid their money . Then get someone equally dull (probably ? ) if that's possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

On one hand , Lansdown has always seemed supportive and doesn't usually 'go early' on dismissals .

On the other , they must have got an idea of the supporters feelings , and just as season tickets go on sale ? 

I think they will do nothing and we will play Leicester . 
Then if we get a stuffing , Little Jon will have an 'out' . He used the Cardiff game with half an academy side playing to sack Pearson. If we get done 4 or 5 , I can see our spineless Chairman using the opportunity to court favour with the fans by sacking LM . Then they can ramp up excitement for renewals by linking us to top, top managers until everyone has paid their money . Then get someone equally dull (probably ? ) if that's possible.

Reckon Plymouth is the more likely barometer.

Most expect Leicester to beat us, the way we set up we look to stay in games rather than win them, so a 2-0 defeat say, is nothing.

Argyle haven’t won at home since January & have failed to score in their last 4 home games, a defeat there will have far greater impact.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not going to happen  Seagull. I posted previously that the hierarchy won’t want more egg on their faces after sacking Nige with a flimsy explanation.

SLs strategy is ‘stability and sustainability’ and changing a manager so soon after appointing him goes against the former.

Actually it would be to their credit to say, 'We accept and regret that it simply hasn't worked.'

Other Championship clubs have taken decisive action in an attempt to limit damage and get fans back on side. They would have been embarrassed too but they knew it needed to be done and didn't shirk a difficult decision.

When something's not working the sooner the situation is rectified the better - in this case for LM too imo.

They may well be embarrassed, as they should be, but that embarrassment and discomfort will only increase the longer they leave it.

Take the bull by the horns and put everyone out of their misery, no club should settle for the sort of stability LM brings which is rapidly emptying the stands.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Really is an echo chamber on here and doesn't reflect the view of an average fan. How has it come to losing a few games meaning you need to be sacked!? Would you have all sacked fergie in his early United days?

If you take some of the fans reaction at recent home and away games for example, it’s not a minority held view.  The vast majority of fans are fed up and the empty seats at home to Swansea said it all.  

• Like 4

Get a battering at home to Leicester, the atmosphere will be so toxic they’ll do it that evening. I say they, SL will direct JL but JL will say it’s his decision to look tough

Lose to both Leicester and Plymouth whether close games or not and they will as above

Season ticket sales, fans booing etc will force their hand

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Reckon Plymouth is the more likely barometer.

Most expect Leicester to beat us, the way we set up we look to stay in games rather than win them, so a 2-0 defeat say, is nothing.

Argyle haven’t won at home since January & have failed to score in their last 4 home games, a defeat there will have far greater impact.

You could be right . 
I do think they will wait for an easy opportunity , a defeat so they can point and say, see it's him not us.

I don't see any way they do it over the break, that would be decisive , and something that a well run Club might do. 

I really hope they are making enquiries already , you can see him being sacked now, and us taking until after the players come back for training to appoint someone. 

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Not going to happen  Seagull. I posted previously that the hierarchy won’t want more egg on their faces after sacking Nige with a flimsy explanation.

SLs strategy is ‘stability and sustainability’ and changing a manager so soon after appointing him goes against the former.

It's not sustainable though. They're getting egg on their face virtually every time we play. A heavy defeat against Leicester, or just a defeat followed by a poor result at Plymouth and he has to go, if not before.

Just now, Kingswood Robin said:

It's not sustainable though. They're getting egg on their face virtually every time we play. A heavy defeat against Leicester, or just a defeat followed by a poor result at Plymouth and he has to go, if not before.

They deserve everything they get.

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Actually it would be to their credit to say, 'We accept and regret that it simply hasn't worked.'

Other Championship clubs have taken decisive action in an attempt to limit damage and get fans back on side. They would have been embarrassed too but they knew it needed to be done and didn't shirk a difficult decision.

When something's not working the sooner the situation is rectified the better - in this case for LM too imo.

They may well be embarrassed, as they should be, but that embarrassment and discomfort will only increase the longer they leave it.

Take the bull by the horns and put everyone out of their misery, no club should settle for the sort of stability LM brings which is rapidly emptying the stands.

Dream on Nogbad.

And to think we gave Manning a 3 year contract so he could learn how to make us a top end challenging squad this season and be 10 points better off next season too?

Oh, and buy another season ticket.

Surely, this is the straw that breaks the camel’s back? Surely?!!!!

Just get it done and show some integrity to the supporters for once and admit the mistakes.

Edited by Gert Mare

44 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

It is not the losing of games.

Rather it is

1. The failure to achieve this season what he was appointed to achieve

2. The hurtling down the league

3. Manning’s inane interviews and blaming the players

4.  The way we’ve dropped points with the players half the men they were under Nige

5.  The  mismanagement during matches

6. The dire no entertainment football

Etc etc 

He simply as many agree well beyond his comfort zone.  There is, imo, no chance of him improving at this level, let alone the level we aspire to

Edited by Ivorguy
  • Like 12

4 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

By saying ‘sustainable’ SL is referring to the balance sheet at AG - income v outgoings and a reason why Nige was to reduce the wage bill.
Obviously the more income generated via the facilities at AG, concerts, one day showcase events et el the better.

13 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Warnocks available and looking for a job at a ‘struggling’ Championship side according to the Scum …..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26741032/neil-warnock-aberdeen-championship-new-club-manager/

Did an amazing job at Aberdeen..

Would be futile to bring in a 75 year old who buggers off every few months.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

That’s Randy Crawford (what a voice), I think we’re getting our Randys mixed up, which is definitely a Carry On sketch..

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ah it is - I read Crawford for some reason!

Crawford, Newman…is there a Randy Pritchard?

Way,way off topic but, surely this is the best name of the musical Randy's. Sounds a bit sinister to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_VanWarmer

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Imagine it was just about losing a few games!!!

Its a general descent to failure.

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

It is not the losing of games.

Rather it is

1. The failure to achieve this season what he was appointed to achieve

2. The hurtling down the league

3. Manning’s inane interviews and blaming the players

4.  The way we’ve dropped points with the players half the men they were under Nige

5.  The  mismanagement during matches

6. The dire no entertainment football

Etc etc 

He simply as many agree well beyond his comfort zone.  There is, imo, no chance of him improving at this level, let alone the level we aspire to

Ivor gets it.

• Like 4

Be very interesting to see what excuse they’d give from BT up if they did decide to pull the trigger in the next few weeks. 

The problem would then be with no likely changes happening to the football hierarchy. Who could they possibly recruit that would remotely placate the fans. The answer by the way is not Warnock.

It needs BT(Feel a little sorry for him as he does love the club) and JL to step aside and for a proper experienced CEO and director of football.

Chances of that happening?

michael cohen GIF

• Like 1