IGNORED

When to do it

Dredd

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’ll provide the stats with no prejudice, you work your angle, that ok?

Matty James:

Under Pearson:

Played: 13 (1170 mins)

Pts earned whilst on the pitch: 18 (+5)*

Team Goals whilst on the pitch: 15

Team Goals conceded whilst on the pitch: 14

Goals / Assists: 2 / 0

Results without James: P 1 / L1 / Pts 0

Under Fleming:

Played: 1 (90 mins)

Pts earned whilst on the pitch: 3 (+2)*

Team Goals whilst on the pitch: 1

Team Goals conceded whilst on the pitch: 0

Goals / Assists: 0 / 0

Under Manning:

Played: 18 (1252 mins) 14 starts / 4 subs / 4 subbed off

Pts earned whilst on the pitch: 20 (+2)*

Team Goals whilst on the pitch: 16

Team Goals conceded whilst on the pitch: 16

Results without James: P 5 / W 1 / L 4 / Pts 3

+++++

* a formula based on result when entering the pitch and result when exiting, e.g. start game at 0:0, leaves at 1:0, he has effected a change of 1 point (draw) to 3 points (win), therefore he gets +2.

Glad you posted this. All the rubbish said about James. I started to wonder if Mannings decent results were when James was on the pitch. For me nearly always one of the top 3 performers, and badly missed when not playing.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Contractually and FFP wise speaking there is no need to sell anyone any time soon. We did heavy lifting.

We might sell Conway as he is in the last year of his deal but possibly him aside no need.

Whether I see Manning as the right man (I don't) or the hierarchy above him as being up to it (I don't) totally different issue but that is where the club appears to be.

Thanks for the clarity about not needing to sell @Mr Popodopolous, my view is that the players are smart enough to know that they aren’t going to flourish under Mannings style of play. So how many are going to put in transfer requests to leave. I can see Sykes and Pring heading onto pastures new. 

8 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

The only things that will prompt a change are

Very low gates for remaining games with those that do attend showing their dissatisfaction.

A close brush with relegation 

Very low season ticket sales

Players asking to leave.

Our board are very happy to survive in the Championship and try to get as close to break even as possible.

Nothing good can happen until SL understands that nobody wants to buy his Bristol Sport business and he breaks it up into saleable entities. 

Last time I looked on Vinted, it had 7 likes. Separate them man and they might just sell !!!!🤑

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Wasn't it stated that "The Plan" was to get rid of the older more experienced Pros ?

If the plan now is to get rid of the older more experienced fans, then I can see it being a remarkable success.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ll provide the stats with no prejudice, you work your angle, that ok?

Matty James:

Under Pearson:

Played: 13 (1170 mins)

Pts earned whilst on the pitch: 18 (+5)*

Team Goals whilst on the pitch: 15

Team Goals conceded whilst on the pitch: 14

Goals / Assists: 2 / 0

Results without James: P 1 / L1 / Pts 0

Under Fleming:

Played: 1 (90 mins)

Pts earned whilst on the pitch: 3 (+2)*

Team Goals whilst on the pitch: 1

Team Goals conceded whilst on the pitch: 0

Under Manning:

Played: 18 (1252 mins) 14 starts / 4 subs / 4 subbed off

Pts earned whilst on the pitch: 20 (+2)*

Team Goals whilst on the pitch: 16

Team Goals conceded whilst on the pitch: 16

Results without James: P 5 / W 1 / L 4 / Pts 3

+++++

* a formula based on result when entering the pitch and result when exiting, e.g. start game at 0:0, leaves at 1:0, he has effected a change of 1 point (draw) to 3 points (win), therefore he gets +2.

Thanks, he makes a huge difference imo. Positional play is excellent and he's our only midfielder that actually keeps the ball with intelligence. Like Marlon pack used to be-you don't notice him when he's playing but you certainly notice when he's not!

Given age, wage and likely declining appearances I do think it's a tough one and if we can replace with a younger player of similar quality then we should.

but you have backed up my point that his absence is behind the decline in recent performances...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Thanks, he makes a huge difference imo. Positional play is excellent and he's our only midfielder that actually keeps the ball with intelligence. Like Marlon pack used to be-you don't notice him when he's playing but you certainly notice when he's not!

Given age, wage and likely declining appearances I do think it's a tough one and if we can replace with a younger player of similar quality then we should.

but you have backed up my point that his absence is behind the decline in recent performances...

Undoubtedly a player that is missed.  I think we (all) agree on that.

However, yeah-yeah, there’s always a however with me! 😉

What I think it also shows is that even when he does play under Manning, the results still aren’t good enough, ie there are bigger issues than just James’s absence!

Edited by Davefevs

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What I think it also shows is that even when he does play under Manning, the results still aren’t good enough, ie there are bigger issues than just James’s absence!

Yes but if you add twines absence along with pring being unfit, Sykes being off form and wells not being able to finish his dinner then you can understand what's causing this run

• Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Yes but if you add twines absence along with pring being unfit, Sykes being off form and wells not being able to finish his dinner then you can understand what's causing this run

A worse set of injuries cost the bloke he replaced his job???

• Like 6
  • Flames 3

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

i think Andi is a big miss in the dressing room

26 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

To be fair, there have been people on here saying he was the best manager we've ever had

I took that to mean the highest calibre, most successful and most experienced, but I could be mistaken.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

This thread has aged terribly 

Not really. The damage has been done . It will take a bit more then a few good results to get people back on board 

Just look at the crowd tonight. Embarrassing 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not really. The damage has been done . It will take a bit more then a few good results to get people back on board 

It’s a midweek end of season fixture with nothing to play for against unremarkable opposition. It has a lot more to do with that than it does the fan’s opinions of Manning. There’s nothing embarrassing about it - most Championship clubs would see a drop off in attendance under the same circumstances.

I wanted Manning gone but let’s give the guy some credit where it’s due.

• Like 10

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Football fans are a very fickle bunch 

1 minute ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

How's that cumulative net XG LOOKING @Davefevs ? 🥧 

Screenshot_20240410_213822_Flashscore.jpg

• Haha 1

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Was always going to be a poor Gate tonight 

Saturday will be more telling, how many come back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Was always going to be a poor Gate tonight 

Saturday will be more telling, how many come back 

I don’t think it will tell you that much. It’s still a late season fixture with nothing to play for against a nothing team, and it’s also the Easter holidays.

August will be a much better barometer.

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s a midweek end of season fixture with nothing to play for against unremarkable opposition. It has a lot more to do with that than it does the fan’s opinions of Manning. There’s nothing embarrassing about it - most Championship clubs would see a drop off in attendance under the same circumstances.

I wanted Manning gone but let’s give the guy some credit where it’s due.

Great result and performance - agreed. But my point is that crowd tonight wasn’t just because it was a dead rubber 

Weve had plenty of dead rubber games over the last 8/9 years - and the crowd have never stayed away like they have tonight and the last few games 

Just now, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Will the bed wetters who called for Mannings head after a couple of poor performances/defeats now be calling for his contract to be extended??

Presumably by “bedwetters” you are referring to the large majority of fans who wanted him gone? And by “a couple of poor performances/defeats” I assume you mean an extended run between Christmas and March with few wins and even fewer convincing performances?

It was an entirely reasonable position to hold at the time. No one is impressed with I-told-you-so smugness.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Presumably by “bedwetters” you are referring to the large majority of fans who wanted him gone? And by “a couple of poor performances/defeats” I assume you mean an extended run between Christmas and March with few wins and even fewer convincing performances?

It was an entirely reasonable position to hold at the time. No one is impressed with I-told-you-so smugness.

I'm not sure you can say 'majority' with any confidence. Vocal minority maybe. There were plenty of us that said throughout that some patience was needed. 

I never had an issue with criticism. I just couldn't believe how quick to judgement some were and how personal and over the top the criticism was. 

I don't think it's 'I told you so' as lots of people were saying he might not be right but we need some patience. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Will the bed wetters who called for Mannings head after a couple of poor performances/defeats now be calling for his contract to be extended??

Nobody likes a dick waver.

1 minute ago, Jimbo76 said:

I'm not sure you can say 'majority' with any confidence. Vocal minority maybe. There were plenty of us that said throughout that some patience was needed. 

I never had an issue with criticism. I just couldn't believe how quick to judgement some were and how personal and over the top the criticism was. 

I don't think it's 'I told you so' as lots of people were saying he might not be right but we need some patience. 

Nope. Not a vocal minority. A very clear large majority. But it’s fair enough to call for patience.

Poll from early March:

30FF78B7-910A-4969-91D8-D99A4D7F5C41.jpeg

• Like 1