IGNORED

The Zak Vyner Range

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

that the club thought it would be a seller is just mental.

Agree. It’s a business decision at the end of the day, which like the rest of their business decisions are so utterly out of touch with their ‘customers’.

Now more than at any other time I can remember, they desperately need to be demonstrating some element of coherent strategy, leadership and progressive decision making for the future of the club to arrest what feels like free fall since NP’s departure…

…so they come up with a GCSE art project that will, at best, make them £350 from the 10 they will sell. 

Priorities are all wrong and they are completely rudderless. Next season is going to be chaos 

Not for me, Clive.

Lots of posters have said it well. What other club would do this? It's just so weird.

Would he interested to know what the comments on twitter say? Can't see them as I'm not signed up. Similar response to on here? We probably aren't the target market to be fair!

Think everyone needs to give their heads a wobble. Just don’t buy it, it’s as simple as that. Ahhhh, but we hate the club at the moment don’t we, so let’s just have a meltdown over everything. It’s a tshirt lads. A T-shirt. 

I’d understand if it was our kit, but it isn’t. Make yourselves a cup of tea. Maybe have a custard cream, and take 10 minutes out. 

In through the nose, out through the mouth. Is there really any need for this outrage? 😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 6

14 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Think everyone needs to give their heads a wobble. Just don’t buy it, it’s as simple as that. Ahhhh, but we hate the club at the moment don’t we, so let’s just have a meltdown over everything. It’s a tshirt lads. A T-shirt. 

I’d understand if it was our kit, but it isn’t. Make yourselves a cup of tea. Maybe have a custard cream, and take 10 minutes out. 

In through the nose, out through the mouth. Is there really any need for this outrage? 😂😂😂😂

Is there outrage? It's more that it's very odd for a midtable championship club to be releasing a fashion range for a centre back. If it was the gas who'd done the same we'd be in hysterics.

Add in the current mood around the place and it's just another poor decision.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Not seeing too much outrage, mainly a mixture of bemusement and amusement. It’s just really odd.

• Like 1

I can remember a number of years ago on here,  when it was debated about JL being handed the reins after SL took a back seat . We all seemed fairly confident that JL wasn’t interested & had more or less moved abroad . Plus how ill suited  he would be for the role. Our nightmares have come to fruition 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

This has given me a fantastic money making idea. I’m going to buy some of these tee shirts from Peacocks for £5.20. Then I’ll write “Frank” (my middle name) on them in felt tip and sell them for £35, giving me a quick £29.80 profit. OTIB members can have a 5% discount. Just PM me

IMG_5701.jpeg

Well if people really want to send a message to the club then this actually isn’t a bad idea. You could get some cheap white t-shirts, get the letters STB or the full “Sack the board” printed on the front and then sell them outside the ground, maybe priced a little over production costs so that you could donate profits to a charity at the same time.

Would be so funny and also a real striking message to the club to see loads of fans wearing anti club t-shirts instead

49 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

That is no way to consume a Custard Cream

• Haha 14

2 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Well if people really want to send a message to the club then this actually isn’t a bad idea. You could get some cheap white t-shirts, get the letters STB or the full “Sack the board” printed on the front and then sell them outside the ground, maybe priced a little over production costs so that you could donate profits to a charity at the same time.

Would be so funny and also a real striking message to the club to see loads of fans wearing anti club t-shirts instead

Surely it has to be SUAFO rather than STB on the T Shirt doesn't it................................that would keep our Chairman busy for a while.

• Like 1

I'm relatively indifferent to the actual clothing range - it's a bit surreal but I'm not upset or angry about it.

What I find frustrating is how the tone of our comms and social media totally misunderstands where fans are. There's always a bit of a feel good factor after a win and a bit of frustration after a defeat. We've just had one win in six the mood from the fans is pretty toxic. If you want to launch a clothing range based on a player, fine, but it seems pretty damned obvious that you hold off on launching the clothing range until after a win and at a point when the mood has lifted a little. 

Far too often, our comms team simply don't seem utterly disconnected from the mood of the fans. The timing of this is totally off tonally but that feels a regular occurrence.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

This has given me a fantastic money making idea. I’m going to buy some of these tee shirts from Peacocks for £5.20. Then I’ll write “Frank” (my middle name) on them in felt tip and sell them for £35, giving me a quick £29.80 profit. OTIB members can have a 5% discount. Just PM me

IMG_5701.jpeg

Lee Peacock?

1 hour ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Not one single person is outraged.

Edited by bearded_red
  • Haha 1

The Zak sizes only go up to 2XL so I thought that I might start my own range of fashion gear and us my middle name:  "Effing" as in Bat Effing Fastard.  As a bit of market research, can I enquire how many people would support the "Effing" venture?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Yeah, it's almost as if he's shite and we know we've made a huge mistake but can't quite bring ourselves to admit it. . . 

They have a record of making mistakes and not acknowledging them.

They also decide to undo the occasional good decision by making a bad one. 

The more I think about it the more a new owner really wouldn't have to do too much other than employ people who know what they’re doing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, David Brent said:

It’s almost as other clubs have more competent ownership / management 

I get that but a clothing range really shouldn't bother people. Just don't buy it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Yeah fair play, that’s a bit over the top. That’ll teach me for scrolling and not reading properly.

I used sickened or sickening.  That’s how I feel by the overall ownership feeding down through multiple areas of the “club”. That’s not OTT.

I’m not outraged by Zak Vyner having a clothing range.  I think it’s a bit shit, but I don’t buy kits, clothing.  I did buy the Hummel zip top, that was the last thing I bought.  I did like the t-shirt with road / post-code thingy on it, but the quality was crap when I saw it in the shop.