IGNORED

The Zak Vyner Range

14 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I'd really love to know what Jon actually wants to do regarding City himself.

Maybe he loves being involved everywhere and has pushed for this from his dad for the last 20 years. If so he has a funny way of showing it and is really not doing a great job anywhere really.

Maybe his passion is actually the Fever Pitch stuff, in which case as far as billionaire son's playthings go it's not the worst tbh. Just let him have his fun, it's not good but it's not that bad. If we were doing better on the pitch I don't think anyone would really care. The issue is (apart from the fact we're not doing well on the pitch) that when he's deciding what needs to be done, rather than just the raw execution imo (in most cases). As in, the videos, photos, all that isn't bad, but the designs and decisions (when do we/should we do the Zak Vyner clothes line) need someone at the club to push back.

Maybe he can't be bothered with any of it, but he's there because of his dad and they're just in a holding pattern waiting for that outside investment, who would likely change stuff up regardless.

I honestly have no idea?

I think some probably underestimate just how much he (and friends) are involved in the day-to-day running of the club. And have been for 10+ years.

He's certainly not doing it against his own will. 

At the same time I'm sure he doesn't want to be front and centre as he pretty much is now (along with Tinnion).

And this has long been the dilemma of the Lansdowns. How to retain absolute control without it appearing so...hence the constant chopping and changing in strategy and personnel. 

They want someone like Nige with his experience and guile, but also someone malleable they can control like Manning.

And the circus continues to circle... round and round we go. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 12
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Well this sticks out like a sore thumb..

Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh*t

Practice what you preach you absolute weapon  

Thinking outside the box........like copying a stock Internet image of a Robin and tracing the outline of it.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You do know it's not either or, don't  you?

20 years and still no progress on the pitch. 20 years is long enough to havedone so. They've had their opportunity. Time for someone else to have a go.

Thanks for the bricks and mortar. Fair play. Now its time to f off.

Who is the someone else?

• Facepalm 5

1 hour ago, aa_bcfc said:

So he wants about £200,000,000 does he because that’s about what it’s cost him. 

Small change, literally to a 2x billionaire. 20 million a year is 1 per cent of his wealth and only a fraction of the yearly interest earned on his investments.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And this has long been the dilemma of the Lansdowns. How to retain absolute control without it appearing so...hence the constant chopping and changing in strategy and personnel. 

They want someone like Nige with his experience and guile, but also someone malleable they can control like Manning.

So true.

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think some probably underestimate just how much he (and friends) are involved in the day-to-day running of the club. And have been for 10+ years.

At the same time I'm sure he doesn't want to be front and centre as he pretty much is now (along with Tinnion).

I agree with virtually all of this but not this line:

someone malleable they can control like Manning.

Maybe someone malleable, but not someone like Manning. I’ve been as critical of Liam as anyone, but one thing I don’t think he is would be “controllable”. If you take his career path he’s both nakedly ambitious (not necessarily a bad thing) but as we’ve seen, is also very rigid and inflexible. He definitely isn’t a man to be controlled. His issue is more in not understanding when he’s wrong and needs to change.

So I agree, they’d like someone malleable. But they didn’t choose someone of that nature this time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Kevin Manbutt Superstar. Those were the days 

IMG_5698.jpeg

No wonder he fled the country.

I do remember seeing the van at Ashton Park School one day, but I didn't see our Kev.

He did sign something for my mate in the school hols when we saw him in the car park one day. Seemed a nice chap.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep good points.

I think I'm one of the people you talk about, and it comes from just self-inserting... I know that although I love city, I wouldn't have the first clue how to run a football club so I'd surround myself with people who did, let them get on with it, and then hopefully bask in the success if I ever got the opportunity. So when I see someone else in that position also with zero knowledge, I assume they'd come to the same conclusion rather than just piss around and make a pigs ear of it.

I guess when you're most likely brought up to believe that your shit doesn't stink though, maybe you have other ideas.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I agree with virtually all of this but not this line:

someone malleable they can control like Manning.

Maybe someone malleable, but not someone like Manning. I’ve been as critical of Liam as anyone, but one thing I don’t think he is would be “controllable”. If you take his career path he’s both nakedly ambitious (not necessarily a bad thing) but as we’ve seen, is also very rigid and inflexible. He definitely isn’t a man to be controlled. His issue is more in not understanding when he’s wrong and needs to change.

So I agree, they’d like someone malleable. But they didn’t choose someone of that nature this time.

As you can imagine, I respectfully disagree - strongly.

I think (know) a large part of the reason they got rid of Nige was his inflexibility and rigidity.

They certainly don't have to worry about that with Manning. 

It's back to Jon playing Championship Manager with his mates and Tinnion back as close as he'll ever get to the hot seat.

Depressing. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 6

For all those who have renewed or are considering renewing… they’re literally taking the piss out of you right now. Don’t buy this ‘if you don’t renew in the south stand you’ll lose your seat forever’. When they can’t flog a potd ticket they’ll beg you to come back. Even seats that have already been paid for they can’t fill! 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 8

I was going to make a joke about a potential Max O'Leary knitwear range, but I didn't want to give the club any ideas!

In a time when emotion and joy have been replaced by behaviours and principles, this provides a light hearted talking point!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Unrelated but they've created their site using Squarespace. A design agency building their own site with Squarespace is like someone claiming to be a gourmet chef but only knows how to microwave ready meals. Despite presenting themselves as experts in a craft that typically demands creativity and custom solutions, their choice of a drag-and-drop website creator suggests they might not possess the depth of skill or creativity they advertise.

Surely not! 
I mean, they had a very inspirational meeting in Botswana to create a new website and branding. 
Surely it can’t have ended with “let’s use a cheapo website creator and stick up a picture of a flamengo with some triangles on it? 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He doesn't understand, he doesn't care. 

He's also not very good at fashion design, and whilst I'm always reluctant to get personal, let's be honest - it's hardly a surprise given the way he dresses. I mean he wears some truly awful items of clothing, most recently at the Liam Manning arrival presser.

I mean WTF. 

image.png.f0aa910891f81a4148a08a69738eaee6.png

It gets worse.

IMG_2702.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Can you expand on the first paragraph about day to day running and his mates being involved? Appreciate you may not be able too.

28 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think (know) a large part of the reason they got rid of Nige was his inflexibility and rigidity.

It's back to Jon playing Championship Manager with his mates and Tinnion back as close as he'll ever get to the hot seat.

Depressing. 

Don’t get me wrong - Manning is less “traditionally” confrontational (rigid) than  Nige. And I don’t doubt they hoped they’d get someone malleable. But he isn’t that - he’s wedded to his process. And in a lot of ways that’s admirable. But they misjudged what they were getting with him - I agree they wanted something different that they could control, but all evidence says Liam isn’t that.

And I respect your right to disagree, but I think the one thing we can agree on is that Jon/Brian/Steve for whatever reason have made another almighty cock up.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Henry said:

I don’t think Fever Pitch are an actual company. I think they are essentially a department within Bristol Sport, made to look like it’s our agency to make Jon feel better about himself.

I do wonder who is actually making this product, would it still be O’Neils?

Correct. 
Fever Pitch are not an actual company. They are not registered on Companies House. 
People with more business nous than me may be able to tell me how this works:

If Fever Pitch are just an in-house agency, doing media/design work for Bristol Sport, then presumably the people who work for Fever Pitch are actually paid and employed by Bristol Sport? 
If not, the who are they employed by? 

But, Fever Pitch seem to also be doing a bit of work outside of Bristol Sport. So the work they are doing for others, how are they getting paid? Are the recipient of the work paying Fever Pitch (which doesn’t exist as a company) or are they paying Bristol Sport? 
How is the money for their work being received and under which company is this being logged with HMRC. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

If I’m being charitable, then what I’d say is that this has been in the pipeline for a while and maybe it’s a case that Zak wanted to design some “swag” and the club offered to act as distributor. I can’t see many biting at £35 for a T Shirt though and it looks - because it is - tinpot. Highly likely that they had to release it because stock would have been on order for a while and had they waited until a time the club looked competent Zak would be long retired.

What is noticeable both with this and the interminably shite “Watches of Bath Jenga Challenge” (also produced by Fever Pitch) is that it is social media content.

But there is still no content or sign, or celebration, of number of season tickets sold. Funny that.

Watches of Bath sponsor Bristol Bears.  A complete ****ing insult.

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He doesn't understand, he doesn't care. 

He's also not very good at fashion design, and whilst I'm always reluctant to get personal, let's be honest - it's hardly a surprise given the way he dresses. I mean he wears some truly awful items of clothing, most recently at the Liam Manning arrival presser.

I mean WTF. 

image.png.f0aa910891f81a4148a08a69738eaee6.png

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It gets worse.

IMG_2702.jpeg

When I was at school (many years ago now), we had a name for this. 

Bufty. 

The bufty kid was the one who was unfashionable, the one who wore the bog standard brown shoes, trousers too high and his nan’s knitted brown jumper, with generally unkempt hair. 

JL is basically the bufty kid from school. The one who had the least sense of fashion in the whole school. And now he’s in charge of his own fashion design agency. 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Depressing. 

All good leaders know when to be inflexible and rigid and know when to be adaptable.

I rather suspect Nige wasn't having their attempts to control him as he knew it would lead to regression.

It was a power play he lost but he'd rather lose it and get sacked than carry on weakened.

• Like 8