IGNORED

The Zak Vyner Range

When I got a notification flash up on my phone earlier about this, I thought "I've clearly misread this".

Alas, Zak Vyners clothing line is actually being advertised as a main story on the club's channels, and my eyes did not deceive me. 

Ok then.....

If this was put out by the other lot, then we'd be pissing ourselves....

Edited by Taz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Unrelated but they've created their site using Squarespace. A design agency building their own site with Squarespace is like someone claiming to be a gourmet chef but only knows how to microwave ready meals. Despite presenting themselves as experts in a craft that typically demands creativity and custom solutions, their choice of a drag-and-drop website creator suggests they might not possess the depth of skill or creativity they advertise.

That's a great spot. A 'design agency' paying a mass-market web design/hosting company what, £15pm to run basically a pre-templated website for them is laughable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

I like ZV and wish him all the best. In the interest of balance, is there anyone who's bought or looking to buy any of this gear?

No I’d rather wear fruit of the loom 

9 minutes ago, Taz said:

When I got a notification flash up on my phone earlier about this, I thought "I've clearly misread this".

Alas, Zak Vyners clothing line is actually being advertised as a main story on the club's channels, and my eyes did not deceive me. 

Ok then.....

If this was put out by the other lot, then we'd be pissing ourselves....

Disregard the other lot, this is like Liverpool bringing out a boring James Milner line of clobber 

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

That's not how it works though.

He should have done things differently if he wanted his money back because you don't get that for a mediocre debt laden championship football club. And we're that because of his decision making.

20 years is long enough to have got those decisions right. Enough is enough. Time for them to f off.

Much better put than my attempt. Ta

21 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

I’m 41 so this isn’t really aimed at me, but it feels like a wind-up that got out of hand.

Could you imagine Zak speaking to Nige and saying ‘by the way gaffer me and the Lansdown’s are going to bring out a new range of clothes which I’m going to front called ‘“onyego”

Zak would wake up two weeks later with a very fat lip 

Edited by 38MC
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Stop it….spoiler alert 😡😡😡😡😡

He might want his money back, but it’s not worth £200m, so why not moan…he’s priced it out of getting someone better in!!!

Wish I could get my money back for every bad decision I’ve made!!!😂

surely Steve understands?? 

• Like 2

I massively cringed when I saw " the zac Vyner range " what an earth who the hell comes up with this crap no disrespect but he isn't david beckham I'd rather him concentrate on his football them modelling like a prat in his own bristol city range of clothing very embarrassing 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Correct. 
Fever Pitch are not an actual company. They are not registered on Companies House. 
People with more business nous than me may be able to tell me how this works:

If Fever Pitch are just an in-house agency, doing media/design work for Bristol Sport, then presumably the people who work for Fever Pitch are actually paid and employed by Bristol Sport?

correct, although they’ll brand themselves on places like LinkedIn as Fever Pitch…but they are Bristol Sport employees.  I know one of them.
If not, the who are they employed by? 

But, Fever Pitch seem to also be doing a bit of work outside of Bristol Sport. So the work they are doing for others, how are they getting paid? Are the recipient of the work paying Fever Pitch (which doesn’t exist as a company) or are they paying Bristol Sport?

Bristol Sport
How is the money for their work being received and under which company is this being logged with HMRC. 
Bristol Sport

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Bristol Sport values:

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/careers/

pretty much exactly the same, apart from fever pitch attempt to be trendy by using bullshit

Fever Pitch jobs:

https://www.reachfeverpitch.com/careers

image.thumb.png.0ea090bc1ba12022837d1012cec845d3.png

Cosy!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nebristolred said:

That's a great spot. A 'design agency' paying a mass-market web design/hosting company what, £15pm to run basically a pre-templated website for them is laughable.

Probably only £13.50pm. They would have used the code “Buxton” for a 10% discount.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No issue with this sort of thing in the off season but to do it now when the relationship with the fans and the club is far from great is just a joke. 

Whoever is making decisions on media comms at the moment either doesn’t give a toss what we might think or is just clueless about the impact. 

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Don’t get me wrong - Manning is less “traditionally” confrontational (rigid) than  Nige. And I don’t doubt they hoped they’d get someone malleable. But he isn’t that - he’s wedded to his process. And in a lot of ways that’s admirable. But they misjudged what they were getting with him - I agree they wanted something different that they could control, but all evidence says Liam isn’t that.

And I respect your right to disagree, but I think the one thing we can agree on is that Jon/Brian/Steve for whatever reason have made another almighty cock up.

Whilst I normally agree with all your posts SD, surely the U18's farce and not filling the bench is a case in point. Pearson had no problem playing and using Yeboah, presumably against the wishes if Tinnion, bearing in mind their stated aim of winning the youth Cup.

The minute Manning walks through the door Yeboah is nowhere near the first team. He and the other U18' involved at first team level, start training seperately and Yeboah is loaned out to prepare for the youth Cup.

These decisions show to me that Manning is malleable and Pearson told them what to do with their youth Cup.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

No issue with this sort of thing in the off season but to do it now when the relationship with the fans and the club is far from great is just a joke. 

Whoever is making decisions on media comms at the moment either doesn’t give a toss what we might think or is just clueless about the impact. 

Aye, 

Fair play to Zak, but this is a very much a “release in the summer” thing.  Not least, because at the same time the club are trying to encourage people to part with season ticket money.  

Would you see this from any other club in the EFL 72? Probably not. 

12 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Aye, 

Fair play to Zak, but this is a very much a “release in the summer” thing.  Not least, because at the same time the club are trying to encourage people to part with season ticket money.  

Would you see this from any other club in the EFL 72? Probably not. 

It feels a bit like they’re trying to adopt a similar marketing strategy to an NBA team.

Stunts like this, the (royalty free) drill music instrumentals for the team getting off the coach video. The social media team also have favourite players - usually ones who you can tell they deem as ‘cool’ - notice how much attention they give Mehmeti, Vyner and even Mebude relative to others.

I’ve complained about the media side of the club for years - whilst flashier now, we lost real understanding of the support when Adam Baker left. It’s almost as if it’s done for them and what they like rather than us. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It feels a bit like they’re trying to adopt a similar marketing strategy to an NBA team.

Stunts like this, the (royalty free) drill music instrumentals for the team getting off the coach video. The social media team also have favourite players - usually ones who you can tell they deem as ‘cool’ - notice how much attention they give Mehmeti, Vyner and even Mebude relative to others.

I’ve complained about the media side of the club for years - whilst flashier now, we lost real understanding of the support when Adam Baker left. It’s almost as if it’s done for them and what they like rather than us. 

Spot on.

Without wishing to derail the thread, think the Mebude stuff is the club doubling down on a baffling January signing.

Footage of pretty much anything good he does in training is always included.

Strange that when it gets to match day he never actually gets on the pitch..

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Strange that when it gets to match day he never actually gets on the pitch..

Yeah, it's almost as if he's shite and we know we've made a huge mistake but can't quite bring ourselves to admit it. . . 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Did no one think about ironing the white t-shirt before the photo shoot? 

Or is looking like a tramp considered ‘maverick’ these days? 

IMG_4978.jpeg

When I've sold stuff online, eBay or whatever , I know that presentation is key. Now the first thing is to iron clothes to get them to look their best, I wouldn't have put that up as it is . I don't get how you can see that and say , "yep, looks great" .
Absolutely no awareness , it's really basic stuff.

9 hours ago, Harry said:

When I was at school (many years ago now), we had a name for this. 

Bufty. 

The bufty kid was the one who was unfashionable, the one who wore the bog standard brown shoes, trousers too high and his nan’s knitted brown jumper, with generally unkempt hair. 

JL is basically the bufty kid from school. The one who had the least sense of fashion in the whole school. And now he’s in charge of his own fashion design agency. 🤣🤣

There is , IMO , a massive difference between fashion and style .  Jon manages neither.

9 hours ago, ChubStixx said:

I like ZV and wish him all the best. In the interest of balance, is there anyone who's bought or looking to buy any of this gear?

It could have been Vyners idea, something he fancied doing and if so fair play. I don't get the pile on . 

It's not my sort of thing, but hoodies, Tees etc are big sellers right now and this would have been planned for some time . They probably thought the break was a good time to launch as it would be quiet for football news. 
Would they put it back until everything is rosey ? Who knows when that could be.

11 hours ago, Unan said:

Unrelated but they've created their site using Squarespace. A design agency building their own site with Squarespace is like someone claiming to be a gourmet chef but only knows how to microwave ready meals. Despite presenting themselves as experts in a craft that typically demands creativity and custom solutions, their choice of a drag-and-drop website creator suggests they might not possess the depth of skill or creativity they advertise.

Now that is worthy of stick . I did a few websites using Dreamweaver , it's not rocket science and for someone starting from scratch theirs were no better than what I did. 
That is embarrassing .

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They could do worse than get a fans/supporters involved , doesn't need to be tech savvy just really interested. The content can seem agenda lead , then other bits ( academy) non existent . 

Never going to be perfect , but I'd settle for decent. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1