IGNORED

The Zak Vyner Range

2 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Think everyone needs to give their heads a wobble. Just don’t buy it, it’s as simple as that. Ahhhh, but we hate the club at the moment don’t we, so let’s just have a meltdown over everything. It’s a tshirt lads. A T-shirt. 

I’d understand if it was our kit, but it isn’t. Make yourselves a cup of tea. Maybe have a custard cream, and take 10 minutes out. 

In through the nose, out through the mouth. Is there really any need for this outrage? 😂😂😂😂

Oh come on Tim. You know there any outrage, people are having a nuanced discussion about what is actually a macro issue about awareness and decision making.

There is no need to dumb it down so much with a straw man. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Super said:

Do other forums have such constant moaning about everything?

There are few moans on the Rovers’ forum as everything is wonderful. New South Stand, other ground developments on the way, Premier League football in 5 years and, of course, the best fans in the country that are loved by every other team they play. 

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh come on Tim. You know there any outrage, people are having a nuanced discussion about what is actually a macro issue about awareness and decision making.

There is no need to dumb it down so much with a straw man. 

It's weird what people get outraged by. I remember one knob who kept going on at @Davefevs, calling himself spreadsheetman and changing his avatar.

Like I said, weird.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 3

21 hours ago, petehinton said:

We are so ******* embarrassing

This is what happens when you put recent University graduates in charge of you media team, I know every older generation is cringed at the younger generation but these new young crop by far the cringiest yet

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Anyone think the club might have engaged Lynton Crosby? Famed right wing Aussie strategist who advised Boris Johnson amongst others on a “dead cat” strategy.

This is where you announce something so totally random that no one then talks about the important thing, in Boris Johnson’s case his laziness causing thousands to die from Covid because he didn’t bother to read stuff properly.

To bring this back to City, we currently have an 11 page thread on a T shirt with one of our defenders middle names on it, whilst the football is so dull it makes your eyeballs bleed, we have lost 5 of the last 6 games & appear to be coached by an AI programmed robot.

Clever move, eh?

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Anyone think the club might have engaged Lynton Crosby? Famed right wing Aussie strategist who advised Boris Johnson amongst others on a “dead cat” strategy.

This is where you announce something so totally random that no one then talks about the important thing, in Boris Johnson’s case his laziness causing thousands to die from Covid because he didn’t bother to read stuff properly.

You mean like the right wing media fanning the flames of culture war non-issues like Nike designing a cross in different colours, whilst in the same week it being announced that the UK now has 12 million people in absolute poverty including 3.6 million children?

You have to hand it to them, tragically it works....

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You mean like the right wing media fanning the flames of culture war non-issues like Nike designing a cross in different colours, whilst in the same week it being announced that the UK now has 12 million people in absolute poverty including 3.6 million children?

I was sort of hoping to avoid making this about politics once I’d made the initial point, but hey ho.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The strongest objection I read to that was by Kier Starmer of all people.

I think he was going for a "man of the people" image.

Personally I was outraged by the sheer profiteering by the FA and Nike in charging £120 for a polyester top.

That should have been enough on its own to trigger a boycott.

What do these cost to make? Probably less than a fiver.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Personally I was outraged by the sheer profiteering by the FA and Nike in charging £120 for a polyester top

That's unfair.

That shirt was yer actual match shirt playing version , the replica was a pocket friendly £85 . The kids version was an as cheap as chips £65 . 

Faint Fainting GIF by Sesame Street

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That's unfair.

That shirt was yer actual match shirt playing version , the replica was a pocket friendly £85 . The kids version was an as cheap as chips £65 . 

Faint Fainting GIF by Sesame Street

Yeah those prices are an utter pisstake. I quite agree. 

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Looks like the cover of a Thompson Twins LP.

Slow step and sideways kick - is that the one?

Little chance of hearing “you take me up”!

(one of my very first LPs btw).

Edited by Davefevs
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He doesn't understand, he doesn't care. 

He's also not very good at fashion design, and whilst I'm always reluctant to get personal, let's be honest - it's hardly a surprise given the way he dresses. I mean he wears some truly awful items of clothing, most recently at the Liam Manning arrival presser.

I mean WTF. 

image.png.f0aa910891f81a4148a08a69738eaee6.png

Poundland Action Man.

Edited by BanburyRed
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Harry said:

Did no one think about ironing the white t-shirt before the photo shoot? 

Or is looking like a tramp considered ‘maverick’ these days? 

IMG_4978.jpeg

Maybe it's missing a T for TONYEGO or a misspelling of OFFUGO.....

or it's a t-shirt celebrating a really shit episode of Countdown.

Either way, it's shit & embarrassing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I know it’s easy to get carried away with things that don’t really matter, but for me this says so much about our club and it’s culture.

The lack of care. The lack of attention to detail. The lack of concern for the quality of the product. The disconnect and disregard for supporters demonstrated by charging £35 for a cheap looking white t shirt. The lack of self awareness to not realise how embarrassing this all is.

I really don’t like this club at the moment.

4 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Think everyone needs to give their heads a wobble. Just don’t buy it, it’s as simple as that. Ahhhh, but we hate the club at the moment don’t we, so let’s just have a meltdown over everything. It’s a tshirt lads. A T-shirt. 

I’d understand if it was our kit, but it isn’t. Make yourselves a cup of tea. Maybe have a custard cream, and take 10 minutes out. 

In through the nose, out through the mouth. Is there really any need for this outrage? 😂😂😂😂

Read my post above @Tim Monaghan. It is just a t-shirt - but it’s also symptomatic of a bigger problem with our club, the decision making by those running the club, and the disconnect between those decision makers and the fanbase. And it’s far from the first time.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, Super said:

I get that but a clothing range really shouldn't bother people. Just don't buy it.

A significant amount of marketing and boardroom horsepower would have been required for this, which would have been better spent evaluating while we’re a complete cluster **** at the moment.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Super said:

Do other forums have such constant moaning about everything?

Are other clubs so consistently embarrassing off the pitch while achieving precisely nothing of note on it, all at the same time?

This season alone we’ve had..

Ditching Hummel when others didn’t.

Poor quality O’Neil kits.

Crap and vastly overpriced merchandise in general.

Blue training wear that has absolutely no connection to any of our kits.

Woeful stock levels at peak sales periods like Christmas.

The splat Robin that no one wanted.

A commemorative shirt for one FA Cup win in 1876 or something.

A squad photo released in March.

And that’s before we even talk about the decision to replace Pearson with Manning.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are other clubs so consistently embarrassing off the pitch while achieving precisely nothing of note on it, all at the same time?

This season alone we’ve had..

Ditching Hummel when others didn’t.

Poor quality O’Neil kits.

Crap and vastly overpriced merchandise in general.

Blue training wear that has absolutely no connection to any of our kits.

Woeful stock levels at peak sales periods like Christmas.

The splat Robin that no one wanted.

A commemorative shirt for one FA Cup win in 1876 or something.

A squad photo released in March.

And that’s before we even talk about the decision to replace Pearson with Manning.

And 2 dead pigeons in the water tank.

Apart from all that we’re all happy as Larry 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

A significant amount of marketing and boardroom horsepower would have been required for this, which would have been better spent evaluating while we’re a complete cluster **** at the moment.

Well, the reason is the Lansdowns, and they can't exactly conclude that, can they?

On 27/03/2024 at 19:02, Mendip City said:

There will be buyers, so long as the (currently) awful football club comes with a ground and training ground and doesn’t include an awful rugby team, awful women’s team, basketball team (presumably awful I pay no attention to them), awful manager, awful tech director, awful media department etc etc…. 
Hmmmmn we could have a big problemo. 

Women's Team generally sits under a club Accounts wise and isn't that expensive. How many club takeovers have seen the Women's Team consolidated or outsourced?

I'm not wildly bothered either way fwiw but it is hardly unprecedented.

On 27/03/2024 at 19:01, aa_bcfc said:

It might be on the market but they are not exactly queuing around the block to buy it. 
Perhaps you’d happy to have ownership like the sags have got, I’d rather have the Lansdowns. 

Anything is saleable at the right price..albeit one that sticks out like a sore thumb is Ipswich.

Championship,40%...£105m. Very very optimistic for an ROI.

Either way the Lansdowns have (IMO) run their race and in particular Jon Lansdown and Tinnion in their current roles neither have it, nor will ever have it and Manning should be on very thin ice too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Women's Team generally sits under a club Accounts wise and Isn t that expensive. How many club takeovers have seen the Women's Team consolidated or outsourced?

I understand your point and I’m sure it doesn’t cost much. I just think it’s a distraction and yet another example of unfulfilled or incomplete projects under the BS umbrella.  My hope for a takeover would be focus…. Focus on the men’s team to get where it needs to before worrying about any other sporting endeavour. 
Looking at the WSL only City and Leicester are non-PL men’s teams…. Will we ever truly compete without the men’s team having PL size pockets? 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Women's Team generally sits under a club Accounts wise and isn't that expensive. How many club takeovers have seen the Women's Team consolidated or outsourced?

Anything is saleable at the right price..albeit one that sticks out like a sore thumb is Ipswich.

Championship,40%...£105m. Very very optimistic for an ROI.

Either way the Lansdowns have (IMO) run their race and in particular Jon Lansdown and Tinnion in their current roles neither have it, nor will ever have it and Manning should be on very thin ice too.

“Up to”!

How much have they actually paid?

How much will they pay if they stay in the Championship?

I suspect they’ve paid a fraction of that…so far.

• Thanks 1