IGNORED

The Zak Vyner Range

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s a wide and varied client list they seem to have. Bristol Sport, Bristol Bears, Bristol City, Bristol City Women…

Its almost as if outside of a captive client base people think our Jon is a bit shite.

To be fair to him to went to uni and did his degree in economics then started from the bottom getting employment in a little start up company called Hargreaves Lansdown before getting his big chance at Bristol City. 

• Haha 2

It's a bit odd, and at times like this any little thing can be jumped on for laughs at the clubs expense but I'm not massively furious at us helping Zak out with some t-shirts.

I'm also really fed up with Fever Pitch. If that is what Jon wants to do then he should go and do it. Resign from the NINE City/Bears/BS boards that he's on and go and devote his time and attention to what he clearly actually wants to do. He could stay on as an observer on our boards if Steve needs "eyes on the ground", but get away from a body making decisions that you're clearly not investing full time and energy in.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's a bit odd, and at times like this any little thing can be jumped on for laughs at the clubs expense but I'm not massively furious at us helping Zak out with some t-shirts.

I'm also really fed up with Fever Pitch. If that is what Jon wants to do then he should go and do it. Resign from the NINE City/Bears/BS boards that he's on and go and devote his time and attention to what he clearly actually wants to do. He could stay on as an observer on our boards if Steve needs "eyes on the ground", but get away from a body making decisions that you're clearly not investing full time and energy in.

I imagine all the contracts between City and Fever Pitch are properly negotiated at arms length and the Board do market research to make sure they're getting the best value for money...right?

I used to say how certain members of another football clubs board, or at the very least their businesses, did well out the football club. A club not a million miles away. 

“Never happen here” I thought. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I used to say how certain members of another football clubs board, or at the very least their businesses, did well out the football club. A club not a million miles away. 

“Never happen here” I thought. 

I mean I doubt City are paying FP much if anything at all. But it's the principle you know.

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I imagine all the contracts between City and Fever Pitch are properly negotiated at arms length and the Board do market research to make sure they're getting the best value for money...right?

I don’t think Fever Pitch are an actual company. I think they are essentially a department within Bristol Sport, made to look like it’s our agency to make Jon feel better about himself.

I do wonder who is actually making this product, would it still be O’Neils?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

When Alan Sugar and El Tel took over Spurs, Sugar was very surprised when he found out that the club were renting a dance floor for one of the function rooms from a night club Venables owned.

But I am sure Bristol Sport put EVERYTHING out to tender.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 42nite said:

Surely it's time to put an end to this madness!

The sags must have a dustbin thread on us by now.  There's enough ammo to keep them going for a while .

Please leave Mr. Lansdown, and take your puppets with you.

Thanks for your efforts, but it's time to move on.

Imagine if the Lansdowns took your advise and just packed their bags and said that’s us we’re off. WTF would we do then? Are we all going chip in to pay the £20 or £30 million debt every year?

• Facepalm 3

53 minutes ago, Henry said:

I don’t think Fever Pitch are an actual company. I think they are essentially a department within Bristol Sport, made to look like it’s our agency to make Jon feel better about himself.

It's not an actual company no you're right. Maybe I shouldn't have posted the bit about arms length contracts etc.

And look, people can be involved in multiple businesses, that's fine.

But it doesn't sit well with me that one of our two directors, our chairman, our club's "custodian" in his own words, is clearly not totally focussed on our club and it's related companies and sporting endeavours.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

This is surely a leaked April Fools joke?

If not the tone deafness to us right now and total disconnect is like nothing I’ve ever seen.

The only thing funnier than the post is the comments on this thread! 

Edited by One Team

2 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Imagine if the Lansdowns took your advise and just packed their bags and said that’s us we’re off. WTF would we do then? Are we all going chip in to pay the £20 or £30 million debt every year?

They don't need to take any of our advice. Steve has literally put the club up for sale. It's on the market. 

• Like 1

Just now, aa_bcfc said:

Please don’t raise my hopes.

Nothing will improve until the Lansdowns go.  Period.  They have had their extended chance and blown it.

Of course there will be a buyer(s), after all doesn’t everyone say we are a sleeping giant.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Henry said:

It is part of Bristol sport.

14 minutes ago, Henry said:

Correct - it's effectively an in-house agency and similar models have been employed elsewhere, including Nationwide.

They also do work with external clients - including NE Applicances, Oxford United, Saracens, Wasps, Team Bath, Girlactico and CK Dental.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They don't need to take any of our advice. Steve has literally put the club up for sale. It's on the market. 

It might be on the market but they are not exactly queuing around the block to buy it. 
Perhaps you’d happy to have ownership like the sags have got, I’d rather have the Lansdowns. 

• Confused 1