IGNORED

The Zak Vyner Range

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Please don’t raise my hopes.

Nothing will improve until the Lansdowns go.  Period.  They have had their extended chance and blown it.

Of course there will be a buyer(s), after all doesn’t everyone say we are a sleeping giant.  

There will be buyers, so long as the (currently) awful football club comes with a ground and training ground and doesn’t include an awful rugby team, awful women’s team, basketball team (presumably awful I pay no attention to them), awful manager, awful tech director, awful media department etc etc…. 
Hmmmmn we could have a big problemo. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Imagine if the Lansdowns took your advise and just packed their bags and said that’s us we’re off. WTF would we do then? Are we all going chip in to pay the £20 or £30 million debt every year?

let me think.........where has the debt come from, wait a minute...............wouldnt be the Lansdowns sh1te decisions on manager/ceo appointments would it?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

There will be buyers, so long as the (currently) awful football club comes with a ground and training ground and doesn’t include an awful rugby team, awful women’s team, basketball team (presumably awful I pay no attention to them), awful manager, awful tech director, awful media department etc etc…. 
Hmmmmn we could have a big problemo. 

The ground is an issue, I agree, the rest can go along with BS

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

But it doesn't sit well with me that one of our two directors, our chairman, our club's "custodian" in his own words, is clearly not totally focussed on our club and it's related companies.

No, but I wouldn't even be that bothered about this either if he was very good at what he does. But there's a fair bit of evidence that he is way out of his depth. 

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

The ground is an issue, I agree, the rest can go along with BS

That’s the trouble.  The owner will foolishly think the rest has some value. 
I think he’d have to give it away if he wants someone to take the lot. 

2 minutes ago, mason said:

let me think.........where has the debt come from, wait a minute...............wouldnt be the Lansdowns sh1te decisions on manager/ceo appointments would it?

We are where we are though aren’t we. Fact remains that as far as I can see the only person who will pay the debt every year is Steve Lansdown. 

3 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

It might be on the market but they are not exactly queuing around the block to buy it. 
Perhaps you’d happy to have ownership like the sags have got, I’d rather have the Lansdowns. 

he was a gas head fan was only when they fled to Bath he thought he would try us.....the rest is history and how we got to this force we are now

5 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

It might be on the market but they are not exactly queuing around the block to buy it. 
Perhaps you’d happy to have ownership like the sags have got, I’d rather have the Lansdowns. 

Not at the price Steve wants, no. Because guess what? He wants most, if not all, of his money back.

I would rather new owners, yes. Even something like the Man U investment with help from the outside would be very welcome. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No, but I wouldn't even be that bothered about this either if he was very good at what he does. But there's a fair bit of evidence that he is way out of his depth. 

No. True. 

I guess I'm guilty of what I said - in times like this it's easy to jump on anything to beat them with.

• Like 1

Won’t be anything to do with Zak, they’ve gone to him as the most marketable player in the squad to try and promote the club in another way. If Alex Scott was still at the club I can assure you there would have been the Alex Scott range.. 😂 just another tactic they’re trying to promote the club. Don’t think it’s actually as bad or weird as people are making it out to be though. 

Edited by TommyD68

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Not at the price Steve wants, no. Because guess what? He wants most, if not all, of his money back.

I would rather new owners, yes. Even something like the Man U investment with help from the outside would be very welcome. 

So he wants about £200,000,000 does he because that’s about what it’s cost him. 

We are where we are though aren’t we. Fact remains that as far as I can see the only person who will pay the debt every year is Steve Lansdown. 

its his debt ffs his choices, this is going around in circles just like this club, back to thread topic

Edited by mason

2 minutes ago, mason said:

he was a gas head fan was only when they fled to Bath he thought he would try us.....the rest is history and how we got to this force we are now

Without the Lansdowns we’d probably be in league 1 playing in a ramshackle Ashton Gate. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Imagine if the Lansdowns took your advise and just packed their bags and said that’s us we’re off. WTF would we do then? Are we all going chip in to pay the £20 or £30 million debt every year?

Debt caused by Lansdown himself? 

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

I’ll apologise for any unintended hurt feelings now but I can’t believe that the people behind this club aren’t on a spectrum. It’s just not normal behaviour to consistently be so far out of touch with practically everything that they do. 

1 minute ago, aa_bcfc said:

Without the Lansdowns we’d probably be in league 1 playing in a ramshackle Ashton Gate. 

last reply on this thread; you reckon? we managed to get to the top div without Lansdowns "help" and beat many of the clubs there in the ramshakle AG :gaah:

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

14 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Correct - it's effectively an in-house agency and similar models have been employed elsewhere, including Nationwide.

They also do work with external clients - including NE Applicances, Oxford United, Saracens, Wasps, Team Bath, Girlactico and CK Dental.

Jesus. Nailsea Electrical (who also sell kitchens - before anyone points out the obvious) did a kitchen design for me.

Even though the design was free, it was THAT SHIT I got proper eggy when he tried to sell me a kitchen and I suggested that if the quality of design was a reflection of the quality of their work, it would be best to leave it. And Fever Pitch work with them... hmm...

5 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Instead of playing in League 1 in a nicer Ashton Gate in 18 months time if we aren't careful.......................

Swallow it, the bloke has invested a shed load, for which we are all grateful, and in the overall scheme of things has achieved very little outside of bricks and mortar.

• Like 3

Vyner will be getting image rights for this. 🙈🤷🤣

We are led by donkeys. 

Crayola thinks he's a Maverick. Doing it his way. Ignoring everything that's worked before. 

We are truly ******. 

When Billionaires become so detached from reality and surround themselves with yes men who know they can make a buck or two from the narcissistic and delusional. 

Maverick values... 🙈

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/careers/

https://www.reachfeverpitch.com/about

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mason said:

last reply on this thread; you reckon? we managed to get to the top div without Lansdowns "help" and beat many of the clubs there in the ramshakle AG :gaah:

Massively easier to get to and stay in the top division back in the 70’s. Ashton Gate was not considered ramshackle at the time, it was a decent ground.

Not true though is it.  A 30k (funded) revamp was on the cards that got dropped the moment he came in. He then spent 15 years looking every option possible to move the stadium.

Only to come back to square one.  Which then cost an absolute premium. Slow hand clap all round, good job guys. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Or we could be where Brighton are?

Simply put, we have no idea where we would be, but the Lansdown’s have certainly outstayed their welcome & fresh ideas/investment is needed.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Not true though is it.  A 30k (funded) revamp was on the cards that got dropped the moment he came in. He then spent 15 years looking every option possible to move the stadium.

Only to come back to square one.  Which then cost an absolute premium. Slow hand clap all round, good job guys. 

Some people fall for the BS BS hook line and sinker.................

Or we could be Burnley, Brighton, Luton, Swansea, Cardiff, Hull City, Bournemouth, Brentford, Huddersfield. All teams similar or mostly smaller that have bypassed us to play top flight football. 
I could also give you another list of teams that have fallen way below us who have completely overtaken us again why we just fester under his ownership. 

With the greatest respect, your comment is absolutely bollocks. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 8

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

This has been my feeling for a while.

As far as I can see, Jon basically just uses the club as an outlet for his various creative endeavours.

That would be bad enough as it is. What makes it worse is the fact that we now don't even bother appointing anyone who might have an interest in actually running a football club (i.e. A CEO) to sit alongside him and do the grown-up work whilst he plays with his crayons.

Yep…with no risk to him.  Go out into the real world and pit your skills and business acumen there, don’t use City for it.

Yep…it’s a piss take 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

We’ve been a division above the sags for most of our history, so what makes you think we wouldn’t have without Lansdown?

We may have had an owner who could actually run a football club without racking up massive debts through his appalling decision making.

Who knows what could have been, but I’m totally sick of what we’ve become under daddy and junior Lansdown and can’t wait to see the back of them.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

16 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

As a fanbase, we really need to get away from this view that Bristol City Football Club can't exist without the Lansdowns.

Every other club in the country seems to manage without the Lansdowns. In fact, the vast majority of clubs of our size have done a hell of a lot better. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 5