IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

20 minutes ago, redkev said:

The thing that did impress me yesterday is that unlike Leeds we weren’t to total awe of them and when given the opportunity we did actually have a proper go at them even when 1 up , I thought we saw the game out pretty well and looked the more likely to get a second goal than them get an equaliser 

We started with intent too.

Just checked, first 20 we had 8 shots. Last Home game v Swansea we didn't have one in the entire first hour.

We pressed high, we used the ball well when we had it..tactically excellent too.

Of course Maresca says they'd have win if not got missed chances, he presumably neglects to mention the double save by Hermansen, the 2 penalties we should've had at 0-0, the McCrorie side netting.

Didn't Mehmeti have a good chance at 0-0 too or a near miss.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 5
33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just checked, first 20 we had 8 shots. Last Home game v Swansea we didn't have one in the entire first hour.

We pressed high, we used the ball well when we had it..tactically excellent too.

Of course Maresca says they'd have win if not got missed chances, he presumably neglects to mention the double save by Hermansen, the 2 penalties we should've had at 0-0, the McCrorie side netting.

In fairness Maresca and his more detailed comments gave us more credit than the headline ones I read..

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/bristol-city-v-leicester-city-enzo-marseca-liam-manning-jamie-vardy-anis-mehmeti-4574593

12 hours ago, mozo said:

What I do find interesting is that we've had a couple of tricky patches with a back 3 laready this season and everyone (most of OTIB) was screaming for a return to a back 4. 

Now what do we want?!

What does that tell you?

(apart from OTIB is fickle)

Formations aren’t the be-all or end-all.  We’ve won and lost with each.

Yesterday was won through intent, purpose, physicality, speed.

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I look back at yesterday, had to do some difficult DIY at home, a bit out of my comfort zone TBH.

Watched the City win and afterwards the feel good factor carried over into my DIY, holes were patiently drilled and levels carefully checked. Thanks City, your win and general performance lifted my spirits and contributed to a decent job.

Did your round pegs fit into your round holes?

57 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Incredible the chalk and cheese of those 2 games, especially the ability level of both opponents.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Of course Leicester fans or some are praising the call not to award a penalty but they should know about soft stuff given they have won 12 in the League this season which must be approaching modern record territory at this level.

Unsurpriding really as their number 10 and 18 threw themselves to the turf as soon as they felt the slightest contact.

The ref wasn't great but at least he waved away their theatrics. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, spudski said:

If you think we've got problems on this forum re reactions...then read the post match comments on the Foxes forum. 😂

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/134410-bristol-city-1-0-lcfc-post-match-thread/#comments

Oh dear, I would mind having their problems. Typical overreaction from a Premier league spoilt entitled fan base. ORIB would be in meltdown if the roles were reversed and Conway missed the numerous sitters Vardy missed yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Still unbelievable that Vardy didn't score here 

20240330_120704.jpg

20240330_120721.jpg

Watching at the time, I was so shocked he didn't score it took me several seconds to appreciate the quality of the save.

I know Max isn't perfect but some of his shot stops this season have been world class. If that save was made by a top PL keeper it would have been talked about a lot more.

• Like 7

Reading those Leicester comments, from fans who's team is 2nd in the league, has a recent Premier League Title win, FA Cup win and Champions League football makes you realise that as City fans we are fully entitled to be fed up with our lot. I'd snap their hands off for what they've experienced the past 10 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Unsurpriding really as their number 10 and 18 threw themselves to the turf as soon as they felt the slightest contact.

The ref wasn't great but at least he waved away their theatrics. 

Some neutral on Twitter and I'd forgotten a bit said both their wide men should have been booked for diving. I don't think either were.

He didn't give us a great amount.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some neutral on Twitter and I'd forgotten a bit said both their wide men should have been booed for diving. I don't think either were.

He didn't give us a great amount.

I definitely booed them!

• Like 1
On 29/03/2024 at 12:59, OneTeamInBristol said:

Choudhury one of those players you hope gets a career ender. 

I remember him at AG last season, for Watford. I think it was Choudhury anyway forget what exactly he did but he got quite the send-off from the Dolman especially.

My mistake it was Gosling, but Choudhury definitely played a role.

Some of the match reports are a bit one eyed. A lot in respect of Leicester in the Times.

Double save by Hermansen not mentioned.

McCrorie hitting side netting at 0-0 not mentioned.

Penalty shout was mentioned, the Report said the one on Conway should have been.

It also mentioned us in the sense of:

"It was a result which will have gone some way to winning over the localswho are struggling to forgive Bristol City for sacking the former Leicester manager Nigel Pearson and bringing in Liam Manning, who hailed a "thoroughly deserved win".

Guardian report is a bit better although an interesting snippet.

Screenshot_20240330-220521_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dcdeb573064bcf05bf93f22c136296df.jpg

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some of the match reports are a bit one eyed. A lot in respect of Leicester in the Times.

Double save by Hermansen not mentioned.

McCrorie hitting side netting at 0-0 not mentioned.

Penalty shout was mentioned, the Report said the one on Conway should have been.

It also mentioned us in the sense of:

"It was a result which will have gone some way to winning over the localswho are struggling to forgive Bristol City for sacking the former Leicester manager Nigel Pearson and bringing in Liam Manning, who hailed a "thoroughly deserved win".

Guardian report is a bit better although an interesting snippet.

Screenshot_20240330-220521_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dcdeb573064bcf05bf93f22c136296df.jpg

'An win' doesn't allay any of my doubts about the Guardian.

• Haha 1

On another forum the suggestion has been made that Leicester are deliberately now trying NOT to go up this season.

If they did, the points deduction would send them straight back down. By staying in the Championship, they'd still have the points deduction, but would be strong enough to get promoted and have some parachute payment still.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
50 minutes ago, 22A said:

On another forum the suggestion has been made that Leicester are deliberately now trying NOT to go up this season.

If they did, the points deduction would send them straight back down. By staying in the Championship, they'd still have the points deduction, but would be strong enough to get promoted and have some parachute payment still.

They would also be under a Business Plan or Embargo, maybe both in the Championship. Perhaps even a pre-emptive plan.

This in practice might mean..as well as points.

*Limits on wages offered to new signings.

*A cap on wages to those out of contract.

*A cap on or a block on fees for new signings.

*A cap on or a block in loan fees for new signings.

The Business Plan is designed to see q club fall within FFP moving forward and a club can either work with the League or there are more restrictive powers.

Fighting it can mean Embargo as default if failed as a holding Pattern while a Business Plan thrashed out between Club and League.

The wider FFP position is £83m in capped losses to tbis season and £61m to next.. Parachute Payments drop by £10m in the 2nd year.

If their losses for 2022-23 post FFP adjustments are or exceed £35m tbis drops to £35m, if they are below it remains that. If they are £13m or above for this year post adjustments it drops to £13m, if below it remains at that.

Those two feed into the position for 2024-25. Business Plan means put right by March or Transfer Profit post that date or RPTs removed from calculations up to that point (did for Reading) but it doesn't exempt a club from need to comply. ie you can get docked for the breach and the Business Plan fail.

ie just taking the points isn't an option as if you fail Business Plan and decline to sell by 30th June you would also be charged with breaching FFP in those circs hut that's post June 30th.

Watching the Sky highlights, that rugby tackle on Dickie is ridiculous. Made worse by the woman on Co Coms saying 6 of one half a dozen of the other ffs. Defender never once looks for the ball , and where is Dickie supposed to put his arms. He try’s to shake him off, I have a feeling that’s given if it’s Dickie on Vardy.

IMG_9547.thumb.jpeg.7a720e5fa2bb018faa395491828a3af9.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Watching the Sky highlights, that rugby tackle on Dickie is ridiculous. Made worse by the woman on Co Coms saying 6 of one half a dozen of the other ffs. Defender never once looks for the ball , and where is Dickie supposed to put his arms. He try’s to shake him off, I have a feeling that’s given if it’s Dickie on Vardy.

This type of ‘blocking’ happens at set plays pretty much every time when defending a set play. There’s very likely that the Dickie example wasn’t the only blocking going on and the referee either not seeing it or simply ignoring it is no surprise as it happens so frequently.

The Conway incident when having his shirt tugged before getting tripped was a stonewall penalty. The referee just a few yards away not awarding was a very poor decision.

Anyway - we still won the match despite the ref having a dreadful game.

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Agreed although one Leicester match report (fans page) think Dickie dark arts but that has to be a penalty to us.

None of the match reports elsewhere I've seen so far mentioned the Dickie one. Conway one for sure 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That firms up in my mind it wasn’t a pen.  

The referee agreed with you Dave. Unfortunately he didn’t have benefit of VaR or a close up replay as we did on TV.

I never even noticed it as the ball went over. I just saw lots of players jostling as we do at every corner.