IGNORED

Manning in

Curr Avon

Enjoy the result and performance. A lot of the things said today were said after Southampton and looks how it went after.

He got it right today and fair enough to him, the staff and the team. Now try break down a team who sits in and see how the response is on here.

Going to keep going in circles if you get too high and defensive after every win against a big team. From the 25 odd games he's been here, in my opinion he hasn't showed enough.

We're good when we are the counter attacking team and a team gives us space to work in, let's see if you say the same after struggling against a team who sit in.

• Like 11
  • Facepalm 1

Much better today.  Now twine is back we will be better against teams in a low block.  The team set out how they were today with 2 floating 10’s, Pring going down the outside and Roberts joining in with confidence and quality from defence will help us break these teams down.  Judge Liam in these last 7 games when he has the players available that he’s wanted and brought in.  Twine was his ace in the pack.  Let Liam prove he has what it takes when he has the one player we all know the squad needed and has been unfortunately unavailable. Next season add a real championship quality all round physical striker I think he will do well.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes Manning in. He’s not the enemy, that’s above him. And I can’t shake the feeling he has something. The real acid test for me - how do we look come October/September. We need to compete in 24/25, though it’s difficult for any manager with owners desperate to sabotage from within.

• Like 7

He does deserve credit today, a lot.

Our players seem to enjoy playing against better teams and this is now a run of better performances against them. It’s the Millwall, Cardiff, Stoke at home kind of games he has to find a way. Hopefully he can. Todays result was actually not that out of the ordinary in his time here.

Personally, just going to enjoy the result.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I hope all the boycotters enjoyed their visit to B&Q this afternoon.

I was really surprised how many empty seats there were in the ground today for a sell out, not just the usual spaces in the south stand but lots of spaces on the sides as well, 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Despite supposedly losing the dressing room, being out of his depth, and boring I'd say our manager deserves a lot of credit for today's excellent victory against Premier League bound Leicester.

Although I expect several of you to disagree.

Credit where it is due however i am reserving judgement on Manning untill we see a proper upturn in results and not just another flash in the pan which this result could very well turn out to be again..

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Yes Manning in. He’s not the enemy, that’s above him. And I can’t shake the feeling he has something. The real acid test for me - how do we look come October/September. We need to compete in 24/25, though it’s difficult for any manager with owners desperate to sabotage from within.

Exactly how I feel. When all is dead and buried he pulls those results out the bag, multiple times. But also fails to capitalise on the momentum afterwards. 

Would be happy with him and the side going into the summer if he gets at least 10 from the remaining 7, taking us to 60+ beating last years mark. 

Feel like that’s both achievable and a decent benchmark with the injuries and the general turbulent season we’ve had. 

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Enjoy the result and performance. A lot of the things said today were said after Southampton and looks how it went after.

He got it right today and fair enough to him, the staff and the team. Now try break down a team who sits in and see how the response is on here.

Going to keep going in circles if you get too high and defensive after every win against a big team. From the 25 odd games he's been here, in my opinion he hasn't showed enough.

We're good when we are the counter attacking team and a team gives us space to work in, let's see if you say the same after struggling against a team who sit in.

One thing I think is fair to say is that when we are good under manning, we are really good. That at least is something to build on. 

Lets see if we can carry it on this time. 

Really enjoyable game today. 

• Like 4

Some context needs to be considered as well. Leicester are having a pretty major crisis right now. They're facing 3 financial cases, their women's coach has just been sacked for inappropriate relationships, the board aren't really engaged with the owners, the players are grumbling at Maresca's workload demands, they've struggled to get results, and their rivals (Leeds in particular) have reeled them in from what was, at one point, an 18 (eighteen) point lead.

Each of those issues might in isolation be irrelevant, but as a melange of problems they are all having an impact.

Well done to us for capitalising on that today, but as I said a while ago, I actually don't think this was the surprise result that it will be painted as.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 6
  • Hmmm 1

16 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Despite supposedly losing the dressing room, being out of his depth, and boring I'd say our manager deserves a lot of credit for today's excellent victory against Premier League bound Leicester.

I disagree. I think Leicester are far from being Premier League bound.

You Reds!

Doo doo doo, beaten in a library.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

Twine was his ace in the pack.

V good performance by the whole team today, but I'm not seeing Twine as an ace in the pack at the moment.

I'm a big fan of Zak (not as a fashion icon) but he had a bit of an off day I think.

When is it we're getting the upgrade on Max by the way?.......................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Some context needs to be considered as well. Leicester are having a pretty major crisis right now. Their facing 3 financial cases, their women's coach has just been sacked for inappropriate relationships, the board aren't really engaged with the owners, the players are grumbling at Maresca's workload demands, they've struggled to get results, and their rivals (Leeds in particular) have reeled them from what was, at one point, and 18 (eighteen) point lead.

Each of those issues might in isolation be irrelevant, but as a melange of problems they are all having an impact.

Well done to us from capitalising on that today, but as I said a while ago, I actually don't think this was the surprise result that it will be painted as.

Came as a surprise to the Bookies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Came as a surprise to the Bookies.

Well then it's a shame I'm not a gambler.

But honestly, I live near Leicester, get a few little bits of info from the training ground as well. It's not a happy place right now, and I know several of their fans who won't be surprised at all when I see them.

• Like 5

It is a good result and one that should put to bed any lingering worries about relegation.

However what it doesn’t do is answer the overriding questions which are:

1) can we win consistently?

2) can we play well consistently?

3) can we produce our results and performances against the top teams in the division and Premier league teams in the cup against so-called “weaker” teams?

4) how do we square the desire to play possession football with the fact we get better results with less possession?

5) was this a genuine new dawn or simply another good performance on TV?

I’m happy to credit Manning for the win but, if it fair to give him credit when we do well then it is fair to give him criticism when we play badly.

Today’s result makes it very likely Manning will be here next season but he now has seven games to try to get the fans to feel confident with him at the helm. For me, he still has a long way to go.

• Like 17
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Personally, keeping hush until we see some consistency. 

As in literally any.

Was more impressed with Southampton as a performance - ironically thought Leicester looked bereft of any confidence.

Want this to to be a corner turned - however, thought the same at So'ton. 

8 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

One thing I think is fair to say is that when we are good under manning, we are really good. That at least is something to build on. 

Lets see if we can carry it on this time. 

Really enjoyable game today. 

Not sure I've been watching the same games, in the league at least I count those supposed 'really good performanes' on two fingers.

We played well today, but Vardy and Fatawu not fluffing their lines changes the complexion completely.

• Like 2