IGNORED

Manning in

Curr Avon

16 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I hope all the boycotters enjoyed their visit to B&Q this afternoon.

Congratulations on being smug 🙄 From my point of view it’s against the owners & there poor decision making . Id never want the team to lose , ever. 
were you posting like this after the Cardiff, QPR, Sheffield Wednesday shit shows ? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Congratulations on being smug 🙄 From my point of view it’s against the owners & there poor decision making . Id never want the team to lose , ever. 
were you posting like this after the Cardiff, QPR, Sheffield Wednesday shit shows ? 

Hope you managed to get some DIY done today. 😃

• Like 3

He set us up well and we played with spirit and intensity. And, crucially, he made good substitutions at the right time. And according to Sky we had more shots in the first half than in any other match this season. So, credit to Manning.

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Today’s result makes it very likely Manning will be here next season but he now has seven games to try to get the fans to feel confident with him at the helm. For me, he still has a long way to go.

Not half.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For me today opens up lots of questions, mainly centred around - why haven’t we played with that intent over the last x games, why have we too readily dropped into a low block, etc, etc?

Because today was a bit of a fortunate capitalisation against a team ripe for the taking and who we are suited to playing against?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I hope he’s learned what works for Bristol City at this level and he kicks on.

I hope he does too. I think he's got the potential, but it's been infuriating how he's been so stubborn and rigid. If he does see today and flex a little bit then great, brilliant, I'll feel good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For me today opens up lots of questions, mainly centred around - why haven’t we played with that intent over the last x games, why have we too readily dropped into a low block, etc, etc?

The opportunity has been there!

Baffling isn't it? Despite going on about Southampton it apparently hasn't occurred to him until now that perhaps we should carry on playing that way.

I thought he'd seen the light after the Saints game so I'll wait to see if he has this time.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Really enjoyable game of football. We played well and gave a good account of ourselves. I think we were fortunate to get 3 points, there were more than a few moments where I couldn’t believe they never scored, but equally Conway gave their defence a beating. Definitely felt like a game that could have been 2-2, but Vardy left his shooting boots at home whilst Max was outstanding. Really hard fought win, lots of commitment and much more direct play. More of that please. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Some context needs to be considered as well. Leicester are having a pretty major crisis right now. They're facing 3 financial cases, their women's coach has just been sacked for inappropriate relationships, the board aren't really engaged with the owners, the players are grumbling at Maresca's workload demands, they've struggled to get results, and their rivals (Leeds in particular) have reeled them from what was, at one point, an 18 (eighteen) point lead.

Each of those issues might in isolation be irrelevant, but as a melange of problems they are all having an impact.

Well done to us for capitalising on that today, but as I said a while ago, I actually don't think this was the surprise result that it will be painted as.

Sorry totally disagree , there form may be an issue but there woman’s coach doing what ever he has or has not done has nothing to do with how the game went , the players weren’t grumbling earlier in the year about his demands when they were 15 points clear , we beat them because we collectively played very well and got it tactically right 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Hope you managed to get some DIY done today. 😃

I watched the game. If you’re happy to blindly follow the owners without question that’s fine . That’s your decision. I have my own mind & make my own decisions . We played well & I enjoyed the win . Play like that consistently & I might change my mind. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Shame Twine and James have missed so many games this side of January, think they are instrumental to how LM actually wants to play. Would’ve given a much better scope on things going into the summer now. 

Needs to show he can learn from his previous mistakes now, has enough games left to turn opinions, it’s up to him to make that happen! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Despite supposedly losing the dressing room, being out of his depth, and boring I'd say our manager deserves a lot of credit for today's excellent victory against Premier League bound Leicester.

Although I expect several of you to disagree.

Yes, it’s amazing what you can achieve despite only having one eighth of the wisdom, tactical nous and man management and media skills of all the wise owls on this forum. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

He organised a win over a Leicester team doing all they can to avoid getting back to the premier league and being financially ruined.

Good result on paper. Reality is something different.

Yep I could definitely sense Vardy deliberately wanted to miss those 4 sitters

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

Shame Twine and James have missed so many games this side of January, think they are instrumental to how LM actually wants to play. Would’ve given a much better scope on things going into the summer now. 

Needs to show he can learn from his previous mistakes now, has enough games left to turn opinions, it’s up to him to make that happen! 

Do you think James will get offered a contract extension then? And Twine obviously isn't ours.

If they're instrumental to how he wants to play he has a funny way of showing it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, IAmNick said:

Do you think James will get offered a contract extension then? And Twine obviously isn't ours.

If they're instrumental to how he wants to play he has a funny way of showing it!

Don’t know if James being offered a contract extension is completely up to him? If it is i apologise but i don’t see why he won’t get offered one. Maybe he sees Max Bird as his replacement?

But he clearly wanted Twine permanently in Jan and James has gone straight back into the team on his return to fitness. Rightly so imo. 

20 minutes ago, redkev said:

Sorry totally disagree , there form may be an issue but there woman’s coach doing what ever he has or has not done has nothing to do with how the game went , the players weren’t grumbling earlier in the year about his demands when they were 15 points clear , we beat them because we collectively played very well and got it tactically right 

Why has their form gone of a cliff do you reckon? Why is Maresca bemoaning the "busy" international break?

Because the off-field issues across the club are causing rifts and distractions amongst the management, ownership, players, all the personnel at the club.

As I said, each individual issue won't derail a club, but add them all up and you end up with it impacting the on-pitch performances.

I gave us credit for today. We still have to turn up and play well to take advantage of the door being ajar. But the door was ajar today.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I watched the game. If you’re happy to blindly follow the owners without question that’s fine . That’s your decision. I have my own mind & make my own decisions . We played well & I enjoyed the win . Play like that consistently & I might change my mind. 

Don’t put words in my mouth. I haven’t said anything of the sort about”blindly following the owners”. Quite the opposite in fact. If you really enjoyed the win then stop being so overly sensitive about a one sentence post.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It's all very bizarre Dave. But that's Manning all over, lots of things that don't make sense and lots of contradictions. 

Against lesser teams we drop into a low block but then don't against better teams? How does that even make sense?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I can’t remember who is was that made the observation that under LJ, they’d be at a point where they thought he should go and then he’d pull a result out, and they softened, and started to give him the benefit of doubt again. All it was really doing was delaying the inevitable, as the downward trend was set after the first half of 17/18. It was a bumpy downward trend with some upswings, but a downward one nonetheless.

And that’s broadly where I am today. I thought it was an excellent performance - we pushed higher up the pitch, played with intensity and there were a few excellent performances (O’Leary, James and then just below that Pring, Roberts, Sykes and Knight). Yes, we had our luck in the Vardy chances but in the same way that a striker deserves credit for a great finish, Max deserves the credit for the saves.

But in essence, it changes nothing. We were here against Southampton and it reverted to the trend very quickly thereafter. Today, we can be pleased with a job well done and credit to both coach and players. But for it to change anyone’s opinion in view of the overall sample size to date is really not sensible.

Think it just confirms a couple of things for me, once in luck twice is a pattern as the saying goes. He can set us up to beat teams at the top end of the division. It doesn’t change things immediately but gives him a chance to prove himself in the last 7 games. 

I was close to writing him off personally but i’m less certain now. Just have a knack he has something about him 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Wanderingred said:

Don’t put words in my mouth. I haven’t said anything of the sort about”blindly following the owners”. Quite the opposite in fact. If you really enjoyed the win then stop being so overly sensitive about a one sentence post.

I’m far from sensitive . Of course I enjoyed it. So if you’re the opposite of blindly following then you might have similar views to me . Why have a pop at people boycotting games. Instead of trying to bait people , just enjoy the win . 

• Like 1