IGNORED

Manning in

Curr Avon

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Gary Owers made his opinion very clear who he thought was MotM post game on radio Brizz. Take a listen. 

I don't need to listen to Gary Owers (much as I like him), I was there & witnessed it with my own eyes. Max was my MoM, but everyone played well. Their bench was worth > £70m, we were never going to prevent them making chances (today was the 1st time they've failed to score since Nov). We played well today & could/should have had a pen before any of their chances.  It was a good game, you couldn't argue against a draw but I don't consider us lucky to have won.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TDarwall said:

I don't need to listen to Gary Owers (much as I like him), I was there & witnessed it with my own eyes. Max was my MoM, but everyone played well. Their bench was worth > £70m, we were never going to prevent them making chances (today was the 1st time they've failed to score since Nov). We played well today & could/should have had a pen before any of their chances.  It was a good game, you couldn't argue against a draw but I don't consider us lucky to have won.

Maybe you don’t listen to Owers. However you said my comment was disingenuous! Just pointing out the ex pros opinion was the same as mine. 

I’ve said before on here and on other forums that IMHO Liam deserves to be given a chance to start next season with his players. 
Whether they will really be HIS players, or players he’s been told to work with by the COO (possibly like LJ was??) is something I don’t know, but he should be allowed to start the season at least. 
We seem to play better against better opponents - today’s result was fantastic. Yes Vardy wasted 2 great chances, but we had 2 strong penalty shouts too and their keeper made a great double save. 
Can we keep the same self-belief going into the Plymouth game? That’s the key. 
Manning in for me - for now. As with all clubs and managers there comes a time when a managers job becomes untenable, but we have not reached that point imho. 
I’d stick with him, rather that another gamble on yet another JL/BT unknown appointment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Maybe you don’t listen to Owers. However you said my comment was disingenuous! Just pointing out the ex pros opinion was the same as mine. 

If he said Liam Manning was the right man for the job & should be given time & money would you agree (him being an ex pro)?

I'd be surprised if many City fans went home today thinking Max papered over the cracks. 

3 hours ago, gibbo7 said:

Much better today.  Now twine is back we will be better against teams in a low block.  The team set out how they were today with 2 floating 10’s, Pring going down the outside and Roberts joining in with confidence and quality from defence will help us break these teams down.  Judge Liam in these last 7 games when he has the players available that he’s wanted and brought in.  Twine was his ace in the pack.  Let Liam prove he has what it takes when he has the one player we all know the squad needed and has been unfortunately unavailable. Next season add a real championship quality all round physical striker I think he will do well.  

I think that’s fair. Today was good let’s see how we go from here then against sides that sit in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Good win both, but Saints and Leicester both in shaky form when visiting. Played both at a good time.

Ok, "form" poor choice of word re: Saints. Hindsight argument given that they lost 2 of next 3 in the league, but had been very, very open in recent games, noted by fans, and made 4 changes for the game, perhaps with an eye on the friday fixture with WBA. Notion was that run had to end and coming fixtures likely given how set up.

Edited by The Original OTIB

8 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

The way I look at it is we played as well as we can given the players we’ve got against a team with £40m players. For us to beat Leicester it’s a given that Max needed to be on point and he was. To people saying “lucky” it’s his job to give us a 9/10 every now and again!!

If Liam could deliver “as well as we can” on a more regular basis we’ll all be happier.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

I'd be surprised if many City fans went home today thinking Max papered over the cracks. 

I left AG surprised at how many chances  Leicester wasted, some down to Max but not all. Vardy missed at least three opportunities that in his prime would have buried but hey ho all teams miss chances…….:dunno:

Just now, Robbored said:

I left AG surprised at how many chances  Leicester wasted, some down to Max but not all. Vardy missed at least three opportunities that in his prime would have buried but hey ho all teams miss chances…….:dunno:

I left AG not giving a left bollock about Leicester for the simple reason it was so refreshing to watch us play some nice football at times and have a go.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

What’s probably getting lost in the maelstrom of opinions, and I say this as someone very vocally Manning out so probably a bit of praise hunting here, look we’re all willing to give praise and credit where it’s due. 

now I’ll hunt some face palms but the Pearson out brigade weren’t quite so generous - Ian looking at you 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

If he said Liam Manning was the right man for the job & should be given time & money would you agree (him being an ex pro)?

That win does paper over the cracks what's changed since last week what's changed in the last 20 years absolutely nothing,It's the same old same old everyone gets excited over odd games it's about the season not beating tops teams now and then and getting nowhere.

Edited by Street red

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

One swallow doesn’t make a summer.

Well at least if we add the FA Cup games and the Southampton and Watford wins we can say 5/6 swallows. 

Edited by mozo

Just give him a summer. This endless desire to chop and change benefits no one. He's been here 5 minutes. At one stage, wasn't it against West Brom few seasons back near to Christmas, the fans were baying for Pearsons head. Its getting boring now. 

Edited by Chairman Mao

If we play with that intensity and aggression every game Liam Manning won’t have any problems.

But we haven’t been. We’ve been powderpuff, we’ve been negative and we’ve sat off teams. Often poor teams and in front of our own fans. And our level of intensity and aggression has nothing to do with the opposition, that’s down to us.

We won’t always get it right and that’s fine. But he has to learn from today. That is on him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Just give him a summer. This endless desire to chop and change benefits no one. He's been here 5 minutes. At one stage, wasn't it against West Brom few seasons back near to Christmas, the fans were baying for Pearsons head. Its getting boring now. 

To be fair. The vast majority would have been happy for nige to get another three years to keep building , so I don’t think fans in general want to chop & change . It’s good to have stability. Unfortunately for manning , he’s come to a club with a largely pissed off fanbase & he’s hardly hit the ground running. Plus the ridiculous statements from the club did nothing but heap undue pressure on him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great win today and a superb performance from the lads. Vardy off day not to bury some of those chances he would normally slot home every game, max superb in the sticks also.

It’s another prime example of playing under manning. Great against teams who come at us and we can play counter football as has shown this season. We never had that ability before he came against the big teams in the league I don’t think?
At the same time we can’t break teams down who sit deep under mannings style. So frustrating. 

2 minutes ago, watkins1983 said:

Great win today and a superb performance from the lads. Vardy off day not to bury some of those chances he would normally slot home every game, max superb in the sticks also.

It’s another prime example of playing under manning. Great against teams who come at us and we can play counter football as has shown this season. We never had that ability before he came against the big teams in the league I don’t think?
At the same time we can’t break teams down who sit deep under mannings style. So frustrating. 

Here's a question then, how did Nige's teams do against sides that sit in? Or indeed LJ's?

4 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

So, a bit short on the back and sides?

Good to see us win otherwise we'd soon be getting a number one all over.

Nothing wrong with a Number One all over. I've had one for years - but only to cover up the creeping baldness😂

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Another three points at Home Park will virtually guarantee that Manning will be City's manager next campaign.

I think that after the Swansea result we weren't in serious danger from relegation. Sides lower in the table were playing each other so we were relatively safe. 

I think it needed an embarrassing score to get rid of him and after today's showing I don't think that's going to happen.

The team played well and played for him today. Hopefully, the inconsistencies will not return as players come back from injury. I know we've had 'turning points' before but today felt more like a big plus. 

1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Most of the good performances would have been the tactics implemented by the previous coaching team - no change was really needed 

Did Nige play tactics like today or are you just basing it on possession?