IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle away match thread

• Admin
17 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Never given him a go because I've never felt he was the right fit for us and that still stands to this day.

Rightly so 🤣🤣🤣 you're acting like we've just won the league. 

BTW, I'm glad that you and all the others have suddenly remembered your login details. I was getting worried.

You know full well it flips just the same when we lose 

Funny how those usual posters are missing this weekend 

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Danny Rohl would be top of my list. 

Fair play, that's one of the funniest things I've read on OTIB this weekend, he's been in charge of his first club for less than a season with a pretty dire record 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, phantom said:

You know full well it flips just the same when we lose 

Funny how those usual posters are missing this weekend 

Fair play, that's one of the funniest things I've read on OTIB this weekend, he's been in charge of his first club for less than a season with a pretty dire record 

1.24 ppg compared to Mannings 1.28 ppg with a far far lesser squad that was certain to go down. I'd say that's actually pretty damn good.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5

The revisionism is great. No matter what anyone says there were games where we were simply awful. 

What appears to have changed in the last couple of games is 

A We won them

B We played with an intent to go forward that was lacking 

• Like 11
  • Admin
5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

1.24 ppg compared to Mannings 1.28 ppg with a far far lesser squad that was certain to go down. I'd say that's actually pretty damn good.

That's really sad that you had that information at your finger tips to instantly post 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The revisionism is great. No matter what anyone says there were games where we were simply awful. 

What appears to have changed in the last couple of games is 

A We won them

B We played with an intent to go forward that was lacking 

Yes but not that many in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One or two suggestions by Plymouth fans that it could be NP although the smart money is surely on Warnock.

BBC Sport are reporting;

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip and first-team coach Kevin Nancekivell will take charge of the team for the remainder of the season.

First team coach Simon Ireland and goalkeeping coach Daryl Flahavan - who joined the club under Foster - will stay on their roles.  

No new saviour it seems...

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Edited by fixit
error on publish
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, mozo said:

We can agree to disagree there. 

However we are both hoping that Mr Manning has turned a metaphoric corner and we can play a bit more to the abilities of our players and a little less to an idea! 

A result at Sunderland will really be great for everyone. 

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, phantom said:

That's really sad that you had that information at your finger tips to instantly post 

You must be prepared in order to have the required excuse/explanation/whataboutary at the moments notice

PPG was held very dear by certain members of the forum not so long ago, seems to have been cast aside now. Weird

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Danny Rohl would be top of my list. 

What about him would make him top of your list?

5 months of managerial experience with a worse record than Manning, what about his time so far at Sheffield Wednesday makes you think he’d take us forward?

Just now, JBFC II said:

5 months of managerial experience with a worse record than Manning, what about his time so far at Sheffield Wednesday makes you think he’d take us forward?

The same things that apparently make Andy king qualified id expect 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, fixit said:

BBC Sport are reporting;

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip and first-team coach Kevin Nancekivell will take charge of the team for the remainder of the season.

First team coach Simon Ireland and goalkeeping coach Daryl Flahavan - who joined the club under Foster - will stay on their roles.  

No new saviour it seems...

The sillybillies

17 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

You must be prepared in order to have the required excuse/explanation/whataboutary at the moments notice

PPG was held very dear by certain members of the forum not so long ago, seems to have been cast aside now. Weird

Don't want to make it a bit of a moan after a win but PPG.

NP- 18/14..1.28-1.29

Manning...1.28 PPG

Were I being churlish I'd say :clapping:He has matched the level.

Indeed Pearson then the Fleming game 1.4 PPG, 40% Win Ratio.

Fortunately I'm not churlish and the last two games give signs for cautious optimism. Albeit by no means the finished article.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Things like this 

His background whilst similar in some regards to Mannings is far more decorative than Mannings. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/danny-rohl-sheffield-wednesday-retirement-red-bull-4568638

I doesn't take a genius to see the job he's done at Wednesday. Relegation certainties to them having a good chance of staying up. If he keeps Wednesday up then that will be a greater achievement than anything Manning has ever achieved. 

Rohl likes to play an intense game. He understands the passion involved in football and he harnesses that whilst at the same time as having all the hallmarks of a modern day coach. He has a strong sense of belief in camaraderie and that collective belief that would suit our squad. 

He's also not an AI bot. He comes accross as very likeable. He understands that fans are the heartbeat of football clubs. Quote from him from the Boro defeat "our support is premier league but our performance wasn't good enough today" you'd not hear Manning say anything like that. 

A very slight worse record with a far inferior squad. Youre trying to compare apples with oranges mate. Imagine what he could do with our squad! 

We all expected Wednesday to be like Rotherham yet here you are comparing them with us to suit a narrative. 

• Facepalm 5

One good thing I will say about Manning statistically at least. So far.

When we score first we have an outstanding record. Sometimes we concede too but still come through.

10 League Games win which we score first.

9 wins and just one loss. Granted that loss was relatively needed but that is not bad.

Otoh when we concede first, 3 draws and 10 losses.

There were two 0-0 draws.

It's a good thing and a bad thing but it is definitely a theme.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
3 hours ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Ian Foster has been sacked by Plymouth.

I remember a run of this one time under I think Wilson, every time we beat a club they sacked their manager.

It was as if we were the litmus paper test that season: "Right, he's lost to Bristol City so that means that he's out".

7 hours ago, mozo said:

Certainly enough to be seriously concerned. Cardiff and Swansea were enough to make me wonder whether watching pro football was worth the time and cost tbh. I think one or two (well one in particular) would do well to wait and see a bit longer before proclaiming themselves right all along and everyone else wrong.

It’s improved significantly “over a weekend” after two weeks on the grass but nothing has been finally cracked just yet. That 44% defeat record simply has to come down which means he has to keep picking up results - the longer that remains the less that fans who aren’t convinced yet will be prepared to back down on their view of him. 44% is 20 defeats a season for context.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

Well I was expecting much more from Argyle than that! A competent performance against opposition that offered little. Our remaining fixtures don’t look too bad, and we should definitely be aiming for a top half finish now.

Apart from the first 20mins they were poor,Max barely had a save to make - that’s why they’re where they are and consequently have sacked their manager. 

The result actually flattered Argyle, City were the better side and could/should have won by more.