IGNORED

Mbude

Results aside what was the point in this loan. Since he’s joined we’ve played 11 games.

1 game he didn’t make the squad 

7 times he’s sat on the bench and not got off it.

3 times he’s come off the bench for a grand total of 44 minutes. 

He’s not played since Cardiff away where he got 8 minutes on February 2nd.

Now we’re safe surely we either give him game time or bring some of our own youth players in who we think could step up.

Baffling loan so far. 

• Like 7

Think it’s pretty clear he’s nowhere near the level they were expecting him to be. Said in another thread, would be surprised to see him get another minute for us.

All in all a very odd one, especially considering the ‘visa issues’ fibbing from the club. Feel a bit sorry for him tbh. 

• Like 4

Hmmm. I have to say was surprised and disappointed to see the attitude after Leicester game, so many of the players chatting away and signing autographs. The said player walked away around from where fans were with headphones on and didn’t engage, wasn’t well received. Doubt will be here in summer, gave the impression wasn’t interested. 

Whoever brought him in or recommend him should been relieved of there duties appalling piece of recruitment 

( if he is that bad he can’t get on the pitch ) we don’t know because we don’t get to see him , like others have said feel sorry for the lad his confidence must be shot to bits 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Think it’s pretty clear he’s nowhere near the level they were expecting him to be. Said in another thread, would be surprised to see him get another minute for us.

All in all a very odd one, especially considering the ‘visa issues’ fibbing from the club. Feel a bit sorry for him tbh. 

Shite due dilligence by the club.

Thankfully (I hope) not another Styvar..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Hmmm. I have to say was surprised and disappointed to see the attitude after Leicester game, so many of the players chatting away and signing autographs. The said player walked away around from where fans were with headphones on and didn’t engage, wasn’t well received. Doubt will be here in summer, gave the impression wasn’t interested. 

May have been embarrassed to sign autographs not having got on the pitch. Either that  or he was too pissed off and disappointed for the same reason.

Audi Alteram Partem.

21 minutes ago, Ziderarmy said:

Results aside what was the point in this loan. Since he’s joined we’ve played 11 games.

Now we’re safe surely we either give him game time or bring some of our own youth players in who we think could step up.

Baffling loan so far. 

Someone wanted a closer look. They have now looked. If we didn’t have a youth cup semi tomorrow I’m not convinced he would even be in the squad. 

• Like 2

Said in the matchday thread I was watching him in the warm up. He was half hearted to say the least.

Then he disappeared down the tunnel after about 20 mins. Think he reappeared later but was still a bit odd.

I dont see the problem with getting him in for what is essentially a trial for 4/5 months, if hes not up to it, weve had a good look anyway. Thats as long as we didnt blow the budget for a new striker by bringing mabude in, which hopefully wasnt the case, but who knows with the way we are run.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Talk Of The Town said:

Not good enough.

id rather we develop our own academy 

Many on here were saying that about Mehmeti not so long ago.

Coaches are employed to improve young players but it usually takes time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mozo said:

He was a punt that didn't work out but it's not really a big deal.

He's become a "pathway blocker" which I thought we didn't want anymore.

Bring on one of our own wasn't it?

I think it's a big deal for Yeboah and possibly others from the academy.

What's that noise?..... oh it's one of the 5 pillars crashing to the ground....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Ziderarmy said:

Baffling loan so far. 

Please can you respectfully spell Dire's surname correctly? It's Mebude.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’d find him a start or two in our last 6 games I think. We know Twine’s quality, we don’t know Mebude’s. I feel for the lad and would like to see him given a shot. 

Fair point, and we’re also putting twine in the shop window a little bit if he has a storming end of season. Could see Burnley raise his price or someone else come in etc

Although I’d be surprised if teams weren’t already aware 

42 minutes ago, redkev said:

Whoever brought him in or recommend him should been relieved of there duties appalling piece of recruitment 

( if he is that bad he can’t get on the pitch ) we don’t know because we don’t get to see him , like others have said feel sorry for the lad his confidence must be shot to bits 

Hasn’t realised you were Manning out! 😉

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’d find him a start or two in our last 6 games I think. We know Twine’s quality, we don’t know Mebude’s. I feel for the lad and would like to see him given a shot. 

Why would we do that?

He’s not our player & it was blindingly obvious from the QPR game he’s a million miles away from the required standard. 

He’s only on the bench now because we don’t have anyone else & we are trying to minimise the embarrassment of signing him.

The person who mentioned Mehmeti has to be having a laugh. Even at his most inconsistent we are talking about a player who had a season at this level with Wycombe & had scored the winner at Stoke last season.

This lad has made 3 appearances in Belgian football & played 44 minutes for us.

There’s a good reason he’s not getting off the bench, he isn’t good enough.

Edited by GrahamC

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

But yeah, let’s write him off because we’ve seen him play 40 minutes of football as a late substitute in a struggling team. 

But sadly that is what football fans are... totally fickle.

It's all about the here and now.. the same can be said for the manager !  The noise will go away now for a few weeks in that regards

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Someone wanted a closer look. They have now looked. If we didn’t have a youth cup semi tomorrow I’m not convinced he would even be in the squad. 

Completely agree, if we don't progress I'd fully expect different players to be involved for the remainder of the season 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Let’s write off a 19 year old, shall we. 

Do you know what Conway was doing at the same age. He’s just come off of a loan at Bath City and was making an odd appearance here and there for us. 
Sam Bell at the same age had just come off of a loan at Grimsby. 
Let’s even go as far as Vyner. At the same age he was on loan at Accrington. 
I could go on. 

Some of the comments seem to suggest the kid can’t even play football and is some sort of competition winner! 
Somewhat disrespectful that chaps. 

I’m not gonna get caught up in any hype, but you don’t get voted Man City’s academy player of the year if you are shit. Nor do you get called up to national teams age groups 16’s, 19’s and 21’s. 
He actually has the same amount of Scotland u21 goals as Conway. And he’s 2 years younger. 

But yeah, let’s write him off because we’ve seen him play 40 minutes of football as a late substitute in a struggling team. 

Yeah ok. 

Let's put it another way, those that see him play and train every day clearly don't see anything in him otherwise he'd be on the pitch more, and we're not talking just about his time with us

Additionally I'd certainly not refer to us as a struggling team and if we were he should be able to shine in that position 

There's got to be more than a coincidence why he has played so little in over a year 

The Manchester City time was a while ago now and he wouldn't be the first to lose his way 

He also wasn't voted player of the year, he got voted players player of the year 

Screenshot_20240401_220116_Flashscore.jpg

Screenshot_20240401_220110_Flashscore.jpg

Screenshot_20240401_220101_Flashscore.jpg

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Do you know what Conway was doing at the same age. He’s just come off of a loan at Bath City and was making an odd appearance here and there for us. 
I could go on. 

Some of the comments seem to suggest the kid can’t even play football and is some sort of competition winner! 

I’m not gonna get caught up in any hype, but you don’t get voted Man City’s academy player of the year if you are shit. Nor do you get called up to national teams age groups 16’s, 19’s and 21’s. 
He actually has the same amount of Scotland u21 goals as Conway. And he’s 2 years younger. 

Yeah ok. 

Personally I did say , I have no idea if he is decent because he just isn’t getting any minuite anywhere either first team or u21s just all seems a bit bizarre , he confidence can’t be very high at all 

• Like 1

Maybe he was signed with an agreed deal for the summer, then it kind of makes sense.

It allows him to begin settling at his new club before we tie up the deal. 

Like Murphy and Stokes he is a kid trying to step up to the mens game, he could still be a very good longterm signing as his pedigree suggests but needs a bit of time developing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I could go on. 

Yeah ok. 

I certainly wouldn't write him off long term, but he's been a poor/pointless signing for us, which I think is the main point being made.

I was a bit miffed that Man City's "academy player of the year" ended up at a bottom half Belgian league club.

That did sort of suggest his career was heading in the wrong direction, and it looks like he won't be turning his career around here, or indeed at Westerlo. 

• Like 6

You can never fully know what player you are going to get, only have to look at two of our high profile loanees turned perms in to know that even when theres try before we buy it doesn’t always work.

said before that with twine and mebude there’s a case of thinking what type of player you might want, getting them in and seeing how it works, hence the loan. If it is that player great, sign him up or if not available someone similar. Mebude is currently an enigma. Must be a player in there but wrong time of the season to find him - but of course could have gone another way.. potentially undervalued needs the right coach and right situation etc