IGNORED

Mbude

54 minutes ago, Jacki said:

There’s an awful lot to the transition from kid’s football to men’s. Ability is important of course, but there are loads of lads who are at a similar level in academies who go on the have fundamentally different career outcomes. Attitude and hard work mean way more than ability once you reach a certain level. 

The mental side of it is huge as well…. Suddenly playing in front of 20,000 people after spending your life in front of a few dozen is a massive shift and it’s no wonder a lot of players struggle with that.

In my experience, the academy system is pretty brutal for kids mentally. Having seen it at close quarters it’s an incredibly tough environment for a lot of the boys with very little support, despite what they say nowadays about player support etc. I imagine Mbude will have had all and sundry telling him how amazing he is for as long as he can remember and just won’t be prepared for how hard he’s finding things now. I really hope the kid makes it somewhere and doesn’t become another that got away. 

He could be playing in the old firm derby right now, but left the club who had developed him for years, presumably for the money.

He left Glasgow Rangers not Accrington Stanley, so he has a very high opinion of himself.

Harsh I know but I couldnt give a shit whether he makes it or not.

The signing reminds me a lot of the Lois Diony loan from the outside. Had performed well in the past but had struggled leading up to us signing him. Bring him in and hope you can get the better version playing for you. I’d rather we loan these players first and take a look at them than sign them like Gustav Engvall and never play them and have them stuck on a three year deal nowhere near the first team set up. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

The signing reminds me a lot of the Lois Diony loan from the outside. Had performed well in the past but had struggled leading up to us signing him. Bring him in and hope you can get the better version playing for you. I’d rather we loan these players first and take a look at them than sign them like Gustav Engvall and never play them and have them stuck on a three year deal nowhere near the first team set up. 

Diony had 3 full seasons of Ligue 1 football under his belt when he signed on loan, it didn’t work out but he was an experienced forward.

Mebude is 19 & had started 1 game in the Belgian league & made 2 sub appearances.

Beyond the fact they were both on loan & haven’t worked out I’m struggling to see any similarities at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

Reminds me more of the Leko signing.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Diony had 3 full seasons of Ligue 1 football under his belt when he signed on loan, it didn’t work out but he was an experienced forward.

Mebude is 19 & had started 1 game in the Belgian league & made 2 sub appearances.

Beyond the fact they were both on loan & haven’t worked out I’m struggling to see any similarities at all.

I meant in terms of not performing well for their parent clubs but having potential to be a good player rather than their age or senior games played.

31 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes don't get it. Did LM not want him. Do we assume he does enough in training to get his seat on the bench but not seen as good enough to get minutes ?

I think he gets his seat on the bench because the squad is so small, plus LM doesn’t want to put other younger players there. If Mbude didn’t even make the bench that would mean LM is admitting he’d made a big mistake and he doesn’t want to do that 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

IMG_0245.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg

‘Probably’ ‘might’ = we had no intention of playing him regardless of what was happening. 

Glad that Piercy referenced those three, they were the three I’d brought up that made the whole signing make absolutely no sense regardless of loan or perm. All very odd. 

I see they’ve totally stopped mentioning the ‘visa issues’ too?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

IMG_0245.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg

Also adds to your point you've been making about worrying about the other team rather than putting our mark on the game.

He didn't make an attacking change to give them something to think about, he made a change that worried about the opposition's strengths.

Absolutely pointless in a dead rubber that realistically would have made little difference between drawing 0-0 and losing 1-0.

23 hours ago, Red Billy said:

Well.....one was dire and one is Dire...other than that.....

7 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I think he gets his seat on the bench because the squad is so small, plus LM doesn’t want to put other younger players there. If Mbude didn’t even make the bench that would mean LM is admitting he’d made a big mistake and he doesn’t want to do that 

But by giving no minutes dies that not suggest he did not want Mbdude?

28 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

But by giving no minutes dies that not suggest he did not want Mbdude?

It may be he wanted him based on the favourable scouting information he received. If so the blame lies with the scouting system 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It may be he wanted him based on the favourable scouting information he received. If so the blame lies with the scouting system 

Speculation klaxon ⚠️ 

I’d be amazed if this player was sourced by Sean’s data team (technical recruitment) but I suspect this came from LM and he was tracking him from his CFG background and looking at him from an Oxford perspective prior to coming here.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Speculation klaxon ⚠️ 

I’d be amazed if this player was sourced by Sean’s data team (technical recruitment) but I suspect this came from LM and he was tracking him from his CFG background and looking at him from an Oxford perspective prior to coming here.

Taps the sign ⬇️⬇️

On 07/04/2024 at 10:41, Silvio Dante said:

I think this is one of the concerns - whether Liam knows what there is to succeed at this level as the gap is large. Just because Mehmeti may have been a good signing for Oxford, based on his overall performance level I can’t see there has been a case for him to play virtually every game LM has been in charge for. In short, is he picking players because they’d be good at league one or because they can do it in the championship?

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Ziderarmy said:

If he can’t get in when we’re 4-0 up at home he might as well just go home…

My thoughts exactly 

Pay him off, thank him for his time and give him a long holiday 

He can't be going back to Westerlo so time to get ahead of the game and sort his future out 

Just now, phantom said:

My thoughts exactly 

Pay him off, thank him for his time and give him a long holiday 

He can't be going back to Westerlo so time to get ahead of the game and sort his future out 

Completly agree, when Andy King comes in ahead of you when 4-0 up at home after 83 mins it’s time to walk. 

• Like 2