IGNORED

Mbude

15 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Thought Manning said that he had scouted him extensively. Unfortunately the work experience analyst is still Head Coach.

Well if the reports that Tottenham, Club Bruge and PSV Eindhoven were keen to sign him are true, someone somewhere must have seen something in him. If the terms of his loan allowed I would have liked to see him play a couple of U21 games to acclimatise to our style of play and then include him in the first team. Thought there were a couple of good touches when he did come on. Would like him get a chance  Saturday to show why we signed him.

On 21/04/2024 at 11:07, 1960maaan said:

I am amazed he's not been given a run in the U21s. When you think a few of the first team who actually play, notably Kahki , have had a run out for them just to get minutes. Training is one thing, but surely seeing him in a match would be good, even if it is one the U21.

Maybe hes Billy big spuds and refuses to be anywhere but the first team because his contract says so, even though established pros are happy for the run out.

On 21/04/2024 at 13:54, sh1t_ref_again said:

I going against the grain here and all the expert sages we have on here, when he came on I thought he had a nice touch but looked a total stranger to his team mates which was not surprising given he had only just come in. The step up in fitness and speed of the championship is massive to a player who has not been playing, but the clips of him training from a while back he looked to have good quality finishing, but perhaps he needs time physically to be up to this level.

As for not getting on the pitch, I will give an alternative conspiracy theory that we are happy for other teams to not seem him play, particularly if we are having to negotiate a deal for him.

Of course I could be wrong and he will go back and never be heard from again, but even if thats the case we lost very little bringing him in and looking and so what if he is just sat on the bench we cannot fill anyway.

Sounds sensible to me, in the old days we would spend millions on players then never play them, bringing him in for not a lot to have a look at him seems like a good idea compared to what happened with engvall, szomdics et al.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Well if the reports that Tottenham, Club Bruge and PSV Eindhoven were keen to sign him are true, someone somewhere must have seen something in him. If the terms of his loan allowed I would have liked to see him play a couple of U21 games to acclimatise to our style of play and then include him in the first team. Thought there were a couple of good touches when he did come on. Would like him get a chance  Saturday to show why we signed him.

Just looking those links up, it seems Fabrizio Romano did one tweet linking DM with the above and it was picked up by the Standard but then there were no further reports/links post that point. It smacks of an agent planting the story as opposed to genuine interest, and you’d have thought if they were genuinely interested they could have beaten Westerlo - particularly as he’s warming their bench before he warmed ours.

With the whole work permit debacle and what we’ve seen here in terms of not touching the side there appears to be more fiction than fact as far as Dire is concerned.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Sounds sensible to me, in the old days we would spend millions on players then never play them, bringing him in for not a lot to have a look at him seems like a good idea compared to what happened with engvall, szomdics et al.

I wonder what influence if any Tommy had in him coming here. After all they play together for Scotland U21s. 

20 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

What do you mean by "the old days"? If you mean LJ time here then yes.

Apart from that shambles, I don't remember any time from 1950 onwards that we spent lot's of money on transfer fees and didn't play them.

Some like Hugh McImoyle who were not very good here but we sold him on and got John Galley as his replacement. He did quite well here!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

What do you mean by "the old days"? If you mean LJ time here then yes.

Apart from that shambles, I don't remember any time from 1950 onwards that we spent lot's of money on transfer fees and didn't play them.

Some like Hugh McImoyle who were not very good here but we sold him on and got John Galley as his replacement. He did quite well here!

We didn’t spend a lot of money on him , but I was always bemused by the case of Jim Harvey, a very good midfield player who we signed in 1987 and who only played three times for us.  I remember him saying at the time that he couldn’t understand why Terry Cooper signed him if he didn’t think he was any good.

There was also the strange case of Laurie Pearson, a left back who we signed from Hull in the summer transfer window of 1987, and then swapped for Russell Bromage before the season even started.

Edited by The Dolman Pragmatist
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2024 at 11:28, GrahamC said:

Gnonto went on strike at the start of the season at Leeds to try & force a move to Everton through.

Dinning absolutely had us over, he promised whilst on loan to move down here if we signed him permanently but when we did, refused to do so.

Another of Tinnion’s brilliant signings as manager.

Give it a rest a lot of water under that bridge, Tinnion must be front and centre in everyone's thoughts on here to continually slag off. God how I dislike internet bullies, IF he was in the same room as him you would be fawning all over Tinman wouldn't you?

There was the 3 Lions debacle when it was then to voice any points to the ensemble and not even a titter, the keyboards are so much safer eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Hmmm 1

Sick of all the snidey posts tbh, just like a bunch of old 'wimmin' sticking in the boot when patently there is no justification at all, it says OTIB on the tin and yet some /most seem to delight in undermining this club and what it is obviously striding for. Is it a Bristol malaise that has to constantly attack individuals? The very people who have the best interests for Bristol City, I know football fans are fickle by nature but this forum currently is demonstrating a dislike for the club and most certainly the people who are employed by the club.

Dare anyone actually call out these posts they are quickly dealt with by a follow up of :laugh:'s or face palms....or even memes demonstrating to me they have lost the argument and resort to basic trolling.

This forum must be food and drink to the other lot, FFS show a bit of support.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

20 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Sick of all the snidey posts tbh, just like a bunch of old 'wimmin' sticking in the boot when patently there is no justification at all, it says OTIB on the tin and yet some /most seem to delight in undermining this club and what it is obviously striding for. Is it a Bristol malaise that has to constantly attack individuals? The very people who have the best interests for Bristol City, I know football fans are fickle by nature but this forum currently is demonstrating a dislike for the club and most certainly the people who are employed by the club.

Dare anyone actually call out these posts they are quickly dealt with by a follow up of :laugh:'s or face palms....or even memes demonstrating to me they have lost the argument and resort to basic trolling.

But the issue is that you don’t debate. You’ve brought up a few times “The Truth” and when asked to expand have said “It’s something you deny” as opposed to giving any kind of coherent argument. You get the memes and facepalms not because others have lost - but because you can’t, or won’t, give coherent points.

In respect of being sick of snidey posts, I’d argue you’re equally as guilty - across multiple threads in the last 48 hours you’ve referred to “Nige Groupies” and brought him up unprompted on at least one thread. You’ve then just gone on a bizarre rant at @GrahamC when a valid point has been made about the providence of signing Medube (where Tinnion was very vocal on Twitter as to how good the signing was, so the player not playing is very relevant criticism).

Supporting a team isn’t assuming Brian Tinnion is infallible- in fact, evidence in senior roles is very much the contrary.

I’d argue that supporting a team is very much not just blindly shouting how awesome everything is - in fact, we often mock the other lot because of their lack of ability to critique, so it’s actually the opposite of your final sentence. You blindly not questioning and “FFS showing a bit of support” is actually the meat and drink to other fans.

If you want to avoid the facepalms, debate. Or keep shouting at clouds and think something’s happening that isn’t.

And for everyone else I apologise if this makes the Medube thread “hot” - we’re not signing him (we hope!)

(Aside on DM - I saw a theory earlier that we weren’t playing him so we didn’t alert teams to him. Utter nonsense. We’ve agreed a fee. If we want him he’s our player. He’s not playing because he was pony when he did play and because the coaching staff have seen him for 3 months and concluded he’s not good enough).

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 7

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

But the issue is that you don’t debate. You’ve brought up a few times “The Truth” and when asked to expand have said “It’s something you deny” as opposed to giving any kind of coherent argument. You get the memes and facepalms not because others have lost - but because you can’t, or won’t, give coherent points.

In a nutshell.

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Supporting a team isn’t assuming Brian Tinnion is infallible- in fact, evidence in senior roles is very much the contrary.

More nutshells.  It’s perfectly fine to critique the team, the club, individuals, as it is to praise them.  I don’t go down the “names” used, because that’s not me.

The defence of team, club, individuals on the basis that you must to be a “true supporter” is incredulous, especially without giving any reason.  “Just because I say so” is t really how forums work.

So @cotswoldred2, why not join in, have that discussion, you might find people actually understand where you’re coming from.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

In respect of being sick of snidey posts, I’d argue you’re equally as guilty - across multiple threads in the last 48 hours you’ve referred to “Nige Groupies” and brought him up unprompted on at least one thread. You’ve then just gone on a bizarre rant at @GrahamC when a valid point has been made about the providence of signing Medube (where Tinnion was very vocal on Twitter as to how good the signing was, so the player not playing is very relevant criticism).

I’d argue that supporting a team is very much not just blindly shouting how awesome everything is - in fact, we often mock the other lot because of their lack of ability to critique, so it’s actually the opposite of your final sentence. You blindly not questioning and “FFS showing a bit of support” is actually the meat and drink to other fans.

If you want to avoid the facepalms, debate. Or keep shouting at clouds and think something’s happening that isn’t.

And for everyone else I apologise if this makes the Medube thread “hot” - we’re not signing him (we hope!)

(Aside on DM - I saw a theory earlier that we weren’t playing him so we didn’t alert teams to him. Utter nonsense. We’ve agreed a fee. If we want him he’s our player. He’s not playing because he was pony when he did play and because the coaching staff have seen him for 3 months and concluded he’s not good enough).

Tins, Manning and all and sundry that might not always fit the vision of the well versed on here with all things football. Lets face it we have a wealth of members on here that simply know better than those that are paid professionals at the club and can prove it by an endless stream of spread sheets pie charts and whatever to back it up.

As said, I understand football fans by nature are opinionated and full of shit if you will, but the constant name calling and quite honestly unjustified personal ,yes snide remarks is becoming the main feature on here and quite frankly it's dull and boring, just now quoting a Tins signing all those years ago as crap.

I enjoy debating, and I do on other sites, but I hate bullying, yes I might have a poke with the groupies comment etc but that is not really insulting, just a dig.

As I said this cynical Bristol thing is very much a reality, if you need a reason why this club has not played in the Prem well this I am sure is a factor, a sprinkling of blind support as seen with Luton, Palace Forest all clubs much the same as us in size have it in spades.

It seems on here being a loyal City fan is very much ridiculed. 

Finally, currently I feel happy with the club than I have for a few years, including the Pearson reign, I did find him oppressive and not at all engaging, and this I am sure is why he was sacked, by us and others.

55 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Quick question ...

You do know you can look at the Club , the owners , the Staff and players as separate entities don't you ?

You can love the Club and really dislike and criticise any of the others , you really can.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Tins, Manning and all and sundry that might not always fit the vision of the well versed on here with all things football. Lets face it we have a wealth of members on here that simply know better than those that are paid professionals at the club and can prove it by an endless stream of spread sheets pie charts and whatever to back it up.

As said, I understand football fans by nature are opinionated and full of shit if you will, but the constant name calling and quite honestly unjustified personal ,yes snide remarks is becoming the main feature on here and quite frankly it's dull and boring, just now quoting a Tins signing all those years ago as crap.

I enjoy debating, and I do on other sites, but I hate bullying, yes I might have a poke with the groupies comment etc but that is not really insulting, just a dig.

As I said this cynical Bristol thing is very much a reality, if you need a reason why this club has not played in the Prem well this I am sure is a factor, a sprinkling of blind support as seen with Luton, Palace Forest all clubs much the same as us in size have it in spades.

It seems on here being a loyal City fan is very much ridiculed. 

Finally, currently I feel happy with the club than I have for a few years, including the Pearson reign, I did find him oppressive and not at all engaging, and this I am sure is why he was sacked, by us and others.

if being a loyal city fan means i have to be like you then im sorry, i dont want to be one

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Lets face it we have a wealth of members on here that simply know better than those that are paid professionals at the club and can prove it by an endless stream of spread sheets pie charts and whatever to back it up.

This attitude I don’t understand. Might as well shut the forum down.

It’s a fans forum, for people to discuss their thoughts and opinions with other fans.  How people get across their points is up to them.  Better to try to explain it that just say “I’m right, you’re wrong”.

How do you think Liam Manning explains things with his audience (his players)?  Videos, drawings (animations), data. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In a nutshell.

More nutshells.  It’s perfectly fine to critique the team, the club, individuals, as it is to praise them.  I don’t go down the “names” used, because that’s not me.

The defence of team, club, individuals on the basis that you must to be a “true supporter” is incredulous, especially without giving any reason.  “Just because I say so” is t really how forums work.

So @cotswoldred2, why not join in, have that discussion, you might find people actually understand where you’re coming from.

I don't really have the time or the inclination really to micro examine everything backstage that goes on at the club, the club politics are for others to inspect, my motivation as it has been for many decades is the team on a Saturday or whenever to win hopefully and if we don't perhaps the Rovers will as the old Bristol saying went.

I don't really care who the manager is or was, be it Fred Ford Alan Dicks, or the current MANning, I am blindly crazy still about this club, life would have been a lot easier if Dad and his Dad never took me to the Gate, but hey that's me.

Like I said a bit of crazy unwarranted (perhaps) support for the club might be the missing piece in the puzzle but that is not a realistic Bristol trait really.

15 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Quick question ...

You do know you can look at the Club , the owners , the Staff and players as separate entities don't you ?

You can love the Club and really dislike any of the others , you really can.

No, I see it as a whole really. I respect all the club players ,staff, management, and owners, and I can see no reason why any one of those at this time deserve condemnation.

It's the only way forward, if you want to go in that direction, otherwise get off the bus.

Just now, cotswoldred2 said:

I don't really have the time or the inclination really to micro examine everything backstage that goes on at the club, the club politics are for others to inspect, my motivation as it has been for many decades is the team on a Saturday or whenever to win hopefully and if we don't perhaps the Rovers will as the old Bristol saying went.

I don't really care who the manager is or was, be it Fred Ford Alan Dicks, or the current MANning, I am blindly crazy still about this club, life would have been a lot easier if Dad and his Dad never took me to the Gate, but hey that's me.

Like I said a bit of crazy unwarranted (perhaps) support for the club might be the missing piece in the puzzle but that is not a realistic Bristol trait really.

It’s nothing to do with a Bristolian trait.  And again you seem to keep insisting that support means “must not critique” and therefore anyone criticising can’t be a supporter.

Critical thinking is very different to just criticising and doesn’t mean you don’t support the team. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

It seems on here being a loyal City fan is very much ridiculed

Ridiculed by whom?…..we’re all City fans - like an unrelated family in some ways. 

As for Nige - the reason for his sacking has been done to death because the ‘reasoning’ dished out by the hierarchy at AG was about as close to lily livered as anyone can get.

We all have our suspicions and although I can’t speak for everyone the overall consensus seems to be that Nige was too outspoken and pissed off the higher ups.

He’s gone and most of the fanbase are trying to get behind Manning.

7 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

No, I see it as a whole really. I respect all the club players ,staff, management, and owners, and I can see no reason why any one of those at this time deserve condemnation.

It's the only way forward, if you want to go in that direction, otherwise get off the bus.

That is some real North Korean type shit.

So I really hated Osman & Pulis , so I'm not a City fan ? 

50 odd years following City around the Country , but because I thought Gary Stanley was useless I'm not a real fan ?

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It’s nothing to do with a Bristolian trait.  And again you seem to keep insisting that support means “must not critique” and therefore anyone criticising can’t be a supporter.

Critical thinking is very different to just criticising and doesn’t mean you don’t support the team. 

Isn't it? A Bristol trait, I think it very much is Dave, maybe we don't have the right stuff in our DNA to be a Prem team too affluent some say, or a Rugby City that is not the working man's life style that fashioned Manchester Leeds Glasgow etc, we did have a bit of that in the past, but matchday is like a family day out with the kids now, no passion, craft beers and fine dining.

Of course we can critique, but you are a decent likeable bloke and I am sure all this childish name calling must grind your gears. You see it sets the whole tone on OTIB and if you are not on that bandwagon you must be a happy clapper or worse, and in my case much worse.

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This attitude I don’t understand. Might as well shut the forum down.

It’s a fans forum, for people to discuss their thoughts and opinions with other fans.  How people get across their points is up to them.  Better to try to explain it that just say “I’m right, you’re wrong”.

How do you think Liam Manning explains things with his audience (his players)?  Videos, drawings (animations), data. 🤷🏻‍♂️

But I honestly thought that was your job, what are you saying.... he has his own statman?