IGNORED

Mbude

Just now, petehinton said:

Pretty sure he went down the tunnel into the changing room before the game had even finished

Not for the first time apparently?

Feel sorry for the lad tbh. Not good enough to play, but for some reason sits on the bench every week. Doesn’t even feature for u21s either.

The lads moved countries for this too.

I don’t know or care for blame necessarily just seems a little unfair on him.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Feel sorry for the lad tbh. Not good enough to play, but for some reason sits on the bench every week. Doesn’t even feature for u21s either.

Yep. If he's not considered up to standard then so be it, these things happen. And he can't control how the club presented his signing.

41 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

We don’t know the whole story so can only trust Mannings judgment.  We certainly shouldn’t be sympathetic just because he’s made a few sacrifices to come here on loan.   That being said, I would rather he’s not even put on the bench and it’s given to one of the lads from our own academy. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

We don’t know the whole story so can only trust Mannings judgment.  We certainly shouldn’t be sympathetic just because he’s made a few sacrifices to come here on loan.   That being said, I would rather he’s not even put on the bench and it’s given to one of the lads from our own academy. 

He’s robbed a spot sure, but was probably worth the gamble. 

• Hmmm 1

I think today confirmed two things:

- We’re not signing him

- There have to be clauses in the loan with Westerlo that say we get penalties if he’s not in the squad. There is no other rational explanation for his continued presence on the bench but not the pitch.

I felt really sorry for him today - looked over at about 65 minutes and the other subs were warming up but he was just sat there. He knew he was never getting on. Got to be soul destroying for him.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

- We’re not signing him

- There have to be clauses in the loan with Westerlo that say we get penalties if he’s not in the squad. There is no other rational explanation for his continued presence on the bench but not the pitch.

I felt really sorry for him today - looked over at about 65 minutes and the other subs were warming up but he was just sat there. He knew he was never getting on. Got to be soul destroying for him.

I don't feel sorry for him. I'm really glad that King and Morrison got on. They're a much higher priority. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

- We’re not signing him

I`ve spotted the flaw in your argument. We only get penalties if he is in the squad....................................................

Perhaps he`s telepathic and influences the ref from the bench. It would explain a lot and is the only rational explanation in my opinion.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don't feel sorry for him. I'm really glad that King and Morrison got on. They're a much higher priority. 

Oh I’m in agreement there. More so on a personal level this move (and you’d also argue the Man City to Westerlo move) have damaged his career in how they’ve turned out, perhaps fatally. I’d much rather we did the right thing for Bristol City or to give Andy King a warranted send off, but as a person - acknowledging that he may well be at fault or have an agent that’s not advised him well on his moves - it’s hard not to feel some sympathy. He probably just wants away from here - and possibly football in general considering his last year.

5 hours ago, Graham76 said:

Whilst I agree, and I’m happy for City to do what’s best for them, on a personal level I feel for the lad. He’s only 19.

It’s hard to speculate on much else without knowing the circumstances, I’m not putting blame on the club - if he’s turned out to be not good enough then fair enough although it’s all very weird.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Oh I’m in agreement there. More so on a personal level this move (and you’d also argue the Man City to Westerlo move) have damaged his career in how they’ve turned out, perhaps fatally. I’d much rather we did the right thing for Bristol City or to give Andy King a warranted send off, but as a person - acknowledging that he may well be at fault or have an agent that’s not advised him well on his moves - it’s hard not to feel some sympathy. He probably just wants away from here - and possibly football in general considering his last year.

The kid needs to find a home, that's for sure. He's learning about levels at least.

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

The kid needs to find a home, that's for sure. He's learning about levels at least.

Whilst it hasn't worked out for him here, he's only 19 so I wouldn't write him off. Like TC he's a Scottish U21 player and like TC has scored 1 goal for them . He came with a glowing pedigree and I'm sorry we haven't seen the 'skilfull forward with blistering pace' maybe we will at Stoke . 

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 1