IGNORED

Mbude

40 minutes ago, Bcfc willzyak said:

Atleast he sits on the bench because if I knew I wasn’t go to play I wouldn’t be turning up, at least he must have some sort of a good attitude 

You might get away with that attitude if you were playing in a pub league. These guys are professionals and turn up for work regardless.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The difference is Reid and Semenyo could be seen playing. We could see  Semenyo for Newport and Reid had played about 30 games before his breakthrough year . 
Mebude was brought in by the Manager who sees him every day in training, he has given him a couple of short run outs but doesn't think he's worth a run even in a game that's virtually over.
I think people are going to draw ( the obvious ? ) conclusions . 

This is the really odd thing.  

If he looks good enough in training to get on the bench, why is he not getting on the pitch.

If he’s just on the bench to just make up the numbers, why was he brought here in the first place and that really doesn’t reflect well on our U21 alternatives either.

As some have mentioned, it does make you wonder if there’s some contractural reasons for these bench appearances.  Whatever the reasons, this has certainly been a very strange loan and hasn’t benefitted either party.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

If he looks good enough in training to get on the bench, why is he not getting on the pitch.

If he’s just on the bench to just make up the numbers, why was he brought here in the first place and that really doesn’t reflect well on our U21 alternatives either.

As some have mentioned, it does make you wonder if there’s some contractural reasons for these bench appearances.  Whatever the reasons, this has certainly been a very strange loan and hasn’t benefitted either party.

I'm guessing he was known to be a real prospect from his academy days, the time at Westerlo could have been for many reasons . It may have been a punt . 
When he came in he was unknown to everyone , now he's been looked at he obviously isn't pressing for a start , but I wonder if it's just saving face by having him on the bench or just no one else to be there. I saw a Tweet saying yesterday was the first time we didn't have an academy player on the bench and we still didn't fill it. 
He does give an option at least.

16 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I’d be amazed if it’s not in the loan deal that we pay a fine per each game he’s not on the bench. Theres no other explanation imo

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm guessing he was known to be a real prospect from his academy days, the time at Westerlo could have been for many reasons . It may have been a punt . 
When he came in he was unknown to everyone , now he's been looked at he obviously isn't pressing for a start , but I wonder if it's just saving face by having him on the bench or just no one else to be there. I saw a Tweet saying yesterday was the first time we didn't have an academy player on the bench and we still didn't fill it. 

I said on FBC last night that I wondered similarly, that leaving him out and playing him in u21s might be a tad embarrassing for player and club

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’d be amazed if it’s not in the loan deal that we pay a fine per each game he’s not on the bench. Theres no other explanation imo

Could be.

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Makes you think a bit more scouting was needed with this one, as it didn’t seem to take very long to make a decision on him once he arrived.

Must have had something about him to interest Rangers and Man City, but it’s looking like he could be one of those really promising kids, who doesn’t carry on progressing in the adult game.

Hope for his sake he gets back on track, but can’t imagine it being with us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I said on FBC last night that I wondered similarly, that leaving him out and playing him in u21s might be a tad embarrassing for player and club

I am amazed he's not been given a run in the U21s. When you think a few of the first team who actually play, notably Kahki , have had a run out for them just to get minutes. Training is one thing, but surely seeing him in a match would be good, even if it is one the U21.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Sounds very plausible.  

You just get the feeling that he could be the last person left on the bench and we’d choose to play with 10 men, rather than bring him on!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I am amazed he's not been given a run in the U21s. When you think a few of the first team who actually play, notably Kahki , have had a run out for them just to get minutes. Training is one thing, but surely seeing him in a match would be good, even if it is one the U21.

Bit harsh. Hes not been great at times but giving him that nickname is OTT

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bit harsh. Hes not been great at times but giving him that nickname is OTT

For some reason the spell check has worked overtime this morning , I've caught most, but not all obviously :protest:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Agree completely but we have so many “experts” on here, probably the same people who were slagging off the likes of Bobby Reid and Semenyo in their early days saying they weren’t good enough to make it

But Bobby and Semenyo were talked up and continually given chances by our coaching teams/managers. As well as by a reasonable number of fans who'd seen them many times for the youth teams. That's not happening here.

In this case they (the coaching staff) clearly don't see him as good enough, and given we've barely seen him I don't think it's unreasonable for people to take a general steer from that is it? There are more ways to learn about things than just seeing them with your own eyes.

If you think he is going to make it I'd be interested what you're basing that off? Presumably if so that's in contrast to Manning and co it's actually you who thinks you're an expert. 

Or you just have no opinion at all I suppose, in which case why are you here?

• Like 7

If the management think he’s not good enough then fine and I don’t have a problem with that because they see him every day, my problem is that the critics on here have been judging a 19 year old ever since seeing him play for 30 minutes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

If the management think he’s not good enough then fine and I don’t have a problem with that because they see him every day, my problem is that the critics on here have been judging a 19 year old ever since seeing him play for 30 minutes

But they're probably judging him off both those things right - he had a really poor cameo then hasn't even made it in the pitch again even when we're miles ahead or have nothing to play for.

It sounds fair enough to me personally.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bcfc willzyak said:

Atleast he sits on the bench because if I knew I wasn’t go to play I wouldn’t be turning up, at least he must have some sort of a good attitude 

You'd break your contract with city, which would allow City to break their contact with your parent club. And probably stop anyone wanting to take a chance on you.

Bad career move, but okay.

36 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

What would be really embarrassing if we’d agreed a clause saying he had to be in the squad or we’d be penalised financially, then also agreed a clause saying we’d have to make the deal permanent if he was in more than 10 squads….

Hmmm……a conspiracy theory……………..:cool2:

12 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

But they're probably judging him off both those things right - he had a really poor cameo then hasn't even made it in the pitch again even when we're miles ahead or have nothing to play for.

It sounds fair enough to me personally.

Yep. The only issue being why he is making the bench. But I think @Silvio Dante is right in that we've probably agreed that to guarantee the loan. Otherwise 'why?', right?

Speculating on anything else would be up there with '5g' conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

I going against the grain here and all the expert sages we have on here, when he came on I thought he had a nice touch but looked a total stranger to his team mates which was not surprising given he had only just come in. The step up in fitness and speed of the championship is massive to a player who has not been playing, but the clips of him training from a while back he looked to have good quality finishing, but perhaps he needs time physically to be up to this level.

As for not getting on the pitch, I will give an alternative conspiracy theory that we are happy for other teams to not seem him play, particularly if we are having to negotiate a deal for him.

Of course I could be wrong and he will go back and never be heard from again, but even if thats the case we lost very little bringing him in and looking and so what if he is just sat on the bench we cannot fill anyway.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

What would be really embarrassing if we’d agreed a clause saying he had to be in the squad or we’d be penalised financially, then also agreed a clause saying we’d have to make the deal permanent if he was in more than 10 squads….

Even if that's the case, I've got no issue with him being in the match day squad for the unlikely event that we get a flurry of injuries and need an extra forward. He's not doing any harm sitting there. It's just disappointing for him that he didn't prove himself during his stay.

It could be that he’s proven in training to be an absolute wizard of a player. We told him to play carp in his last match and now we’re not playing him as part of a cunning plan to drive the transfer fee down. To keep the player’s spirits up during this ‘withdrawn’ period we treat him to days out sitting on the bench.

Alternatively, he’s not very good and the work experience analyst who recommended him has been sacked. 

Hopefully, the former.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

You might get away with that attitude if you were playing in a pub league. These guys are professionals and turn up for work regardless.

We all know they are professions but how many professionals don’t turn up to clubs? It does happen…. Regardless what league you play in? 

• Hmmm 1

7 hours ago, RedRock said:

It could be that he’s proven in training to be an absolute wizard of a player. We told him to play carp in his last match and now we’re not playing him as part of a cunning plan to drive the transfer fee down. To keep the player’s spirits up during this ‘withdrawn’ period we treat him to days out sitting on the bench.

Alternatively, he’s not very good and the work experience analyst who recommended him has been sacked. 

Hopefully, the former.

Sounds about right.

43 minutes ago, phantom said:

Tony Dinning

Gnonto went on strike at the start of the season at Leeds to try & force a move to Everton through.

Dinning absolutely had us over, he promised whilst on loan to move down here if we signed him permanently but when we did, refused to do so.

Another of Tinnion’s brilliant signings as manager.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RedRock said:

Hopefully, the former.

Thought Manning said that he had scouted him extensively. Unfortunately the work experience analyst is still Head Coach.